Wyoming extra day

clarabelle

<font color=green>Pandas don't seem to have much o
Hello!
I booked my ABD yesterday for Quest for the West. I asked about an extra day at the beginning and the ABD guide said they are not offering any extra days though ABD that we could call the Wort hotel directly and arrange it with them.

So my question is -how important do you think an extra day up front is with Wyoming? The main reason I was interested is to get some leeway with the airlines. We will be flying from GA and I wanted to allow times for kinks.
Since the extra day won't be though ABD we would also have to arrange our own transfer to the Wort from the Jackson Hole Airport.

Any thoughts?

Edited to add that we are going in June 2009

I would say very. There are not alot of daily flights going into Wyoming. We tried leaving the morning of the QUest for West tour. We were to arrive around 2pm, what we thought was well within what we needed. The great airlines made us misse our first flight. After much stress and pleading, we were booked on a later flight. However, we missed the welcoming dinner. The welcoming dinner is huge. It took us a whole day to figure out who people were. We were not the only ones, someone from the east coast missed the welcoming dinner as well.

So I think going the day before any guided tour is necessary and the airlines are worst today, then when we went in Aug 08.

I not sure how ABD allows some people to book the day before and some not allowed. I remember being told, I would have no pickup arriving early or staying late...

Thanks!!
I think you just affirmed what I had been thinking. Maybe the Wort can give us some suggestions on how to do the transfers.
We have plenty of time to work on it

Thanks!!
I think you just affirmed what I had been thinking. Maybe the Wort can give us some suggestions on how to do the transfers.
We have plenty of time to work on it
The worth will be able to assist. That is a top class hotel. We have thought about going back to the Worth and do a 3 or 4 day trip. They have their own packages.

We just booked for June 30th, and decided to call and get a reservation for the day ahead, because of possible airline delays. We don't think we can get there by 4:00pm either. The Worth told me that they had plenty of availabilty. I wonder why ABD doesn't make this available. it is a hassle to have to get your own transportation, when you are already paying for it. I love ABD, but do think this is an area for improvement. If you are not going to have early arrivals available, you are really putting people in a possible bind. You either have to pay twice for transportation from the airport to the hotel, or risk missing part of the tour. For something billed as this upscale, they need to do better than this.

I hate it that I am paying for transfers twice as well. But I am excited about the trip. We booked the June 23 one.
Did the hotel help you with transfers?
Thanks again for your replies.

Clarabelle,
I have not yet checked on transfers, because I am hoping, but not expecting, that ABD might agree to add a pre or post day. So, I will give ABD a little while to see if that happens. I know it was just the first day of 2009 when I booked, and hope they may work on the pre -days. I will post about transfers when/if I get to that point. I will probably wait until the New Year to work on it. I am also going to call ABD in a few weeks and see if they have possibly added a pre-day. Good luck, we may pass you at the airport. I am excited about this trip!

We did Quest for the West this past June. We arrived a day early. For us between the time change and altitude difference it was worth the effort. We also were very tight with the airline timing. We arranged an extra day with the Wort, and if you let them know you are w/ abd they will place you in the same room.
We arranged transportation thru All Trans 1-307-733-2707. It was cheaper than a taxi for a family of 4. They were very good. When we approached the baggage claim area our driver was there holding up a sign with our name, we pointed out our luggage and he took care of the rest. I can save you the effort, Disney will not pick up this cost. Do make sure and notify All trans that this will only be a one way pick up, because we accidentally got charged for round trip.
For those with teens I would almost mandate the extra day. Once you start with abd you get rolling early every morning. It was the one day to sleep in.:goodvibes

hi everyone
we are planning to book this for next year. I found this in the FAQ on the ABD site:

5) Can I extend my vacation beyond the Adventures by Disney itinerary?
Yes, you may stay in Wyoming before or after our itinerary. Extended stays are available at special rates if booked through Adventures by Disney Travel Services, Inc. in conjunction with a land package and cannot be combined with any other offer. Please contact a Concierge Agent for further information.

Thanks again everyone!!
Stacey -I asked and the ABD rep said they were NOT booking any extra days right now that I had to do it through the hotel itself.

Thanks Ears for the number!!
What did you do the extra first day?

Thanks again everyone!!
Stacey -I asked and the ABD rep said they were NOT booking any extra days right now that I had to do it through the hotel itself.

weird that they would put it out there.
Im not sure if we will book the extra day or not. We will prob have a large group going so we need to take a vote lol

I wonder if that was something from the 2008 season they didn't take off?
It certainly wouldn't hurt to ask-maybe they will change later?
Anyway -I would love to hear how you get on.
When are you going?

I wonder if that was something from the 2008 season they didn't take off?
It certainly wouldn't hurt to ask-maybe they will change later?
Anyway -I would love to hear how you get on.
When are you going?

yes I bet it is, because i know i saw that on there even before the 2009 rates were up.
We are planning to go late august :woohoo:

We have done 3 abd trips (to europe) and always come in a day early. ABD booked the early day and provided transfers each time.
When I booked our 2009 adventure, the agent said that early days were not being booked YET and that I should call again in a week or so to add it. So I don't know if the policy has changed or not.
Perhaps with so many new adventures, there are a lot more new agents who aren't completely aware of everything yet.
Call back next week ( I will ) and ask again.

Our extra day we went on the alpine slide and scenic chairlift. There is wonderful group called Teton science school which offers animal viewing excursions which got rave reviews from people we talked to in the lobby. The only problem is they go on sunrise and sunset tours. The day we arrived we could not have stayed awake for the sunset, and we really needed to sleep in that first morning.

There is wonderful group called Teton science school which offers animal viewing excursions which got rave reviews from people we talked t

They douple charged me! Still have not received credit. Many other operaters will do the same for half the price/

My TA said the the pre and post days were not in the ABD computer yet but she was to check back. Hmmmm....

I think I will wait to the new year and see if they have added extra days and if not I will go directly through the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter