Yachtsman Steak House/ Portobello Yacht Club/ Shula's?

caribbeanme

Where the humuhumunukunukuapu'a go swimmin' by..
Which one would you choose? Have you had a particularly bad experience at either one? This is for our last dinner at Disney, and we'd like it to be a nice end to a great trip...

Thanks a bunch!
~:sunny:

We stopped going to YSH a few years ago. We noe prefer Shula's. The last time we were there the staff was indifferent, the food OK-not GREAT as on past visits. For the money, Shula's gives a better meal and in all honesty is not really more expensive then YSH.

We've had bad experiences at both.

That said, the Yachtsman bottomed out a couple years ago, and is now rebounding. We're dining there ina couple months.

The Portabello was a bad experience, but we chock most of it to terrible service, and we'll go back.

Bottom line, do you want steak or pasta?

Anne

I have done Portabello several times. I find it excellent. Service is good and the food is nice. A little overpriced, but it is Disney LOL!

Portabello is run by the Levy Group out of Chicago and they generally do a good job.

thanks for all your advice! i'm still a bit torn-- we're doing italian twice already this trip, so perhaps it would be best to do yachtsman, or shula's. is shula's very formal?

Haven't done Portabello's.

Did Shula's and Yachtsmans on my last trip. Yachtsman was very good, more of a 'family' type place than Shula's.

Shula's is the best. Definitely my favorite eatery at wdw. It is not 'formal' so much as 'adult'. The food and service were topnotch. It's definitely the most expensive choice, but well worht it.

Portobello was "blah" the last time we went, so I have no desire to go back.

Just did Yachtsman a couple months ago and it was a lovely meal - will definitely go back.

Haven't done Shula's at WDW, but I do like the one around where I live.

Does Shula's take PS? I read somewhere that the Swan & Dolphin do not take PS...

I have PS for Yatchsman for our Anniversary, but now I am leaning towards Shula...

What do you all think?

Thanks!:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter