Yachtmans Steakhouse or Artist Point for wedding night?

FutureAshleyDukes

DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>Hot dog, I love tha
DH2B and I are trying to decide between the two restaurants for our "reception." We are going to try Yachtmens Steakhouse this May, but really have no plans for dining at Artist Point during our trip.

We are staying at the Grand for our honeymoon, so Artist Point has the location factor. Plus we are hoping to book the Grand 1 for a fireworks cruise. pixiedust: Narcoosee's is out, for DH2B wasn't too crazy about their menu. Also our wedding is on a Monday, so Citricos isn't an option either.

Have any other intimate brides hosted their dinners at either of these restaurants? What were your experiences?

Thank you!
Ashley

We had our 'reception' at Yachtsman. They bent over backwards for us, and couldn't have been more wonderful if they tried. Mom and I went down about a year before the wedding as a 'planning trip' and ate there. We told the waiter we were there to check them out as a possible reception for my intimate. He immediatly went and got us the manager (Paul) who brought over sample menus they've done in the past for brides, as well as answered all of our questions, and gave us his card. Our waiter (Bill), then came back with wine suggestions, as well as suggestions of faves off the menu. He was so good, that we requested him for our wedding, and they were able to switch him with another waiter to make it happen for us. On the wedding day, they set us up in a private room all at one table, we had 12 people total, and that's about all that would fit comfortably, the way the set it up. We had the bakery make us a second cake, which they had waiting in the corner when we arrived, and they happily served it for us, when we were ready. As you can see I can't rave enough about them. We contacted Paul several times in the planning, and he was always very friendly and helpful. He made sure our dinner went perfectly. We even had special menus with our names and the date, and with menu items we requested without prices. We even had a special on for our kids menu even though there was only one child there. They were very professional, and made us feel very special. I even got a congratulations from the butcher in the fridge, as I walked by on the way to the ladies room, where else but Disney.

We did eat at Artist Pointe on our honeymoon, and the food was very good and the waiter was very nice. But I don't know anything about how they do 'receptions'.

Hope this helps.

Melissa

Wow, thanks MelMel. I really like the idea of personalized menus. Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter