• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WWYD? Disneyland Resorts?

rachel09985

DIS Veteran
Hello,

We are heading to Disneyland in a week and half.

What would you choose?

3 nights at the grand californian ($1,051) and 3 nights at annabella

or

4 nights club level at paradise pier ($1,072) and 2 nights at annabella

I'd take the Grand. Club level isn't worth the money to me.

But TBH, I'd probably see how many nights I could get standard at PP and stay at Annabella for any nights I needed to keep within budget. I'd rather be onsite for as many nights as possible.

I too, would take the Grand even though they are under renovation. We have stayed at all three Disney hotels, and love the Grand the best. It isn't a problem in the morning to get TO the parks from any of the parks, it is the walk BACK to the room after a day in the parks that does us in! That is one reason why we choose the Grand.
What ever hotel you choose, have a great time!

Also make sure you stay at Annabella first - we did a slit stay in 2013, 3 nights DLH followed by 8 nights HoJo. Totally wrong way around, the whole time at HoJo I kept thinking of all the cool things we were missing out on, even something as simple as an on site place to eat or drink.

How much for 6 nights PPH standard room?

GCH. PP isn't in the same league as GCH. One question- why not DLH? We loved it so much on our first visit, we stayed again on our second. DL has so many good food and drink options, agree with other posters that club isn't worth it in DLR.

Given those choices, CGH. Club level isn't interesting to me at PP since I don't want to spend that much time over there. I'd look at spending the whole time at PP though. I actually really like PP and our recent GCH stay was kinda blah (but of course the location can't be beat). If you do a split stay, do the Disney hotel last..it's hard to downgrade!

OP, you didn't mention who is traveling with you. I mention this because I agree with prior posts that most of the time the club level really has very little value. But in certain situations it can make for a much more comfortable trip. We had four to a room one time (older kids and adults) and it was just so cool that we could kind of wander over to the club lounge while others in the party were showering, dressing, etc. It just gave us a lot of extra space and privacy for the price, and we liked hanging out there to plan our day, etc. The club level really enhanced our trip in that situation. If you have young kids who couldn't "meet up in the lounge," then I'd skip it and go with the GCH.

I would choose 4 night at PP and 2 at annabella. Staying at Annabella first. More magical that way. At PP could you have a theme park View? watching WOC from your room is lovely. Just a mention..I believe the PP CL closes at 8pm and the CL at DLH and GC closes at 10pm. Enjoy your trip:flower3:

Absolutely agree that if you're going to do a split stay, your last days should be onsite.

I'd go with the Grand and agree it should be the later part of your stay because your legs and feet will want to be closer after that many days.
Club level rooms only help if you believe you'll be at the hotel during those hours. The hours at PP Club are pretty limited, at least for the way I do Disneyland. I don't think I'd ever use the club room. Have you priced out PP non club for a longer stay?

I'd go with the Grand and agree it should be the later part of your stay because your legs and feet will want to be closer after that many days.
Club level rooms only help if you believe you'll be at the hotel during those hours. The hours at PP Club are pretty limited, at least for the way I do Disneyland. I don't think I'd ever use the club room. Have you priced out PP non club for a longer stay?

Good points. I guess park hours really need to be factored in as well.
Seems like the one point everybody agrees on is that the onsite part should be at the second half of the trip.

6 nights at PPH standard room over both those!

Or 6 nights at DLH.

It is so much more enjoyable to check in and stay put.

PPH Club Level isn't anything special. I'd take the difference and book standard at DLH or PPH.

It depends on how many people are in your party but the GCH would be my first choice but we loved club level at the PPH. Like loved it! And I agree, the DLR hotel needs to be during the second half.

For my family I'd choose pph over gch for the space alone. Also, club level at pph saves us a good amount of money over non club because it's breakfast and drinks for our whole family. Plus at pph you get the perfectly comfortable fold down couch for an extra sleeping space.

Also make sure you stay at Annabella first - we did a slit stay in 2013, 3 nights DLH followed by 8 nights HoJo. Totally wrong way around, the whole time at HoJo I kept thinking of all the cool things we were missing out on, even something as simple as an on site place to eat or drink.

How much for 6 nights PPH standard room?
Sadly that isn't an option. It is tinkerbell week, so availability is limited.

For my family I'd choose pph over gch for the space alone. Also, club level at pph saves us a good amount of money over non club because it's breakfast and drinks for our whole family. Plus at pph you get the perfectly comfortable fold down couch for an extra sleeping space.

That helps because it is me and husband, my mom, and my 29 year old autistic brother. Ideally my mom and brother would like separate beds.

Yes I am booking with a TA discount and it is basically not an option. The only thing available is club level for paradise pier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter