• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yachtsman Steakhouse Dining Plan Question

So this is on the UK Disney Board http://www.disboards.com/threads/surcharges-on-the-ddp.3535997/ "Signature Restaurants require the redemption of two waiter service meals per guest. Items on the menu that exceed $40.00 ($75.00 in Signature Restaurants) may not be available for a Disney Dining Plan Table Service meal without payment of a surcharge."

http://www.disneyholidays.co.uk/walt-disney-world/dining-plans/ On the bottom of the page under things to remember. Odd that its not on the US page but just throwing this out there. I dont use the DDP but thought this was an interesting discussion.

Wow!...That's way over priced for a Wagyu..Even for Disney prices..Ive had it a few times in Europe and also where I live in Scotland..The Kobe cattle from Japan are fed on saki and massaged daily ( not a wind up ) ..I worked as a chef and served the Wagyu to guests at a Scottish country hotel many a time..It has a lovely marble effect and you should be able to cut it with your fork, it's that tender, and it does taste fantastic...Fingers X that CG still have it on their menu, without a supplement...lol...

Wow!...That's way over priced for a Wagyu..Even for Disney prices..Ive had it a few times in Europe and also where I live in Scotland..The Kobe cattle from Japan are fed on saki and massaged daily ( not a wind up ) ..I worked as a chef and served the Wagyu to guests at a Scottish country hotel many a time..It has a lovely marble effect and you should be able to cut it with your fork, it's that tender, and it does taste fantastic...Fingers X that CG still have it on their menu, without a supplement...lol...
they have american wagyu which is a cross breed. I don't think they live on sake and get massages either! but it is "only" $58 so no supplement. even at victoria and alberts the japanese wagyu costs extra.

they have american wagyu which is a cross breed. I don't think they live on sake and get massages either! but it is "only" $58 so no supplement. even at victoria and alberts the japanese wagyu costs extra.
That will do me..There's a farm in Aberdeen ( highlands ) Scotland, that also breeds the cattle, which is where we got ours from..

K, the whole talk of restrictions to the dining plans worries me. I don't want to order the wagyu, but I also don't want to be surprised at the restaurant with other changes. I called the hotline. I know there will be lots of different information given out but this was what I was told. Take with a grain of salt...there are no restrictions to the ddp, she specifically looked up the yachtsman. They also asked a supervisor and they looked it up. They read the policy, no restrictions.

Telephone CM's, even supervisors, are notorious for giving misinformation.
The DDP Brochure clearly states that some items may require credits and a Surcharge.

It doesn't worry me at all. I would prefer to see additional things available on the menu for those who choose to order them, at a surcharge.

Telephone CM's, even supervisors, are notorious for giving misinformation.
The DDP Brochure clearly states that some items may require credits and a Surcharge.

It doesn't worry me at all. I would prefer to see additional things available on the menu for those who choose to order them, at a surcharge.
Agreed. The DDP does peg the value at a certain price. I don't have a problem paying more to order something at a much higher price point than what I am paying for on the plan. This should free up restaurants to do what they want and not feel constrained by what the DDP pays them.

What about side dishes? After checking out their menu, it seems the entrees do not come with sides. Do you receive on side if you're on the DDP or are those extra out of pocket costs?

What about side dishes? After checking out their menu, it seems the entrees do not come with sides. Do you receive on side if you're on the DDP or are those extra out of pocket costs?

You only get what comes with the entree you choose. Side dishes will be LARGE and easily shared, but they will be an OOP expense.

Steaks almost all come with some sort of side, typically a potato dish. I believe the entrees will come with some sort of side, at least items like lamb and chicken should. The items listed as "sides" on the menu are not included on the dining plan. You would have to pay extra for those, but as others have mentioned the sides are large enough to share (at least for two people). You'll receive a free bread service, and of course desserts are included. We plan on eating there in November.

At all the restaurants you get everything that is included in the description of the entree. For Yachtsman it looks like most of the steaks come with a potato side, but any other side dishes are farther down on the menu in a separate category called "Sides"that have a separate price point so if you want any of those it would be out of pocket.

$148?????????????????.......I have zero idea what kind of food that is, but I never want to be in a position in my life were i am OK spending that on any food item....yowza!!!

I don't understand. You never want to be in a position in your life that it's ok to spend big money on a food item. I hope I could afford this kind of food everyday that means I'm rich. But I wouldn't buy it now that's a lot of money for one meal for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter