Wyndham Bonnet Creek reservation canceled!

Is cancelation a problem for rack rates through the hotel website as well? Or is it just point rental? We are looking at off property hotels for the future. I am extremely risk adverse and with the COVID DVC issues, I don't intend to rent others timeshares anyway. I also don't want to be cancelled on.

Is cancelation a problem for rack rates through the hotel website as well? Or is it just point rental? We are looking at off property hotels for the future. I am extremely risk adverse and with the COVID DVC issues, I don't intend to rent others timeshares anyway. I also don't want to be cancelled on.
Extraholidays.com is the official rental arm of Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek.

Is cancellation a problem if you book through that website? There is always some risk of cancellation or being moved to a different resort, but a pretty slim chance. I wouldn't be too concerned.

The cancellations of the reservations of private individuals using their points to rent is the result of Wyndham trying to limit commercial renting. It has created new block-out dates and limitations.

How many renters are having their reservations canceled? Probably not many, but creating some fear and doubt to damage the rental market is part of the plan for Wyndham.

But you're absolutely correct, CW does not sell triennial developer (i.e., "new") contracts.
Even if you find a converted triennial week, I would not recommend buying it. I would not even recommend buying a biannual. The reasons are a little complicated, but the short answer is that the system is really designed to work with annual ownership, and biannual contracts are a pain. For example, you do not get any housekeeping credits in the "off" years, which can constrain how you use the system (or make it more expensive).

If you want an every-other-year Wyndham visit, I think one is better off buying a smaller annual contract and using the points deposit feature to move points forward 1 or 2 years.

The other place to learn about Wyndham is the directory. In particular, I'd focus on Ownership Types (pages 300-301) plus Your Benefits and Use Year (pages 314-321). That's "Wyndham 101"

https://cbadb35588.site.internapcdn.net/http/0749-2020-cw-directory/index.html
Wow, this was sooo helpful. I joined TUG but was still struggling trying to find info. The section that noted checkin is 4pm, checkout 10am, and that you lose all points for cancellations within 14 days of arrival were HUGE eye openers for me.

We picked up a Wyndham this year to supplement our DVC contracts. Our travel time is typically October/November. We bought about 2 weeks in a 1 BR for stays during F & W. Our MF's will be about $1200/yr. We paid $1400 for the contract, closing and transfer fees with a net cost of about $200 (included 2022 points). Not bad for being *two doors down* from RIV. We had dinner at Topolino's in May and watched a rainbow land on WBC!

It took me several months of research to figure out Wyndham and what a good price would be. Closing and getting points took about 4 excruciating months, but for $200 vs buying an additional 500 DVC points it was well worth it. I used a similar strategy to buying DVC in looking for the lowest asking price and negotiating from there. I bid on at least 10 contracts. Most resale contracts prices are ridiculous so expect a long search.

We are also using II through DVC to stay at Marriott's Grande Vista for $450 for a week in a 2 BR. Between DVC, Wyndham, II through DVC and SOG we will be able to achieve our 4-6 week plan. Good luck!
May I ask where you actually purchased the Wyndham points - I know where to buy DVC Resale with confidence, but cannot say the same for Wyndham...

I bought my first from a broker, but he’s no longer in the business. The bulk of mine were converted floating weeks during a free conversion promotion as part of the pandemic response. That’s also no longer an option. Many people use the TUG marketplace, Redweek, or even eBay.

I like the modification policy - funny how they prevent "walking" and Disney does not seem to care.

May I ask where you actually purchased the Wyndham points - I know where to buy DVC Resale with confidence, but cannot say the same for Wyndham...
We bought through fidelityrealestate.com. We bought quite a few DVC's from them in the past. Do the advanced search and look for the oldest listings. I made many offers before we got this one.

Timesharenation.com has free listings where the seller pays all closing costs and new listings are frequently added from what I've observed.

Good luck!

We bought through fidelityrealestate.com. We bought quite a few DVC's from them in the past. Do the advanced search and look for the oldest listings. I made many offers before we got this one.

Timesharenation.com has free listings where the seller pays all closing costs and new listings are frequently added from what I've observed.

Good luck!
One thing to watch out for with Fidelity Real Estate is that they appear to be an upfront listing company that charges buyers very high fees to simply dump their timeshare listing on the website. This isn't inherently bad as a buyer, but you really need to understand what you are buying and how much it is really worth. There are many listings on this site that are completely unrealistic. Many Club Wyndham Access listings in the tens of thousands of dollars that are really only worth a few hundred, or even less.

One thing to watch out for with Fidelity Real Estate is that they appear to be an upfront listing company that charges buyers very high fees to simply dump their timeshare listing on the website. This isn't inherently bad as a buyer, but you really need to understand what you are buying and how much it is really worth. There are many listings on this site that are completely unrealistic. Many Club Wyndham Access listings in the tens of thousands of dollars that are really only worth a few hundred, or even less.
Yes. We paid $200 net. The seller had five contracts he was selling and we bought one. We are pleased with our addition to our multiple DVC contracts. Thanks for the advice.

Oh, and we have 13 nights this fall in a 1 BR Presidential at Bonnet Creek for a few bucks more than our MF's (I was a few points short so topped off with $55). Total about $1300 or $100 per night. Can't beat that!

It allows us to have 4 nights in a 1 BR at BRV in June and 8 nights in a OKW studio this fall for our son and DIL (we may modify theirs at 7 months). We had a crazy 2022 with a total of 5 weeks for us and 3 weeks for our son and DIL (part DVC, a *getaway* week and WBC) and we rented some excess points as well. For us, it's not so much the MF's as we don't want to spend another 60K+ on DVC resales LOL...the math just works for us.

pixiedust:

If you want an every-other-year Wyndham visit, I think one is better off buying a smaller annual contract and using the points deposit feature to move points forward 1 or 2 years.
I agree. I think this is also is a good strategy for people with DVC if they don't have enough funds or desire to get a lot of points. Doing one trip every three years is probably a good strategy for a lot of people. You bank one year you use one year and you borrow one year

If anyone has other websites to check for Wyndham Bonnet Creek timeshare resales - please share? Fidelity has some, but they don't seem to have full info on their listings (which makes them both suspect and confusing) and neither timesharenation nor TUG had any WBC listings. Thanks! P.S. Be careful with Fidelity, I can tell you they have odd terms in their contract about Buyer's fees - Buyers can be liable for SELLER commissions if Buyers cancel - and they don't seem able to provide all the details about their listings in a timely manner.

Last edited:
for Wyndham Bonnet Creek timeshare resales
With few exceptions, you do not need to own at Bonnet to be able to stay there regularly and at times you prefer--owning at any Wyndham is fine. If you are able to plan 10 months or so ahead, you'll be fine. The latest dates that are sold out in 2BRs right now are duriung the Orange County spring break week (March 11-18 2023)--and only a few dates in the middle of that week are gone. You can book a full two weeks centered on Easter Sunday in either a 1BR or a 2BR. Plenty of availability and no home resort priority needed.

(Note that some of this is better than it had been in past years, possibly in part because of the owner priority list.)

The exceptions: you routinely want/need 4BR units during any peak seasons, or 3BR units during periods of extremely high demand. Otherwise, the resort is very large, and unlike DVC, Wyndham owners don't necessarily plan most of their vacations around Disney.

If anyone has other websites to check for Wyndham Bonnet Creek timeshare resales - please share? Fidelity has some, but they don't seem to have full info on their listings (which makes them both suspect and confusing) and neither timesharenation nor TUG had any WBC listings. Thanks! P.S. Be careful with Fidelity, I can tell you they have odd terms in their contract about Buyer's fees - Buyers can be liable for SELLER commissions if Buyers cancel - and they don't seem able to provide all the details about their listings in a timely manner.
Also take a look at Ebay.

With few exceptions, you do not need to own at Bonnet to be able to stay there regularly and at times you prefer--owning at any Wyndham is fine. If you are able to plan 10 months or so ahead, you'll be fine. The latest dates that are sold out in 2BRs right now are duriung the Orange County spring break week (March 11-18 2023)--and only a few dates in the middle of that week are gone. You can book a full two weeks centered on Easter Sunday in either a 1BR or a 2BR. Plenty of availability and no home resort priority needed.

(Note that some of this is better than it had been in past years, possibly in part because of the owner priority list.)

The exceptions: you routinely want/need 4BR units during any peak seasons, or 3BR units during periods of extremely high demand. Otherwise, the resort is very large, and unlike DVC, Wyndham owners don't necessarily plan most of their vacations around Disney.
So if I purchase sufficient Wyndham Club Access points I should be okay (assuming Wyndham does not remove WBC from the resorts in the WCA group), correct? Also, do you know offhand why the MF seem to vary sooo much for WCA resales (does not seem to be points related so I'm wondering if I'm confused about some aspect of that). Thanks, Brian!

So if I purchase sufficient Wyndham Club Access points I should be okay (assuming Wyndham does not remove WBC from the resorts in the WCA group), correct? Also, do you know offhand why the MF seem to vary sooo much for WCA resales (does not seem to be points related so I'm wondering if I'm confused about some aspect of that).
Before I answer, I will warn you that it all sounds complicated--and it is. Wyndham is a big system, with more than 70 locations, many of those hosting multiple resorts (there are easily more than 100 different resorts). It has been sold under several different ownership models, all of them glommed together. But, the basic idea is: Most vacations you'd want to take can be booked at ten months using points at any Wyndham resort(s). This is very different from, say, DVC. In Wyndham, where you own doesn't really matter, except in how much it costs you.

--------

This is a simplification, but for Wyndham points-based ownerships, there are two reservation periods. The first is the Advanced Reservation Priority window, or ARP. This lasts from 13 months prior to check in, until 10 months plus one day. During ARP, you can only reserve at the resort(s) at which you own. The second is the Standard window, which starts at 10 months prior to check in. During the Standard window, points are points, and you can book any available unit in the system no matter where you own.

So, suppose you want to check in for a vacation on February 17th, 2024. If you owned at Bonnet Creek, you can start booking that stay as early January 17th, 2023. If you own anywhere else, you can start booking that stay as early as April 17th, 2023. ARP seems like it might be important, but in practice it usually isn't.

In most Wyndham resorts, most times of year, ARP isn't really necessary for most reservations. There are some exceptions to this, but they are few and far between. For example, Clearwater during spring break, race week in Daytona, the two Myrtle Beach resorts that have low point charts during peak summer, etc. Bonnet Creek is not one of these exceptions. You can expect to be able to get a 1BR or 2BR at any time of year (and probably a 3BR most times of year) as long as you are willing to book promptly at ten months prior to check in. And, most of the time, you don't need to be nearly that early--as I wrote above, you can still book the two weeks around Easter, and those are barely three months from now. So, there is no particular need to own at Bonnet Creek to stay at Bonnet Creek, even if that's the only place you want to stay.

That means you could buy any Wyndham points ownership and use it at Bonnet. That's important for two reasons. The first reason is that the resort you own might be one at which ARP matters. For example, I own oceanfront at a Hawaii resort, and only someone who owns that view at that resort can book it during ARP. That view can be booked at 10 months, but it goes very very quickly once we get to that point, and it is nice not to have to worry about booking something right at midnight on the dot for a resort that we go back to regularly.

The second reason is more important: the fees per point are based on the costs of the underlying resort and its point chart structure. The per-point costs can vary WILDLY from place to place---by factors of two or more in some cases. Bonnet is near the middle. There are definitely more expensive places to own, but there are also places that are cheaper. And, because you don't particularly need to own Bonnet to stay there, you may as well own someplace that is less expensive.

(As an aside: If you are not regularly planning your vacations more than ten months in advance, ARP rights are completely useless. At ten months, points are points.)

The twist to this is that Wyndham has been sold in (at least) two different ways: the first is deeded ownership at a specific resort. The second is a "blended trust" product called Club Wyndham Access, or CWA. CWA owners do not own at any one resort. Instead, they own a small fraction of many many different resorts. So, CWA owners can book at any CWA resort (availability permitting) at 13 months, and any other resort starting at ten months. Not all resorts are part of CWA, and many that are were sold as both resort-specific and blended, with some inventory allocated to each. Bonnet Creek is one of those that has been sold both as a Bonnet Creek-specific ownership, and as part of CWA.

CWA is attractive because it has such broad privileges during ARP. But, it is also more expensive than many other ownership alternatives. On balance, it's probably about average--and it has to be, because its costs are the average across all of the underlying resorts in the trust. But most people don't need ARP at most resorts most of the time. So it may not be worth paying for, and it may be better to own at a less expensive location.

Before I answer, I will warn you that it all sounds complicated--and it is. Wyndham is a big system, with more than 70 locations, many of those hosting multiple resorts (there are easily more than 100 different resorts). It has been sold under several different ownership models, all of them glommed together. But, the basic idea is: Most vacations you'd want to take can be booked at ten months using points at any Wyndham resort(s). This is very different from, say, DVC. In Wyndham, where you own doesn't really matter, except in how much it costs you.

--------

This is a simplification, but for Wyndham points-based ownerships, there are two reservation periods. The first is the Advanced Reservation Priority window, or ARP. This lasts from 13 months prior to check in, until 10 months plus one day. During ARP, you can only reserve at the resort(s) at which you own. The second is the Standard window, which starts at 10 months prior to check in. During the Standard window, points are points, and you can book any available unit in the system no matter where you own.

So, suppose you want to check in for a vacation on February 17th, 2024. If you owned at Bonnet Creek, you can start booking that stay as early January 17th, 2023. If you own anywhere else, you can start booking that stay as early as April 17th, 2023. ARP seems like it might be important, but in practice it usually isn't.

In most Wyndham resorts, most times of year, ARP isn't really necessary for most reservations. There are some exceptions to this, but they are few and far between. For example, Clearwater during spring break, race week in Daytona, the two Myrtle Beach resorts that have low point charts during peak summer, etc. Bonnet Creek is not one of these exceptions. You can expect to be able to get a 1BR or 2BR at any time of year (and probably a 3BR most times of year) as long as you are willing to book promptly at ten months prior to check in. And, most of the time, you don't need to be nearly that early--as I wrote above, you can still book the two weeks around Easter, and those are barely three months from now. So, there is no particular need to own at Bonnet Creek to stay at Bonnet Creek, even if that's the only place you want to stay.

That means you could buy any Wyndham points ownership and use it at Bonnet. That's important for two reasons. The first reason is that the resort you own might be one at which ARP matters. For example, I own oceanfront at a Hawaii resort, and only someone who owns that view at that resort can book it during ARP. That view can be booked at 10 months, but it goes very very quickly once we get to that point, and it is nice not to have to worry about booking something right at midnight on the dot for a resort that we go back to regularly.

The second reason is more important: the fees per point are based on the costs of the underlying resort and its point chart structure. The per-point costs can vary WILDLY from place to place---by factors of two or more in some cases. Bonnet is near the middle. There are definitely more expensive places to own, but there are also places that are cheaper. And, because you don't particularly need to own Bonnet to stay there, you may as well own someplace that is less expensive.

(As an aside: If you are not regularly planning your vacations more than ten months in advance, ARP rights are completely useless. At ten months, points are points.)

The twist to this is that Wyndham has been sold in (at least) two different ways: the first is deeded ownership at a specific resort. The second is a "blended trust" product called Club Wyndham Access, or CWA. CWA owners do not own at any one resort. Instead, they own a small fraction of many many different resorts. So, CWA owners can book at any CWA resort (availability permitting) at 13 months, and any other resort starting at ten months. Not all resorts are part of CWA, and many that are were sold as both resort-specific and blended, with some inventory allocated to each. Bonnet Creek is one of those that has been sold both as a Bonnet Creek-specific ownership, and as part of CWA.

CWA is attractive because it has such broad privileges during ARP. But, it is also more expensive than many other ownership alternatives. On balance, it's probably about average--and it has to be, because its costs are the average across all of the underlying resorts in the trust. But most people don't need ARP at most resorts most of the time. So it may not be worth paying for, and it may be better to own at a less expensive location.
I’d also add to this that CWA annual dues are higher than Bonnet Creek annual dues (slightly). I recently was able to purchase a 252,000 bonnet creek contract (enough to book a week in a 2br in peak season, or two weeks in value season) on ebay for basically the cost of closing costs. I probably should have just held out ofr one of the resorts with cheaper maintenance fees. I don’t think CWA is worth it if you are primarily using it for Bonnet Creek.

Last edited:
I’d also add to this that CWA annual dues are higher than Bonnet Creek annual dues (slightly). I recently was able to purchase a 252,000 bonnet creek contract (enough to book a week in a 2br in peak season, or two weeks in value season) on ebay for basically the cost of closing costs. I probably should have just held out ofr one of the resorts with cheaper maintenance fees. I don’t think CWA is worth it if you are primarily using it for Bonnet Creek.
That's just it, I am currently monitoring resale pricing for Club Wyndham and while I could wait it out and watch and hope to get a property with lower annual fees, who knows how much more I will need to pay for it or how long I might have to wait. I primarily wouldn't be using it for WBC but would go there at times.

My late September reservation got cancelled today. I rented through Vacation Strategies for this trip and I received an email from them. I have stayed here many times and have rented through Vacation Strategies and also Vacation Upgrades and have never, ever had one issue. VS told me that Wyndham does this often at WBC. Since it's such a popular resort, Wyndham will cancel "Guest" reservations because they are focusing more on timeshare sales.

Fortunately, I was able to book Wyndham Reunion Resort through VS for the same days. I asked how I can be sure this one will not be cancelled as well. The guy at VS told me that Wyndham never cancels the Reunion reservations like they do the WBC reservations because it's not as popular. I certainly hope that's the case. We love WBC for the location so this is not ideal. Reunion is 20+ min away!

I am not happy about this! I made this reservation in April and my dates are not affected by the blockout dates. Sadly, I will never make a reservation at WBC again because I do not want this to repeat - I have learned my lesson. I hope this does not happen to anyone else.
This JUST happened to me too. Made the reservation w/ Vacation Strategy back in September for early March vacation. We booked a three BR Presidential for four adults. Paid in Full in December. Just received an email that "Wyndham cancelled the reservation" and I should call Vacation Strategy. The rep could not give me an adequate explanation. They offered the alternative of refund or Marriott Grand Vista. MGV looked too far from the bubble. We instead had to bite the bullet and pay more to stay at POR needing two rooms. We will receive a full refund from VS. This was still a stressful hour. Looking forward to some Beignets at POFQ and a boat to DS, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter