WWTBAM-PI in danger at MGM?

WWTBAMFAN

DIS Veteran
I was a WWTBAM-PI in september and saw that the fast pass machines were closed. A CM told me that they had shut the machines down that week.

Is this attraction in danger? I know that they have closed the DCA version of the attraction due to poor crowds. This is one of my favorite attractions and I hope that it survives.

I know that they are taping episodes of the syndicated version of the show in mid January and so the attraction will be safe until then.

I saw it yesterday afternoon around 2:00, it was an almost full audience on a fairly slow day at MGM.

It has been full every time that I've been to it, though for last showing on one rainy day the CM was recruiting people to attend.

I have real doubts about the livelihood of the tv show in any form. Our local tv station moved the daytime version to a dead-end time slot, and even Meredith Viera doesn't talk about it any more on the View. A year or so ago, Regis was saying that they were going to do week long Millionaire shows a few times a year. That happened once or twice, and it's been MIA for quite a while.

It's really a shame that ABC killed the original show by airing it 3 times a week. Talk about taking a good thing and beating it into the ground. So I wonder if the show completely disappears, will the attraction at MGM close down?

I have it on good authority that there are no immediate plans to close WWTBAM. The FastPass machines were taken away so that they could be moved to the entrance of the "Lights! Motors! Action! Stunt Show", which is where they now reside.

Yeah I wonder why the attraction is doing well in WDW and not at DCA. I was afraid that the removal of the fast pass machines was a sign that the attraction may be phased out. This is one of the best attractions at WDW for nerds.

That is my son's favorite attraction at WDW and it's always one that we try to take part in at least twice on our MGM days. I would really hope that it will still be there in 2006 when we return again. (At least I hope we get to go back that summer :wizard: )

I believe that WWTBAM-PI at WDW is safe. My understanding is the one at DCA was closed not due to "poor crowds" but the wrong crowds. Seems most of the attendees (winners) were SoCal AP holders. The "Powers that Be" apparently prefer to devote their resources to attractions that cater to a broader audience ... whatever that means.

I hear that one of the hosts from DCA is actually hosting at WDW now.

It was pretty crowded when we were there in October. I finally made it into the hot seat that day, but missed on the 32,000 point question. I hope it's still there next year so that I can try to get further.

WWTBAMFAN said:
This is one of the best attractions at WDW for nerds.

LOL! No wonder I like it. Actually, I often get frustrated by this attraction because the person in the hot seat is usually some teenager to just punches in any combination of buttons really fast and gets lucky enough to stumble on the right sequence. Then they don't know the answers after that. Maybe I'm just bitter because I wanted to be in the hot seat. :D

Getting into the hot seat is a blast. I have been a number of times. I finally made it into the hot seat on a fastest finger question. Normally I make it the hard way by answering the questions with the first or second contestant.

I do not understand why Disney does not like repeat contestants. MGM adopted the thirty day rule due to a local AP holder who was getting on multiple times in a day. It sounds like the fact that the DCA version of the attraction had mainly a regular crowd hurt the attraction.

WWTBAM is great. It took me three tries to make the Hot Seat this year, and never once by the fatest finger. Winning times were all sub 1 second which is just guessing. You have a one in 24 chance of getting the right combination. You need to go in with a preset sequence in mind.

Missed at the 500,000 pt question,

Name of the town for a British Soap Opera, oh well, next year I will be back.

Yensid_MD

What is the answer to the last question. MGM is not suppose to repeat questions but you never know.

Better not close! My DD has a goal of getting to the hot seat and doing as well as me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter