XXL At Waterparks

KELLMILL

Mouseketeer
:confused3 Everyone in our family is extra large. Some of the rides at the waterpark are 4people round floats. There is no way we can fit 4 of us in there. How does the ride operator handle this? I don't want my children to be embarrassed when we can't all fit in. I'm thinking about not riding so there would be 3 in the float and hopefully they would fit. I have seen a article called WDW at large but didn't find any info regarding the water park rides. Thanks for any help anyone can provide on past experiences.

Just tell 'em you'd like to have two floats with two people in each instead of all four in one.

Why not ride 2 and 2? How old are the children? If they are young then they can probably fit. You might be suprised. Good luck and have a fun trip!:cutie:

Last year we tried to ride 2 in a float at Blizzard Beach and the guy told us we had to have 4. So we ended up all trying to get in, which was awful and embarrassing.

Well not everyone travels with a party of four, so when you get up there and they ask you how many in your party, say two. Ditto for the other two. There is no reason for anyone to be hesitant or embarrassed anywhere...especially at Disney World. Have fun!

Another time, only 2 of us tried to ride and they put 2 more people with us, which the other 2 people were not happy. Thanks for all your help, my son is 14 years old and if he gets embarrassed it's the end of the world.

Two years ago me and my husband got on a ride at typhoon lagoon that was a family big raft but we got stuck and got bumped by several rafts, it was embarssing so we won't rides like this again maybe just two get in line at a time and then they will let you ride

you should try discussing your previous situation with guest services. They are usually very good about correcting problems and avoiding guest discomfort and embarrassment. Good luck, and I hope all goes well.

Im confused. How did they put more people in your raft? Ive been there at busy times and you walk up, they hand you the raft, you move on. If they happen to ask, how many, say 2. Then if they want to put more in, simply say, sorry no, just us 2 please. That should solve pretty much anything. Won't be a scene or anything, but the CMs aren't trained to argue with you so they in all likelihood wont, not to mention arguing with people at your job is a lot more difficult.

The family raft ride at Blizzard Beach is a minimum of 4 riders, so I'm guessing that's where you were when they put other people with you. It does seem like a strange policy to me, but they must have their reasons. If the 4 of you really won't fit, I think the only other choice is to tell them you're parties of 2, and they'll have you wait off to the side until there's another party of 2 which they'll put with you. Might just be better to skip it if that option bothers you. :goodvibes

You're so cute! I don't like the sad face on your post, though. Don't be embarrassed about who you are! Pull out that sense of humor when you march up to that ride! I'm going to BB in October with plenty of white flabby cellulite to share with the World! And guess what, I'm gonna have a blast!! :goodvibes

P.S. with regards to that 14-year-old son: I dance around in my bathing suit in front of my 2 boys singing "Don't cha wish your mama was hot like me!?" and "I like big butts and I cannot lie!" Why not give that a shot? It will help him reevaluate what is really embarrassing! :banana:

At TL there is only ONE slide like that, and it's very short so I would just skip it.

Aww, don't be embarrassed about things like that. No one else should even be paying attention to you, and if they are they need to get a life and enjoy their own vacation. I would just go and have fun...I always end up getting turned around inside the tubes in my little raft so I am going backwards...no idea how it happens and it embarrassed me the first time but then I just figured no one really cared so I did it again (and it kept happening, but that is another story)

the family raft ride at blizzard beach shouldnt be an issue if you want just 2 people to ride it....just tell them you would prefer 2 people at a time. last time i went there were only 2 of us. and it just worked out dumb like that the 5 guys went in one and us 2 girls went and no-1 tried to add anybody and no-1 said a word to us :confused3 unless the policy has changed since then...

We are a family of slightly large people and we have never had any problem splitting up the family into smaller groups to ride any of the family raft rides. Just be assertive and insist on the family being divided. Have FUN.:cool1:

the family raft ride at blizzard beach shouldnt be an issue if you want just 2 people to ride it....just tell them you would prefer 2 people at a time. last time i went there were only 2 of us. and it just worked out dumb like that the 5 guys went in one and us 2 girls went and no-1 tried to add anybody and no-1 said a word to us :confused3 unless the policy has changed since then...

At Blizzard Beach, there's a sign clearly stating a minimum of 4 people and when we were there earlier this month they were definitely enforcing it. I can't remember from past years if this rule was in place, but we're usually a family of 4 so it's not an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter