Yacht Club Gazebo or Sea Breeze Point?

rumrunnergirl

DIS Veteran
I booked the Yacht Club but am now think that maybe we should do Sea Breeze Point. Any place to get more pics to help me decide? What do you think? Thanks!

here's some photos of SBP (our location..so im biased lol)

fun15copy.jpg

IMG_0083copy.jpg

IMG_0082copy.jpg

Have a look at orangetiggs sneak peek thread. She was at the WP, but there are other sneak peeks for other ceremonies, and I noticed some were of the gazebo, not sure about SBP though...

Well, since I was a YC bride, I would have to vote for that. I liked the look of the back drop for photos. I liked SBP, but didn't like that the "big fish" of the Dolphin was in the back ground of most photos. Maybe just a personal quirk, but it was enough to turn me off from it. Aside from that, I think it is lovely as well. Another perk for the YC was that the gazebo has a ceiling fan. Since we got married in August, it was a definate plus !

Sorry for the different sizes, I just quickly grabbed some out of photobucket ! But these might give you some more ideas.

ST03008-1-07-1.jpg

ST08648-1-07.jpg

ST06788-1-07.jpg

Vows.jpg

resizedShelli_Tony_016.jpg

I was all about SBP, but now the photos of YC make me think YC as well. Which one is the one that is supposed to be New Englandy? (I just made New England an adjective - ooohhh geekiness!! :rotfl: ) And which one is near Epcot?

I agree! Decisions, decisions!

I was all about SBP, but now the photos of YC make me think YC as well. Which one is the one that is supposed to be New Englandy? (I just made New England an adjective - ooohhh geekiness!! :rotfl: ) And which one is near Epcot?

I think YCG is more "New Englandy", and both are near Epcot. They are just across the lake from each other. YCG also has some beach area if you want beach photos. Let me upload some to photo bucket and I will post.

ST11368-1-07.jpg

ST04288-1-07.jpg

(Please give credit for all but a couple of my photos to Randy Chapman of Chapman Photography)

I think YCG is more "New Englandy", and both are near Epcot. They are just across the lake from each other. YCG also has some beach area if you want beach photos. Let me upload some to photo bucket and I will post.

Thank you muchly! I have a call set up tomorrow to talk to a WP from DFTW, and this will help out greatly. I think I've actually wanted YC, but thought SBP was the New England one. Both my DF and I are born and raised New Englanders (He was born in New Hampshire, myself in Massachusetts and we live in Maine). Having it at the NE one would be a bit of home. :goodvibes

Glad I could help. Hopefully I didn't confuse you more :confused3 . If you have any other questions or want more photos let me know. You may need to pm me since I haven't been able to get on here as much lately as I would like !

Here are some pics that I took at my planning session. Sea Breeze Point is so much more beautiful in person than in the pictures!!!!

PlanningSession216-1.jpg

PlanningSession213.jpg

PlanningSession211.jpg

PlanningSession210.jpg

PlanningSession215.jpg

and here are pictures the florist provided

SBP.jpg

SeaBreezePoint1.jpg

SeaBreezePointDECORATED.jpg

HTH! :thumbsup2

One other thing that you might want to consider is the time of year and number of guests you are having.

If your wedding is in the summer months, your guests will have to sit outside in the sun at the YC Gazebo. There is only room for the bride and groom inside the structure.

At SBP, there is room for the ceremony AND all the guests to be seated in the shade under the structure. SBP is much bigger.

YCG here

what i LOVe about either location...you can walk around the yacht & beach club/swan & dolphin & boardwalk area for pictures!!!

scan0001.jpg

scan0022.jpg

scan0018.jpg

scan0008.jpg

scan0006-1.jpg

scan0008-1.jpg

I liked SBP, but didn't like that the "big fish" of the Dolphin was in the back ground of most photos. Maybe just a personal quirk, but it was enough to turn me off from it.

I'm with you. I've noticed how in the Disney-provided photos of SBP they do their best to angle the Hideous Monstrosity, er, I mean, the Dolphin out of the frame, but it IS difficult because the thing is so dang big! :lmao:

Did you feel 'overlooked' at all at the YCG though?

as i said before, im a little biased, but i do want to point out that the big 'fish' is not as big as some make it seem. I've gone and taken plenty of photos of SBP myself, without trying to 'cover up the monstrosity' and it has never stood out in my photos. Even in Toni's photos above (the ones she took) you dont see it. So its really not as bad as its being made out to be. I've visited SBP countless times and have never even noticed it until it was pointed out on this thread, and i HATE the swan and dolphin resorts (whole other story lol)

Did you feel 'overlooked' at all at the YCG though?[/quote]

I didn't even notice during the ceremony if anyone was looking or not. I was so wrapped up in my hubby and the ceremony. After we got all our photos back I only noticed a couple of people up high in the balconies that could easily be cropped out.

Again, we got married August 1st and no one complained about sitting in the sun, though I will agree about the covered area of SBP. The ceremony isn't that long and the tables for the "reception" were in the shade.

If you can avoid the "fish" in your photos, SBP is beautiful too.

So many choices........ good luck choosing the site best for you.

as i said before, im a little biased, but i do want to point out that the big 'fish' is not as big as some make it seem. I've gone and taken plenty of photos of SBP myself, without trying to 'cover up the monstrosity' and it has never stood out in my photos. Even in Toni's photos above (the ones she took) you dont see it. So its really not as bad as its being made out to be. I've visited SBP countless times and have never even noticed it until it was pointed out on this thread, and i HATE the swan and dolphin resorts (whole other story lol)

Yeah I agree with you Meg! SBP is gorgeous. I'm looking through all my wedding pics and I don't notice it.

It depends on what you want and how many guests..both locations are beautiful but SBP was more my style.

I talked to my WC today! Yay! And I said YC... but that could change! I'm reading some trippies from SBP to see what they all thought. I'll make up my mind someday :rotfl:

Thanks for posting all the pictures - they were all gorgeous! :thumbsup2

SBP is very very pretty. And in my Disney bridal fantasies (I'm such a nerd :blush: ) I have considered it as a location. It's only my unnatural distaste for the Swan and Dolphin (I used to work there :guilty: , shhh, don't tell anybody) that has prevented me from liking it as much as I want to. This is a unique situation so I totally understand that it's not a big deal for other people.

Whatever you choose I'm sure you'll love it. It's not about what's in the background, it's about the luuuurve. :love: :cloud9: :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter