WWYD - FP Planning

TinkSassy

DIS Veteran
Ok - so I'm 10 days for my FP date and there is no news on anything from DHS regarding expanded hours/events etc for the first months of RotR opening. So, I'm thinking of this as my plan - thoughts?

Must do rides DHS - RotR, Smugglers Run, ST, TSMM and SDD ***SDD could be skipped and we want to ride the 2 SW rides multiple times
Must do rides at Epcot - SE, Soarin, FEA (hoping to ride Nemo, Figment and Mexico too) and catch all the new movies on WS
We will be 2 adults on a 3 day weekend - Sat, Sun, Mon on a level 8 or higher long weekend (Monday we are going to MK all day)

Saturday -
Arrive an hour before opening and RD RotR, going to MFSR right after - break out to TSL and use FP for TSMM and see if SDD is doable, FP for ST catch lunch at Docking Bay 7 and then get back in line for MFSR (maybe 2x as we can single rider) and maybe RotR again (depending on line). Cantina reservation is in the mix around 1pm. Depending on time go back to the hotel for a break - or catch one/two of the shows with seats to rest. We are ending the night with the SW fireworks (so FP starting around 11 for TSMM (or SDD if there was an odd miracle), ST and Little Mermaid (as a toss away to have Tier 1 back).

Sunday -
EMH at DHS so starting here for another shot at RotR and MFSR some blue milk and/or ronto wraps. Then will grab the boat to Epcot - see B&tB Sing Along, China and Canada movies, thinking FP starting around 11 with FEA, SE and Nemo (hoping to pick up a FP for Soarin after we tap Nemo). Finish the night with Epcot Forever

Does this make sense with the limited information we have on the affect of RotR opening (or any special accommodations for it)?

EMH at DHS so starting here for another shot at RotR and MFSR some blue milk and/or ronto wraps. Then will grab the boat to Epcot - see B&tB Sing Along, China and Canada movies, thinking FP starting around 11 with FEA, SE and Nemo (hoping to pick up a FP for Soarin after we tap Nemo).

Did you want to do the sing along and the movies before your FPs? Keep in mind that, as far as I know, you won't be able to do those until World Showcase opens at 11:00, so you might want to adjust that 11:00 FP start time.

Ever since its opening, I have been watching the lines apps for MFSR, and it appears to have shorter lines in the mid to late afternoon. When we were there in September, we rode it about 4 with a thirty minute wait, It could be better to go from RotR to TSL in the morning and come back for MFSR

I think you’ll need to be at the turnstiles 90 minutes before park open for rope drop similar to flight of passage. easywdw.com has a new post regarding DHS rope drop.

Nobody knows how the opening of RoTR will change the crowds or flow at HS. If it is as good as hyped, I would epect you would need to be at the tapstiles a minimum of 60 minutes (wtch the group info), but probably earlier to be near the front of the line. I wuold expect it to also increase the wait at MFSR (looking at the overflow from FoP to Navi as an eample).
Currently, within 15 minutes of park opening, SDD has a 60-90 minute wait (nobody knows if this becomes better or worse after RoTR opens), so trying to do that after SWGE is probably not doable.

Sunday - FEA opens at 9 with the park, the rest of World Showcase doesn't open till 11 if that changes any of your plans. The rest looks doable for Sunday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter