• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

X-Pass Roll Out ?

DougEMG

DIS Veteran
DVC Gold
Earlier this year Disney was testing out a system to allow one to reserve 4 fastpasses a day before arriving at the parks. Anyone have any idea when that is going to actually be rolled out?

No one knows anything yet. Disney's been tight lipped on the matter.

There's speculation about it, but that's all it is right now. (And nothing about timeframe)

The test was limited to 4 - there is no reason to believe that it is how the system will actually work. It was more to test the impact on the rest of the system, whether guests understood it, were able to utilize it, etc.

Earlier this year Disney was testing out a system to allow one to reserve 4 fastpasses a day before arriving at the parks. Anyone have any idea when that is going to actually be rolled out?

I wouldn't look for it (if it comes to pass - doubt that it will be called Xpass) before 2014. A LOT of other systems have to be implemented first and most of those will not be online before late 2013. Some are just now in the beginning stages and will take a long time to be in place, sorted out and debugged before embarking on other enhancements, at least in the MK.

When we were at BCV in June, they changed our resort lock to the RFID chip card on our last park day. They said we were the first room on WDW property to get the change, and what they said was a 5 minute job, ended up to be an hour, and they had me cut a ribbon and all. Kinda neat. While we were waiting, I did ask about the new fp system if this was part of it, and the lady didn't deny, or confirm anything, she just shook her head, smiled and said we'd have to see. Was awesome to be part of that, she send us balloons, pictures, and a white chocolate mickey with tuxedo strawberries, and a chocolate gift basket, so that was really cool. We got that after we went to the parks and came back for a friend's birthday dinner.

How fun, looks like you were the first room and at BLT we were the last one...by they time they got to us it really was a 5 minute change out!

they are testing again with people using Magical Express I believe so it seems they are getting quite close. Add to that the free wi fi in the parks, new mobile app, and X-Pass machines showing up at HM and IaSW, it could be quite soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter