WWII survivor of Okinawa, beaten to death in US

I have been saying for years that many people in this country have lost their way. They have lost common sense, civility, and compassion. We are a violent country with a terrible reputation on the world stage re: violence. We need a major correction with not only our youth, but our family structure, dependence on electronics and loss of face-to-face conversation and empathy. I do NOT want to be a senior citizen in this country down the line. Very sad.:guilty:

The problem is when a white man kills a black man the media must make it about race. You will be hard pressed to find a Zimmerman/Martin article where Martin is not mentioned by race.

Yet here no mention of it. Why? IMHO I believe it would be seen by many as racist.

Lets call it like it is.

Why? The Zimmerman case became big news because the killer was going to walk without a trial. The marcher were because many felt justice wasn't served.

See the difference?

Why? The Zimmerman case became big news because the killer was going to walk without a trial. The marcher were because many felt justice wasn't served.

See the difference?

Zimmerman was a case of self defense that the media and people with WAY too much power tried to turn into something else. Most of the experts are saying he never should have been arrested, much less charged and tried. And that all happened specifically because of race and no other factor.

Zimmerman was a case of self defense that the media and people with WAY too much power tried to turn into something else. Most of the experts are saying he never should have been arrested, much less charged and tried. And that all happened specifically because of race and no other factor.

And other "experts" disagree. And so do I.

But the point is that people are complaining about the lack of "marches". The case is getting attention, not overlooked like the Martin case was for months, and so far, the system seems to be working.

It happened a few hours away from me. It should be a race issue. It doesn't matter what color of skin you have. It was a crime. It was a horrible crime to an 80 something year old man. Who was beaten some jackwagon kids. I am glad one was caught. Hopefully the other one will be soon.
It's awful.

Saw this on news, poor soul, so very heartbreaking :sad1:! News said he was waiting for his friend so he could walk her safely in the lodge :guilty:. Now... where is the outrage and protestors in deliberate murder?! :confused3

It made me sick reading that article and thinking of these animal beating on that poor man! Where are all the black leaders now when they should be speaking???

The problem is when a white man kills a black man the media must make it about race. You will be hard pressed to find a Zimmerman/Martin article where Martin is not mentioned by race.

Yet here no mention of it. Why? IMHO I believe it would be seen by many as racist.

Lets call it like it is.

Exactly! When it is a black on white crime Rev Al and his bunch sink back down into whatever hole they have climbed out of and are silent, but as soon as there is one white on black crime they are marching and protesting everywhere!

People should be outraged no matter if it is black on white, white on black, black on black, white on white. One should not be more or less important than the other!

And other "experts" disagree. And so do I.

But the point is that people are complaining about the lack of "marches". The case is getting attention, not overlooked like the Martin case was for months, and so far, the system seems to be working.

Nobody close to the Zimmerman case ever believed there was a real case. And if you're telling me that Zimmerman still goes to trial if he had been black, you're not being truthful. There would have been no trial without the political pressure. We all know that. And there'd have been no political pressure if he'd been black (or if Martin had been white). We all know that as well.

As for the lack of protest, I agree protest is completely unwarranted - just as it was with Zimmerman.

I read about this today. How unbelievably cruel. :( For this poor man, who had served his country many years ago, worked for over 30 years after the war, and was active up until his death, to be killed in such a tragic, heartless way is unthinkable. I read an article saying he was targeted for robbery, and probably because he was older and short (just over 5 ft), they thought it would be easy. :( I feel so sorry for his family. I wish the two teens will have the book thrown at them -- although, let's face it, this is unlikely as they are both young -- and I also wish that they really, truly feel remorse over the crime -- but again, for this I am not holding my breath. So very sad. These two guys probably never would have targeted him in his prime -- but once he has lived most of his life, and he's older (therefore weaker), he's a target. Truly disgusting.

The negative racial tone of many threads both saddens and disgusts me. These types of crimes and crime in general are not unique to one race. They are an American problem.

Here, a 74 year old man was recently beaten to death with a hammer. Its all just terrible.

Of course its not unique to one race. But this case and others recently have been committed by young black men. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are leaders in the black community and as such, they should be speaking out on these crimes. The amount of black on black crimes is way too high, they should be speaking out on that. Not because these crimes are only committed by blacks but because they have influence in that community.

I have seen Jesse in action. He came here, led a march and started a lot of racial tension over a young man's tragic death. He kept saying that this young man had been murdered because he was black. If he had only waited for the autopsy, all of that could have been avoided. The young man had committed suicide. And Jess left town without so much as a good bye. Never once did he even try to settle the tension that HE started.

Try them as adults and give them the death penalty. I'll be happy to flip the switch.

Truly, I believe that there are some people who should not be allowed to walk among those of us who try to be good, do good, do the right thing. These thugs are among them. I won't call them animals because that would be an insult to animals.

And you know what...I don't care what their issue is. I don't care if they grew up poor, abused or anything else. I don't care what color they are.

I don't care.

It's time to start making an example of these thugs, whether they are white, black or green with pink polka dots.

This story makes me so sad... my grandfather was a WWII veteran, and I could not imagine how I would have felt if his life had ended this way.

That being said the sadder fact is that a crime identical to this probably happened at least five times today somewhere in the world. The only difference is that we have the freest press so the rest of the world hears about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter