Yachtsman for Intimate Reception

starseed

hooked
Hello! :wave2:

We are now officially within our 180-day mark before arriving at Disney, and I made most of our ADRs yesterday morning. :goodvibes

I reserved the Yachtsman for the ten of us for our wedding "reception" and then called the restaurant this afternoon to see about getting the "private" room they have.

I spoke to one of the managers who told me that we cannot reserve the "private" room because we would have to at least be a party of 16. He said that there is no way that we could have the room, even if there are no other larger reservations made - in case there are larger groups who are walk-ins. So when I asked him if there was any possibility AT ALL and he said there is NO WAY.

I'm not crazy about sitting in the middle of a dining room with other tables all around us for our wedding dinner. And on top of that, he wasn't overly helpful or friendly, either. :confused3

Can anyone shed light on whether I honestly have no other recourse but to accept sitting in the main dining room? Or does anyone have any recommendations on how it might be possible to get that semi-private area?

I might be back to square one and have to figure out another option for our wedding reception. Mainly because I felt as though we will be treated like just another table - during one of the most important celebration of our lives. Any thoughts?

TIA!

sorry to hear your having issues. are you getting married at the yc gazebo? i have another venue idea though there's a small private room/chefs table at citricos at the grand floridian, it fits 12. best of luck with everything.

citcd4.gif

twojo21 said:
sorry to hear your having issues. are you getting married at the yc gazebo? i have another venue idea though there's a small private room/chefs table at citricos at the grand floridian, it fits 12. best of luck with everything.

citcd4.gif

I LOVE IT! Thank you, thank you! Do you know if there is a Food and Beverage minimum for that room?

:cheer2:

not that im aware of, just call grand floridian & ask for citricos. hope this works out for you.

Thanks again. I just called and made a ressie for Citricos' Chef's Domain. :joker:

Funny how things work out... Citricos was my first choice at the beginning of our planning!

There is a Food and Beverage minimum of $650.

Holy Cow!!!! :scared1: I just realized we're within 180 days too :faint:

Am I within the time period to go ahead and make our ressies for CRT???

sajetto said:
Holy Cow!!!! :scared1: I just realized we're within 180 days too :faint:

Am I within the time period to go ahead and make our ressies for CRT???

We are arriving on January 16th and the CM said that we could make ADRs for the 16th and for ten days following our arrival date!

I would call ASAP for CRT! Good luck!!

Our wedding was last week and we had our dinner in the Chef's Domain and Citrico's and I will tell you it was nothing short of fabulous. The service, the food, the ambience, it was all perfect. And a great way to end a fabulous wedding day!! You won't be disappointed!! :thumbsup2

IHeartWayne said:
Our wedding was last week and we had our dinner in the Chef's Domain and Citrico's and I will tell you it was nothing short of fabulous. The service, the food, the ambience, it was all perfect. And a great way to end a fabulous wedding day!! You won't be disappointed!! :thumbsup2

CONGRATULATIONS!! I hope your big day was everything you dreamed of and more. :cheer2:

Did you make any special requests with Citricos? ie - Menus without prices?? I'd appreciate anything you can share!

:joker:

Thanks for your kind wishes -- our day was perfect!!

I didn't even think to ask for special menus (without prices) but I am sure they would do that. They did have special menus printed up for us that said "congratulations" across the top with a picture of Mickey and Minnie in bridal attire and a set of wedding bands. I thought this was awesome especially since I didn't ask for it.

On your day...be sure to check out the electronic marquees posted around the GF for a special announcement of your wedding dinner at Citrico's. I thought that was another nice touch that I wasn't expecting!!

All the best...
-Beth

PS - One of these days soon, I will get around to posting a full trip report!!

I love hearing of the perfect wedding day! :cloud9:

That's great to know that they did the personalized menu without you even asking. And a great tip to have an eye out for the marquee announcement. That's definitely something I never would've thought to look for.

YAY! I love trip reports!! Can't wait to read it.

Before we changed our reception location to V&A's private room, we had booked the Chef's Domain at Citricos. The manager there (at the time -2002) was more than willing to accommodate our request for menus without prices.
Cheers!
Heather W

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter