Writing the Ceremony

Kristen14

DIS Veteran
Hi girls! I need help writing my ceremony. I'm looking for something more religious than the sample ceremonies our officiant gave us.

I was raised Catholic and am used to Catholic wedding ceremonies. I know our marriage won't be recognized by the Catholic church, but I want it to sound familiar... does that make any sense?

So my question is, how close to a Catholic ceremony can I get in a non-denominational chapel with a Presbyterian officiant? oh and it needs to be under a half hour. Has anybody done anything like this? Is there a website that'll write a ceremony for me :thumbsup2? That would be nice :woohoo:

Can your officant get you a sample Catholic ceremony that you can customize? We're working to alter a standard Protestant ceremony that our officiant gave us. We discussed it with him, and he is very open to our changes.

we were raised catholic as well and have a rabbi performing our ceremony...he had a wedding ceremony book that i was able to choose a format from..there were several in there with the kneeling and standing and sitting and so on...i call it catholic aerobics, but anyway, maybe your officiant has such a book, and you can pick one from there...

THanks for the advice girls! That book is a good idea. My officiant doesnt have anything Catholic-ish as a sample, but he said he'd do any ceremony I give him. I'll definitely need some "Catholic aerobics" after eating Disney food all week :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter