• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yachtsman Steakhouse - Possible Reception

LuvLuvLuv

DIS Veteran
Hello. My family is coming into town this weekend and I wanted to run a few ideas past them (even though we have lots of time, lol). The Yachtsman Steakhouse is our "place". I'm assuming there is a large group menu to pick from for receptions. I was hoping one of you DisBrides would be kind enough to help me out and post it or send it to me! This will make or break our idea of the YS reception or having it elsewhere. We're not really looking to dance and make speeches, etc. We would love to have an amazing dinner for everyone instead. Any help would be great!!

We're looking for somewhere between 25 and 50 guests, depending who can make it.

You're all always so helpful and I appreciate it :)

If you are looking for a private meal, you have to do it before something like 3:30 pm (if you want the restaurant to yourself anyway) and you order off the catering menus.

I believe there is a private area for dinner, but I have no idea how many people it fits.

Yachtsman Steakhouse does have a semi-private area where they put larger parties, but it only holds 16. With that large a group, you would be required to make a reservation for the first or last seating (5:30pm or 9pm...ish) and they cannot guarantee that you will all sit together. However, I'm sure if you opened a dialog with the manager, he would keep an eye out for you guys and make things go smoothly. You can also talk to him about getting personalized menus and setting up the tables a certain way, or even having flowers and favors delivered by the Disney Florist.

Yachtsman's direct line is 407-934-3818. To book your reservation, you'll need to call Group Dining at 407-938-0300.

Parties of 21 or more are required to order off the large-group menu, starting at $70/person. Here's a sample menu I was sent earlier this year:

YachtsmanPrivateMenu.jpg

We were offered the yachtsman steakhouse earlier this year for a private lunch reception you had to be finished by 3pm and could use any catered menus. The only problem is the Disney Event Group had rules about moving furniture around for a reception.

you girls are amazing as always. i'm very flexible, but am glad i have this information so i can move things around in my head... it may actually make it cheaper :) we've had personalized menus there before, and an absolutely amazing experience with them. we have an ADR there our last night of our november trip so we may talk to the manager. like i said, we have time... and i'm sure things will change here and there... but i need a decent idea of cost and how things will run that day :)

thanks for all your help:)

if you ever go there... ask for oscar.... he's the best!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter