Yachtsman or Raglan Road?

medman1025

Earning My Ears
Happy Thanksgiving! To those who have been to both...we are going to MVMCP 12/14, and wondering which to eat at beforehand. We're eating at almost every other signature restaurant this trip, and Yacht won't start til 5pm whereas Raglan will be more like 3pm and we can get to MVMCP earlier. That said, is Yachtsman a must-do or substantially better than Raglan? If so, that's cool - just want opinions. Thanks a lot!

No comparison between the two really. YSH is a steak house and Raglan Rd. is not.

Depends upon what your personal preference is for. If you are concerned about time, then go with Raglan Road, allowing for the distance to travel to MK.

If you are using Disney transport, you will find it easier to access MK by using a resort bus, which will drop you off at the gate, negating the need to transfer at TTC.

If you're already going to almost every other signature restaurant, I don't think you'll miss the Yachtsman. I would choose Raglan Road so that you can get to the party earlier.

Yachtsman will take 90-120 minutes and no, I don't think it's good enough to miss the begInning of the party.

do you plan on going back? Do you plan on going back during the holidays? Do you plan on getting the deluxe dining plan again (I assume you are on it since you are going to all the signatures). If this is your only chance to do the Yachtsman and you go every year during christmas I would do the yachtsman. If not then get to the party and do Raglan Road (although I prefer Rose and Crown and then you can take the monorail to MK instead of multiple busses for what its worth)

There's really no comparison between RR & YSH. One is a pub-type dining experience (RR) and the other is fine dining. We would pick YSH every time.

These are two of my favorite restaurants for totally different reasons!

I would not suggest you get to the party late which is what will happen with a 5:00 ADR at Yachtsmen. So as much as I enjoy it, between the time issue and the fact you have many other two ts under your belt, I'd go with Ragland Road.

After RR, I'd take the bus to the CR and then just walk to the Magic Kingdom.

I do have to say, one of the big draws for Ragland Road is the dancers which I don't think will be performing that early. So to throw another wrench in your plans, I'd do a restaurant inside the MK. If you want one that is low key, tasty and not hard to make an ADR at, I'd suggest the Plaza Inn. Great sandwiches, burgers and desserts. Also we enjoy Tony's very much. I'd probably be inclinded to book a late lunch/early dinner at 4:00ish so that you can get in with your party ticket, eat and be right in the park in plenty of time. For what you pay for party tickets, I would never put a meal over one minute of my party time!

We are going to MVMCP on 12/14 and we are eating at RR at 315. I think that will give us plenty of time to get to the party. We also love Raglan Road. It is a must do on every trip. We have alo eaten at YS and whule I loved the Filet nobody else in our party enjoyed their meal so we do not have it planned for this vacation.

Yachtsman has hit the 3 strikes and you're out for us. We will not be back. It is a beautiful restaurant with great service but the food just was not good.
We enjoy Raglan Road very much and will return again this year.
I agree with the plan for an early dinner and then taking the bus to the CR and walking to the MK.
Have a Great Trip.

Another vote for Raglan Road - good food, good service, and if you look at the menu, it's not just run-of-the-mill pub food as others have suggested. We're not huge fans of the Yachtsman Steakhouse. Sure, it's steak, but it's not outstanding. If you are really, really crazy about steakhouses, I'd say go to the Yachtsman, but if you feel, as I do, that they can be a big "blah," then Raglan Road is your better bet.
Cheers!
Heather W

There's really no comparison between RR & YSH. One is a pub-type dining experience (RR) and the other is fine dining. We would pick YSH every time.

I would agree with the comparison which is why we would pick RR everytime. To each his own.:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter