WWYD College son? Update 1st post

UPDATE:

After originally going to Student Services and being told the January semester was full, my son made the decision to withdraw from the semester and went back a second day to do so.
By some kind of luck of either a spot opening up or the other person he talked to didn’t know what they were doing, the staff told him there is a spot for January! We are so happy!

DS will pick up shifts at work until the new semester starts Jan 29.

Just wanted to clarify that my son is not a strong student but he is still motivated. It has just always taken him longer to understand concepts and write things like essays compared to his brothers.

Thanks everyone for your helpful input!
"Bumping" this down so everybody will see it. I agree it sounds like you got a good outcome. :wave2:

Ultimately it’s my son’s decision but I want to hear your input.

I have 3 sons. 2 are great in school and the third one well...

There has been a college strike for 5 weeks and the teachers only returned this week because the government intervened and made them go back. The strike started during midterm exam week.

DS19 is not a strong student. 5 weeks worth of missed work will have to be crammed in tight to finish the semester.

College is giving the option to finish the semester with cramming in all this work or refunding tuition for the semester and starting over next September, therefore losing a year.

My son is concerned he won’t be able to do it
I am concerned he will be home for a year and possibly lose interest in finishing

It’s his decision but he values my input and also I am paying fully for his education

What do you think?

UPDATE:

After originally going to Student Services and being told the January semester was full, my son made the decision to withdraw from the semester and went back a second day to do so.
By some kind of luck of either a spot opening up or the other person he talked to didn’t know what they were doing, the staff told him there is a spot for January! We are so happy!

Just wanted to clarify that my son is not a strong student but he is still motivated. It has just always taken him longer to understand concepts and write things like essays compared to his brothers.

Great news! Happy for you and for him!

Well now that's awesome a spot opened up :) Glad it worked out :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter