Xmas - NYE week 2021 - predictions?

vassar36

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip between Xmas - NYE (12/24-1/1) for the end of this year.
We have been in previous years (2019,2018) but left before NYE.

I know everything is different now, but what do folks think it will be like this year.
Do you think we will be able to park hop? Will fast passes be back? and if we have a reservation for the MK on Xmas day, do you think they will let in people to full pre-COVID capacity or will it actually be less crowded?
Do you think the parades & nighttime shows will be back with fireworks etc?
Will the Xmas eve/NYE parties and activities at the resorts be running again?

TIA

I think that capacity limits will still be in effect, though they may be higher then right now. I also think that there will be fireworks and some parades, but not like they used to be, you will probably have to be COVID separated along the parade view and may even need to reserve a spot. You can park hop now, so that will be in place. Not sure about fast passes. I will be there Christmas week also.

Purely speculation on my point for the purpose of conversation:

Park Hopping - yes, but still limited to current restrictions ( meaning after 2p )
Fast Passes - I don't think these will be back until after the parks are at least 75% capacity. Could we be there by December? I don't think it's impossible.
Pre-Covid Capacity - I think we are still a ways away from 100% capacity allowed. Maybe by Spring Break 2022.
Parades - I think we are still a ways away from this too. But the cavalcades are a nice alternative.
Fireworks - I think it's entirely possible for fireworks for Christmas and New Years Eve. I wouldn't expect Happily Ever After but the unannounced fireworks seems to be working so far.
MVMCP and NY Eve Activities - Disney hasn't said much on this front. MNSSHP would typically be announced within the next few weeks and I think that event will drive the bus for the other. If MNSSHP happens in some capacity then MVMCP will too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter