• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WWYD? Dd21 used a groupon to get DH four growlers of beer for Christmas

mjkacmom

DIS Veteran
and it showed up when it was supposed to (chose your date), but one was broken. The company states all packages must be signed for, but it was just left on my porch, and I was home.

I emailed the company, the6 said they’d give me a credit on a future order (no mention of how much).i doubt we will even place a future order, especially now.

Any advice?

Guess it would be dependent on how much Groupon is offering in form of a credit. The breakage and failure to get a signature isn't on Groupon, they don't have their own delivery service. I would bet they make it right, I've used Groupon for years, and their customer service is great.

I would want them to replace the broken growler. They can fight with the delivery company. Just because you use a groupon doesn’t mean you don’t want what you agreed to buy.

Guess it would be dependent on how much Groupon is offering in form of a credit. The breakage and failure to get a signature isn't on Groupon, they don't have their own delivery service. I would bet they make it right, I've used Groupon for years, and their customer service is great.

I would want them to replace the broken growler. They can fight with the delivery company. Just because you use a groupon doesn’t mean you don’t want what you agreed to buy.

So coming at this from the perspective of a business, we do offers with Groupon and sometimes our hands are tied with what we can do. For example, just this morning, a guest called and said they wouldn't be able to use our services (a tour) due to illness. She was unable to reschedule and wanted a refund. I don't physically have the ability to refund her because she bought her ticket through Groupon, not us. Groupon told her that they don't do refunds after 72 hours so she's SOL (and also mad at me even though I have no control over it). If she wanted to reschedule, I would have the ability to do that, but no money was given to my company from her so I can't refund her anything.

It's likely that the company he ordered from isn't able to issue you a refund, only a credit for the future, because they were never paid directly. They *should* be able to send you a replacement though.

To give more information, although I contacted Groupon (use them a lot), I don’t think they are responsible. The four growlers are equal to a twelve pack of beer, original cost was $50, $29 with the Groupon. It was a novelty gift, it’s much cheaper to buy his IPA’s from the liquor stores with great beer selections less than 2 miles of our house (but who knows, DH hasn’t tried it yet).

All I want is a replacement from Hopsy.

I don't see the big deal. It arrived broken, they will give you a credit. Things happen, don't they? What do you want?

A credit on a future order doesn't take care of the problem especially when it was a gift. Maybe I don't want to order in the future.

They should either replace the broken growler or refund your DD for 1/4 of her purchase. The fact that it was a Groupon doesn't matter. I would let them know that that was my expectation. If they don't, I would leave a negative review.

A credit on a future order doesn't take care of the problem especially when it was a gift. Maybe I don't want to order in the future.

They should either replace the broken growler or refund your DD for 1/4 of her purchase. The fact that it was a Groupon doesn't matter. I would let them know that that was my expectation. If they don't, I would leave a negative review.
That's why you as a consumer have to make sure you know the company return policy before you order you can expect them the change their policy just for you.

That's why you as a consumer have to make sure you know the company return policy before you order you can expect them the change their policy just for you.
True, but it would seem that any policy would require that the product is delivered in one piece.

I would expect a product that arrived damaged be replaced. It doesn't matter if it was purchased from Groupon or not. If that can't be done, then I would expect a refund not a credit for a future purchase. Why would I want to purchase from them again if they don't bother to make things right in the first place.

You can also contact the shipping company. They will want to know that it was dropped off without a proper signature.

Unless the company got any money from Groupon (and they usually get maybe 10-20%, not a lot at all), you need to contact Groupon to see if they will refund you.

It occurs to me that a vendor who is using Groupon is attempting to promote their product/expand their customer base with the hope for return business. I don't know who technically is responsible for correcting this situation, but if I'm the brewer I'm going to make sure my customer is happy with the outcome. As the business person I can't afford to have an unhappy customer who will not only never buy from me again, but spread the word of their unhappy experience. I'd say Groupon has some skin in this game as well, but less so than the beer distributor.

The fact that it was purchased through Groupon should have no impact. It was broken. I would expect a replacement and not a credit on a future purchase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter