WS boats at Epcot

blemon

Mouseketeer
Are both boats working now?

I remember that the last time we went, it was only going from the plaza to Morocco and back.
Germany to the plaza and back wasn't running.

I could be totally wrong but this is what I remember.

Plaza to Morocco ...to plaza. Captain announced it would be going to Canada after Morocco, but I didn't realize this was even a 'thing'. Anyway, This was as of the 18th.

Plaza to Morocco ...to plaza. Captain announced it would be going to Canada after Morocco, but I didn't realize this was even a 'thing'. Anyway, This was as of the 18th.
What is being called “Plaza” in this case is also called “Canada.”

What is being called “Plaza” in this case is also called “Canada.”
This is great news. Every step I can save my aching feet is appreciated. We are going to start with Mexico and head toward Germany, stopping along the way.
Then we'll trek the 1/3 mile to Morocco, get on the boat up to the Canada side of the plaza and work our way back down to America, country by country.

This is great news. Every step I can save my aching feet is appreciated. We are going to start with Mexico and head toward Germany, stopping along the way.
Then we'll trek the 1/3 mile to Morocco, get on the boat up to the Canada side of the plaza and work our way back down to America, country by country.
That makes no sense. You have to walk through Italy, America and Japan to get to Morocco. After that, it is France, UK and then Canada. ‍♀️

You do realize you'll pass America on your way to Morocco, right?

OH. I guess I never really thought of that as Canada...but now I will. Let's face it....Canada is a HUGE country, right? !!

The two Friendship docks that are located in the (Showcase) Plaza area (north edge of World Showcase Lagoon, I've labeled as "A" and "C" below) are commonly called "Canada" and "Mexico," due to each of them being, respectively, nearby to those pavilions.

On the south side ("B" and "D" on the map,) they are commonly called "Morocco" and "Germany."

Epcot-WS-GE_040916_zpsdz271kit.jpg

Last edited:
It will save approx 10 steps
Honestly the boats save little to no steps. What you spend walking down the docks and standing there waiting on a boat would get you to the other side

You do realize you'll pass America on your way to Morocco, right?
Yeah. The only thing you cut off with the boat is France and UK. You have to walk through every other country to reach the boat. Hence my above post about it saving 10 steps

The only way the FriendShip would really save a lot of walking,for example,would be if a Guest was just going to tour Future World that day,but had an ADR in Morocco.

They could just take the FriendShip both going to and returning from their ADR.

Having said that,we look at the FriendShip as an ATTRACTION and ride it as such-it gives a totally different view of World Showcase.:)

For the estimated thousand or so times I had to get to or from Canada to almost every country in the WS, not once did I use the boats to save time or steps. I consider the boats primarily an attraction.

Its also not the saving of the steps but you do get to sit down and relax and take a load off of your feet while you are on the boat and as others say its more or an attarction and gives you a different perspective of WS. After saying all that I must admit I have never taken the boat!!!

I love the Friendship boats, and consider them an atttaction. I think we take every mode of transportation we can, just because. Feet savers? Not unless you just wanted to sit down for a spell.

Having said that,we look at the FriendShip as an ATTRACTION and ride it as such-it gives a totally different view of World Showcase.:)
Yes, we just like riding the boats. Sometimes the captains can be delightful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter