Xmas Party or day trip?

Anabelletoronto

Mouseketeer
We have one day. December 9th. Sunday. Crowd predictors for MK are 3-4 low crowds. Probably because there is a party that night.

That’s my other choice - go to the party.
I want to try the party because it’s differnet and last year we never saw any fireworks because ....
My daughter likes to sleep. She doesn’t stay up at the best of times. She could definitely make it until 10pm but even the rest of my party may not make it much longer than that.

We want to meet some characters but it’s not a huge need. Princess would be enough. We want to ride some rides for sure.

My favourite thing from last year was the parade.

If you genuinely believe that members of your party are going to hit the wall at 10 o'clock. then I would not do the party.

If you genuinely believe that members of your party are going to hit the wall at 10 o'clock. then I would not do the party.

Agreed. Even though you can get in at 4:00, if you're leaving at 10, then you're only getting 3 hours of actual party time. Plus, the fireworks don't start until 10, so will you be able to stay and watch?

We have one day. December 9th. Sunday. Crowd predictors for MK are 3-4 low crowds. Probably because there is a party that night.

That’s my other choice - go to the party.
I want to try the party because it’s differnet and last year we never saw any fireworks because ....
My daughter likes to sleep. She doesn’t stay up at the best of times. She could definitely make it until 10pm but even the rest of my party may not make it much longer than that.

We want to meet some characters but it’s not a huge need. Princess would be enough. We want to ride some rides for sure.

My favourite thing from last year was the parade.
I think you should try the party solo. Let the rest of the people you are with go back to the hotel. That way you can satisfy your curiosity, see the special parade, meet some characters, have hot cocoa and snickerdoodles, and tell everyone about it in the morning.

I agree with the others. If you don't think you will make it much past 10 pm, I think it's going to be a waste. Why not plan on going for the day, seeing Festival of Fantasy and then, perhaps having dinner at one of the monorail resorts? You could see the fireworks from there and then head back to your resort to go to sleep.

We did both last Christmas and definitely enjoyed our pre-4pm time at MK more than the party. The park was EMPTY before 4pm and everything was a walk-on. We walked right up to the festival of fantasy parade on main street and there were probably less than 50 people there. It was heaven.

The party, in contrast, was wall-to-wall people. Rides still did not have much of a wait, but the parade and fireworks were soooo crowded, and the lines to meet characters were absurd. Especially with WDW upping the party capacity this year for the Halloween party, I'd go with the daytime visit if I were you.

Personally, I would do a Daytime visit. Our Halloween party was sold out and it was so crowded we couldn’t find a single place to stand and see the fireworks. Attraction lines were very long as well, an hour for SDMT and SM all night long, which in my opinion is too high for a hard ticket party. The second parade was just as crowded as the first and the crowd never thinned out, even after 11pm. From 10pm on people with crying, exhausted small children were everywhere. It was a huge disappointment due to overcrowding and high wait times.

We had done parties in the past and really enjoyed them. Things have changed.

Thanks everyone. I think the day may work out best. I also like the idea of dinner in the park area. Maybe Disney springs - we have never been there.

Thanks everyone. I think the day may work out best. I also like the idea of dinner in the park area. Maybe Disney springs - we have never been there.

Just so you're aware, the PP suggesting dinner "in the park area" meant resorts around Magic Kingdom like Grand Floridian, Contemporary, Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge. Disney Springs is lovely at Christmas time and has a lot to see and MANY more restaurants to choose from, BUT you will NOT see any fireworks at Disney Springs. It's too far away from the parks to see anything like that.

Just so you're aware, the PP suggesting dinner "in the park area" meant resorts around Magic Kingdom like Grand Floridian, Contemporary, Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge. Disney Springs is lovely at Christmas time and has a lot to see and MANY more restaurants to choose from, BUT you will NOT see any fireworks at Disney Springs. It's too far away from the parks to see anything like that.
Thanks. We will debate it.

If you want to see characters and do rides, you can do that any other day. The fireworks and parade are both special....so if there's a chance your family might be too tired to wait for the fireworks, I wouldn't bother. The tickets arent cheap!

If you want to see characters and do rides, you can do that any other day. The fireworks and parade are both special....so if there's a chance your family might be too tired to wait for the fireworks, I wouldn't bother. The tickets arent cheap!
The day tickets are actually more $$$. 122 for the day or 109 for the wnight for my day.
But I still think the day makes the most sense. We are morning people. :)

The day tickets are actually more $$$. 122 for the day or 109 for the wnight for my day.
But I still think the day makes the most sense. We are morning people. :)
Hello fellow Torontonian. :wave2:
Im a morning person too. And quite honestly, in your situation, i'd skip the party. I personally don't think its worth the money (esp if there's a chance your group might not make it for the fireworks). Either way, hope you have a lovely trip. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter