X-MEN: THE ANIMATED SERIES Revival X-MEN '97 Coming To Disney+

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-me...-and-returning-cast-members-a189568#gs.fp9etj
The Wrap has confirmed that X-Men: The Animated Series is officially getting a revival on Disney+ with a tentative return date for the beloved TV show scheduled for sometime in 2023. Titled X-Men '97, we're going to pick up where the original FOX series left off, with some returning cast members and quite a few new additions (it was probably inevitable that not everyone would be back).

Among those returning are Cal Dodd (Wolverine), Lenore Zann (Rogue), George Buza (Beast), Adrian Hough (Nightcrawler), Christopher Britton (Mr. Sinister), Catherine Disher (Jean Grey), Chris Potter (Gambit), Alison Sealy-Smith (Storm), and Alyson Court (Jubilee).

New voices will include Jennifer Hale, Anniwaa Buachie, Ray Chase, Matthew Waterson, JP Karliak, Holly Chou, Jeff Bennett, and AJ LoCascio, and we're assuming they'll be delivering their takes on familiar characters and perhaps even a few additions who weren't part of the show the first time around.

Beau DeMayo will serve as Head Writer and executive producer on X-Men '97, while Jake Castorena and Charley Feldman have been tapped as supervising director and supervising producer respectively. Don't fret, though as X-Men: The Animated Series writers Eric and Julia Lewald and director Larry Houston will all return to the beloved property in consultant roles.

X-Men: The Animated Series ran from 1992 to 1997, and went a long way in helping to bring the characters to the big screen. It's remained popular ever since, so this is exciting news for fans!

That was such a great animated series - back when the X-Men were cool. It's too bad the caomics have destoryed all love I ever had for them. 😐

True, the last season was a little rough and the finale was disapointing.

The animation company changed. I own the DVDs up until the change.

I struggle with Chris Potter now as Gambit. He sounds totally different now. At the time he did X-MEN animated, he was working on Kung Fu the Legend Continues. He even sounds different when he did the Good Witch movies. Now, he's a regular on Heartland, and he sounds a whole lot different.

Anyway, this show was firmly Jim Lee's X-MEN. It's very 90s.

I'd leave it alone, rather than try to recreate what made it so great in the 90s.

I guess, I'm sick of remakes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter