Yachtsman Steakhouse over Cali Grill or Narcoossee's?

LeeAnn

DIS Veteran
Yachtsman Steakhouse, California Grill and Narcoossee's are 2TC on the Dining Plan.

I have been to Narcoossee's 4 times. Love it. Family was happy the Stark and Lobster was back. Enjoy the fireworks by the waters.

Been to California Grill twice. Love the view. And the fireworks. Of coarse the food.

Never been to Yachtsman Steakhouse. Now will be staying at Yacht Club. Thought may be time to try.

How would rank those three restaurants?
For Food?
Atmosphere?
Fireworks?
Value?

I don't eat seafood but my family does. Will they miss it at Yachtsman Steakhouse?
How are the steaks? Which has the best?

This is a tough one. We have dined at all three and while all were good, Yachtsmens left the worst taste in our mouth. They do have seafood and the steak's are great. However, our service was horrible and the scallops appetizer I got were not cleaned properly and still had a sandy gritty texture. We also never got refills on our drinks and after the entrees were delivered to the table we never even saw our server again.

On a good note, we really liked the steaks better than any we have had on property. Way better than Le Cellier I would hope our experience was just a fluke and we would still go back given the right circumstances.

I have been to all three. All around, California Grill is the best when factoring food, atmosphere, etc. That said, my steak at Yachstman was probably the best thing I have every eaten. If you want an excellent steak on the dinning plan, Yachstman is the place to go. Though, in my opinion, you cannot go wrong at any of these restaurants. They are all excellent.

Narcoossees 1st, California Grill 2nd. I dont plan on going back to Yachtsman for a few more years it was a 3 strikes and done restaurant for us a couple years ago.

As you can see you will get a wide range of opinions. We have never had a bad meal at Yachtsman, and service has always been good. I have given California Grill multiple chances and just do not like the food at all, although we have always had good service. Narcoossee's we tried once and had horrible food and service, plus I did not like the set up of the restaurant at all, so we are not keen to return any time soon.

When was the last time you visited Cali Grill? We went in January 2018, and the food (across the board), was so salty we could only eat a couple bites. It was... beyond awful. The general consensus I have seen sense is that the quality of the food has declined, and it has been mentioned as very salty now by folks who visited in the past.

That said, we loved Jiko’s.... have you been there?

Narcoosees would be my vote. It's always our best meal at WDW. We ate at yachtsman a few years ago and honestly wasn't our favorite.

We have ate at all the signature dining restaurants, minus Monsieur Paul, and our favorites are Yahtmans and Le Cellier. Our least favorite would probably be Narcoosees. The food was decent, but I think what hurt that place the most for us was our waitress. Kinda just killed the experience.

Funny how everyone’s taste is different. Many here don’t like Le Cellier, but we love it. The fillet and risotto are delicious...

When was the last time you visited Cali Grill? We went in January 2018, and the food (across the board), was so salty we could only eat a couple bites. It was... beyond awful. The general consensus I have seen sense is that the quality of the food has declined, and it has been mentioned as very salty now by folks who visited in the past.

That said, we loved Jiko’s.... have you been there?
We ate at CA Grill the last week of January and it was excellent. Definitely not too salty,

The Yachtsman is fantastic IMO. You owe it to yourself to experience it.

You start with some of the best bread served at WDW restaurants. Yeast rolls, onion rolls and roasted garlic. So good.

The steaks are perfection, and they allow you to pick any side with your entree, of which I recommend the truffled mac & cheese. Divine.

In terms of fireworks, if Illuminations is at 9:00, try to get your ADR for 6:30 if you’re on the Deluxe Plan. You will need close to 2 1/2 hours to have 3 courses there. If you don’t have park tickets, the view from the bridge between the Y&B Clubs and the Boardwalk is decent and only a few steps away. :)

Love California Grill. Narcoossees was okay, but didn't wow us. Haven't been to Yatchsmans.
If you haven't been to Yatchsmans, that would be my choice to try something new.
Its on our list of places we still need to try.

California Grill gets my vote. It is the restaurant we always dine at the last night of our trip every single time. So far, it’s always been perfect in every way. I love the steaks there, the service is great & it’s a meal we always look forward too.

California Grill & Artist Point tie for first place for our favorite signature restaurant.

Narcoossee’s has been bumped off our repeat list for others we like better. I’m allergic to shellfish so that limits the menu more for me there. The last time we dined there I disliked my meal so we decided to try Jiko the following trip instead.

Yachtsman was a try it two times & both times we left not really liking the food. So we have never gone back to give it another chance.

Been to all 3... Yachtsman has the best/most consistent food IMO out of the noted options. There are no fireworks views or anything like that, but I feel too often Cali Grill and Narcoosee’s are given the ok to slide on quality because of their respective views. We’ve had good, bad, and mediocre at those meals with a view, so I’d opt for Yachtsman. I don’t think their raved about truffle mac & cheese is all that, but the steaks we’ve had there were so much better than our entrees at the others. Cali Grill has some great sushi and flatbreads/pizzas, but in a handful of visits, I have yet to have a decent entree there.

We've been to all three - have never had a bad meal at Yachtsman, I just prefer the food and atmosphere at California Grill. Narcoosee's has been just okay for us.

I loved Yachtsman's and really love Narcoosee's also. CG is my least favorite of the 3 but for no particular reason. I've had good meals and service at all 3. I'd give YS a try if you are staying there and have never eaten there.

I have a family of dedicated carnivores, so it'd be YS for our group. If you're not ordering steaks, probably choose one of the other two places for the view fireworks views.

CG for the best ambiance, service, and food.

YS - very good steak, very good service, meh on other dishes and ambiance.

Have not been to Narcoossee's.

For steak? Yachtsman. I really love Narcoosses and we go often, but if you have never been to YSH, give it a try. The food and service has always been stellar.

I would take Narcoosees off the table ... we had a horrible (and very expensive!) experience there last year and will not bother again. Between Yachtsman and California Grill I would go with California Grill but only for the view and ambience. We live in a great restaurant city and can get a wonderful steak anytime ... but truthfully the food is probably a little better at Yachtsman ... just not the same "Disney" atmosphere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter