Yachtsman Steakhouse

We'll be eating there on our honeymoon in October! We picked it for similar reasons - we're staying at Beach Club, wanted 1 fancy meal during the week, and DF doesn't need to be convinced to visit a restaurant that has 'Steak' in it's name :thumbsup2 I'm excited!

Elphie, congrats!!! That's so wonderful!!! I can't wait to hear about your amazing honeymoon in WDW!

sephorachick said:
my review & pics for YSH:

Yachtsmen Steakhouse- http://yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blo...se-review.html

Mouthwatering photos!!!

We loved YS for many years, but we kind of gave it up a few years ago. Last visit there we had a strange little man for a server who giggled a lot and got kind of giddy when we ordered.:confused3 He was trying to be nice, but it was just sort of strange.

We're thinking of trying it again next trip. :earsboy:

We had dinner at the Yachtsman on 8/6 and were very disappointed :( Our server was great. Very attentive. But the food was incredibly salty. The lobster bisque on its own was salty, then they added a parmesan crisp to the top which made it almost inedible. I ordered the Land Salad and was literally crunching on salt crystals. Our steaks were cooked perfectly but again, way too salty.

I think I will skip YM next time and try a steak at Flying Fish or go back to Le Cellier.

That was my issue the past 2 times at Yacthsman. Everything was way too salty.

Just to say we had a great meal at YS last night. Service was excellent-very thoughtful and attentive especially for the kids. Enjoyed the rolls, the shrimp to start and the rib eye was very very good. No issue with salt for me although my husband had the bisque which was slightly salty but he liked it like that. So too was his twice cooked potato but he loved his meal. Creme brûlée was so good. I would recommend this restaurant.

Out of the 5 meals we've had there, only 1 wasn't great.
Our food was cold and DFi porterhouse was mostly fat. But our server was great though which saved the night for us. We are going back in October.

I agree with you trying it for yourself. I've been to Yachtsman 3 times, first two times had the porterhouse and strip steaks and thought the meal was just okay and would have hesitated recommending it.

We went again this past week and I ordered the Filet Mignon (which is my favorite cut of meat anyway) and it was PHENOMENAL. Better than LeCellier IMO. Yachtsman turned out to be the best meal of our trip. Our waiter David was amazing too, he knew his stuff and was very friendly.

Point being, ya never know, but its definitely worth trying!;)

Have had a great steak at The Yachtsman four times that I've visited. Even as a solo, service was great. I've had the NY Strip and the Filet. Liked my meal better than my one visit to Le Cellier which was rushed at a less than desirable table placement.

I also had a great steak at The Flying Fish.

Yachtsman, along with Flying Fish & Citricos are my current group of favorites among the signatures.

We've dine there twice so far this year (we have at least 1 more meal there set this fall) & each time, it is amazing.

We went YM last year in Dec and really enjoyed it! The rib eye was very good and DD24 really enjoyed her strip steak, as well as the truffle mac and cheese which was awesome!

We were going again this year, and now that we've just added a day to our trip to arrive on Thanksgiving day, we were able to grab a ressie that evening! Now, I'm not sure whether to get the Turkey dinner they are serving, or the steak I was planning on!

Speaking of which - the filet vs. the rib eye? What do you think?

Also wondering if they will price the thanksgiving dinner as at 2 signature restaurant price(though paying oop).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter