• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yacht Club CL or Boardwalk CL - need some great advice!!

Dizneydawn

One Road Trip Away From A STRAIGHT JACKET! Wanna
DVC Gold
We are going to Disney in October for a couples getaway and wondering what CL resort is best.

Would prefer to stay either Yacht Club CL or Boardwalk CL right now due to proximity of Epcot.

Have stayed at Boardwalk in the Inn side as well as DVC side numerous times. Never stayed at Y&B at all. I know the pool is glorious.

Plans are to enjoy the amenities most of the time at the resort - 1 day at Epcot and one night at MNSSHP. Our friends are staying at Boardwalk so we will be doing a night at Jellyrolls as well.

Really wondering about food at each location - we are not seafood fans and worried that might play into a lot of Yacht Club offerings.

Please give any advice! Thanks!

Dawn :goodvibes

We are going to Disney in October for a couples getaway and wondering what CL resort is best.

Would prefer to stay either Yacht Club CL or Boardwalk CL right now due to proximity of Epcot.

Really wondering about food at each location - we are not seafood fans and worried that might play into a lot of Yacht Club offerings.

I have stayed club level at many Disney resorts (including both YC and BWI) on several occasions. Although I can't imagine picking one resort over the other due to the offerings in the lounge (since those are an added benefit for me and not something I really rely on), I can assure you that the YC CL does not have an overabundance of seafood related offerings in the lounge, so you don't need to worry about that.

Both YC and BWI have great club level service. I like the BW lounge itself better, as it is larger than the one at YC. I prefer the YC club level, because it is on a separate floor from the rest of the resort (and is not just a wing behind a key card access door, as is the case at BWI). The two resorts (and BC) share an itinerary planning office, so the pre-trip service will be great no matter which you choose. Overall, both are great and you can't really go wrong with either one.

I would go with the Boardwalk because in my opinion they have a much better theme, atmosphere and more to do especially at night.

We stayed BWI CL last June and it was WONDEFUL. I couldn't have been happier...This summer we are trying YC CL for Storm Along Bay pool...if you have kids I would try it for this reason, else I would stick with BWI.

I would go with the Boardwalk because in my opinion they have a much better theme, atmosphere and more to do especially at night.

I would go with the YC because in my opinion they have a much better theme, atmosphere, SAB, and they are only a couple of minutes on foot away from the "more to do especially at night." :goodvibes

To the op; I enjoyed our stay at the YC in concierge. The service was excellent, yes the club room is a bit small but it by no means is usually crowded. They do have a nice spread each night, there is plenty of beer, wine, cordials, and softdrinks as well. And you will not have to worry about a heavy dose of seafood; however, the clam chowder they had one evening was very good.

P.S. CR Resort 4 ,I say this in fun; I knew you would say that about your least favorite themed resort in the YC, kind of like me when it comes to Le'Cellier. :lmao:

There was just a trip report about the Yacht Club cl posted on the live trip reports. It is by the Murphys. They just stayed there last week, posted pix, and got to see the newly redone lounge. I know the food in the lounge was discussed.

I agree, especially for a couples trip. Plus, I believe the lounge at BWI is much larger and has a great view of the Lake and Boardwalk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter