• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WWYD? BW or WL

Nurse_Mommy4

DIS Veteran
Good morning,

Which would you choose to spend a resort only extended weekend for the 4th of July Holiday?

I will be at WDW with my DDs from 7/1-7/5. They will hit the parks while I enjoy the resort and join them for ADRs. We are local and DVC but this trip is cash and I need to decide between WL and BW. I have spent time at both resorts but neither for the 4th of July. I originally booked WL and when they announced that BW was opening my daughter booked it as she thought I would enjoy the boardwalk area. We will have our car so proximity to ADRs isn't a concern.

TIA

We will have our car so proximity to ADRs isn't a concern.
This is not be a positive on the 3-4th of July as there is expected to be massive traffic. Where are the girls going to be spending the bulk of their time and where are any ADRs for those 2 day as that will help you make a quick decision between BW and WL.

Dave

This is not be a positive on the 3-4th of July as there is expected to be massive traffic. Where are the girls going to be spending the bulk of their time and where are any ADRs for those 2 day as that will help you make a quick decision between BW and WL.

Dave
Good point. I didn't really think about that. The 3rd dinner is downtown Disney and the 4th at WCC.

Last edited:
Pyrely subjective to my taste, but if I were hanging out at the resort, then I would pick WL because it's a more laid-back environment and offers access to all the activities at Fort Wilderness.

BW would be more if I wanted easy access to the parks, but I would prefer YC/BC for SAB, plus access to everything the bopardwalk may offer when it reopens.

Love both, but if I'm not visiting parks, I'd choose WL. I could spend 8 hours at Geyser Point alone. Could also spend all morning by a fireplace with coffee.

I knew you'll have a car, but I'd also like the option to get on a boat to then monorail over to some other resorts and sit a spell over there, avoiding parking/traffic/etc.

I'd pick WL. The BW is nice but it does not seem as appealing to me for a resort stay. WL offers a lot of options with a boat to the MK you can easily get to 3 other resorts. While BW does provide access to the skyline, I'd still prefer the views at WL than BW.

Pyrely subjective to my taste, but if I were hanging out at the resort, then I would pick WL because it's a more laid-back environment and offers access to all the activities at Fort Wilderness.

BW would be more if I wanted easy access to the parks, but I would prefer YC/BC for SAB, plus access to everything the bopardwalk may offer when it reopens.
Access to Fort Wilderness is a good point!

When I stayed at Wilderness Lodge, every day I wished I were at BoardWalk or Beach Club.

When you're at BoardWalk, you are in the Epcot Resort Area. You can easily walk to other hotels.

When you're at Wilderness Lodge, you're in a hotel. You can't walk anywhere. You have to get in the car or on a bus. (or a boat if you want to go to MK, but that takes longer than the bus.)

I may be the only one who feels this way, but Wilderness Lodge was a One and Done for me. I have no desire to go back.

I would do WL! The boats are such a refreshing experience. Taking the boat to MK you can then monorail to Poly or GF which are also lovely for resort only visits. You could even check out the new walking path from MK to GF one evening when it cools down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter