XYRON machine?

flyerfan22

Earning My Ears
I'm new to scrapbooking, and I keep seeing people mention a Xyron machine - what exactly is it and what is it used for?
I've seen it in stores too, for $150!! From reading the box, it sounds like it makes stickers out of die cuts, or laminates things. Is there anything else to it?

Does anyone use it to scrapbook? How? Does it make brochures and newspaper clippings safe to put in your scrapbook?

Any suggestions/ideas would be appreciated.

I justed started scrapbooking last year and the Xyron 850 is one of my favorite tools. It can make anything into a sticker. You can also buy refill cartridges for laminating, as well as magnets. It is acid-free, which is what you need to use in your scrapbook. Michael's sells them, usually around $150. I got mine on sale for $97 with two cartridges. If you have Michael's by you, you can use the 40% coupon that comes in their circular. One cartridge lasts a long time. Like I said, it is a great little machine, I love it.

They also have smaller sizes, if you don't think you would need 8 1/2 by 11. I love playing with mine. I actually use the magnet more than the sticker for my daughter!;)

I've heard they work great as a vellum adhesive. Is that true? Anyone know? I love the look of vellum, but it is sure hard to work with.

MerryPoppins:

The Xyron is the BEST vellum adhesive, IMHO. :)

I have the Xyron 850 and the Xyron 500, and they are awesome! The adhesive is absolutely invisible on vellum, and I've been using it like crazy. I also love the Xyron to back small punch pieces, die cuts, etc.

HTH!

I have the Xyron 500. It is small and it only makes things into stickers- it does not do magnets or lamination. I bought it on sale at Michael's for $19.95 when they had it 50% off.

I like running paper through it, then making punchies out of the stickered paper. It is so much easier sticking them on the page that way than glueing each little punchie, especailly ones like the spiral, which I use all the time.

Toryn

I have the 850 and love it! Makes it really easy for the kids to do scrapbook with me.

I bought mine from QVC when they had a craft day. Total was $114 shipped and it came with two cartridges and a how to video. Bought extra cartridges at Michaels with the 40% coupon.

I have the Xyron 500 which only does stickers. It's one of my favorite tools for scrapping or rubberstamping. You can now get removable adhesive in addition to permanent. The Xyron 510 is new and can make magnets and lamintate, but the refills are more expensive. I usually get refills at Michael's with their 40% off coupons. These two hold items up to 5 inches wide. The 850 and 1250 hold wider items, but are much more expensive. QVC usually has the best price on the big models during the Creative Keepsakes hours. The next one is July1. I strongly recommend the Xyron.

Mary

Well, I finally bought the Xyron 850, and so far, so good. I've been using the pre-loaded lamination sheets, and laminating everything - my ps listing, maps, etc. I also found a Xyron group on Yahoo groups.

and am thinking of making a border for my bathroom using B and W photo copies and the xyron.....woo hooo picture it, Disney photos on the border, then you make transfers and iron them on your shower curtain. Also intend to use a punch to make a filmstrip trim for around the border.....not cheap...but doesnt it sound awesome.

cindy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter