yachstman wedding menu

inloveindisney

DIS Veteran
I was under the impression that the Yachtsman worked with a wedding without additional expense. I guess I was wrong. I called them to do a special wedding menu and they informed me that it was 65.00 a person and it includes appetizer, salad and dessert with a choice of some entree's. Which, really isn't bad, but with my party, that comes to 1404.00 (inc. tip) Our parents are splitting it, which would make it 700.00 for each of them. I feel bad about that. I think that is a lot to ask of them.
I think we will probably just go with the regular menu. It seems like it would be a lot cheaper. We were going with dinner because we thought it would be a lot cheaper than a dessert party, but it is not turning out that way.
Any thoughts? Am I being crazy? :confused3

I think the prices are about right for the amount of food your getting. You might wanna check deb's site for the menu. We went in November, as an informal tasting, and spoke to the manager about doing the wedding "reception" there. They gave us I think 4 menus that they standardly use, in varying prices, they also said we could tweek them slightly. Each one had the appetizer, salad, entree, and dessert, all with either family style for appetizers and desserts or with a choice. I think for that amount of food that the $65 is quite reasonable, figuring that you are getting filet minion, and shrimp cocktails, or something comperable. I can't see having the regular menu, if it's going to work out about the same either way. Are you going to tell your guests that they are welcome to have what they like as long as they don't have an appetizer, or dessert, because that's about the only way I can see you saving money, unless everyone only wants chicken or pasta. Just a thought, hope this helps.
Melissa

We had our wedding dinner there. There was 11 of us and we had a full menu minus the lobster and prime steak. There were no prices on the menu and guest could have whatever they wanted. The menu had our names and the date on it. I think the bill was around $850 plus tip. Everyone loved it and raved about the food!

YEs! that is what I was thinking it would be. A menu where I pick what I want included. How did you get that?

I just talked via email with one of the managers there. My EM gave me the contact. She sent me the current menu and I just took off a few items that we didn't want to offer. We also asked for the prices to be left off the menu. They printed up the custom menu and had our names on it.

iv never understood why people serve desert then the cake. Who can eat all that food and then want cake. Is this improper to not serve dessert? Id rather let my guests have a bigger slice of cake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter