• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yak & Yeti- easy get?

Moose66

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...
Looking at Yak & Yeti for dinner ADR. Does it book up fast?

Y&Y can be a very challenging ADR, especially for dinner. Often at 60 days, the official closing time for AK isn't set yet, so they often don't go late with dinner reservations at Y&Y until that's finalized a few weeks out. We love Y&Y, and what we've done is spent a few dollars (I want to say $20) to join the Landry's Club (the owners of Y&Y). When you are a member and have the card, you can call Y&Y directly and make an ADR through the club. Landry's members are also the only 'walk-ups' they allow - we've done it a couple times where we walked up, put our name in, and had a table 20-45 minutes later. It depends how important dining there is to you!!

It was difficult when we were there in Dec of 2021 when we tried to book it at 60 days for the 3rd day of our vacation.....however it was readily available to book on day 8 of our stay. I guess what I am saying is try to book the more difficult ADR's further into your stay and you may find availability, especially if you are staying more than a week.

One thing we've noticed about Yak and Yeti is that it doesn't always show up when you do the full list of restaurants. The ADR system sometimes cuts off the restaurants at the bottom of the list. If you go into the Yak and Yeti page in the MDE app or on the MDE website availability shows up.

I've had good luck snagging Yak and Yeti using a reservation finder service in the past - often just a day or two ahead of time. Things open up as people firm up their plans.

Maybe I was lucky, but I got our reservation for 6:45 pm on the first try at 60 days - it was day 4 of our stay. I made that reservation first. This was last week.

We’ve gotten Y&Y multiple times either day before or day of. Though of course YMMV.

We must be extra lucky, we’ve always been ble to book Y&Y, and we generally go with a party of 5. I signed up with Landry’s as a backup plan but haven’t needed to use it.

In the past I’ve called rainforest cafe outside of the Disney dining reservation page and been able to make a reservation without even putting a credit card down. This would be when Disney wouldn’t have no reservations showing. Yak and yeti is a landrys restaurant like rainforest. I haven’t tried but I wonder if doing the same thing is possible?

Also as stated above the Landry card will get you in if you buy that.

In the past I’ve called rainforest cafe outside of the Disney dining reservation page and been able to make a reservation without even putting a credit card down. This would be when Disney wouldn’t have no reservations showing. Yak and yeti is a landrys restaurant like rainforest. I haven’t tried but I wonder if doing the same thing is possible?

Also as stated above the Landry card will get you in if you buy that.
If you have a Landry's membership, you can call Y&Y directly for a reservation (if available) or walk-up day-of.

As other posters have mentioned, I suggest getting a Landry's card. If you know you want to eat at Y&Y, this is the way to go. The card costs $25, and you get a $25 credit on your first meal. So unless you intend to go to Y&Y and spend less than $25, there's no reason not to get this card. The fee is a onetime thing. We've been using our card for years and paid the fee only once. You also get some kind of credit during your birthday month.

You don't have to worry about a reservation. You can just walk up to the front desk at Y&Y, show your Landry's card, and they will put you on a wait list. I've never waited more than maybe 20 minutes (on a crazy-busy day there) for a table and usually it's more like 10 minutes.

Yes, I'm also a Landrys member, and we were at WDW on a crazy busy week (Spring break) with people waiting everywhere. We got in late on a Saturday and went to Disney Springs with no dinner reservations. Everything was a 2.5 - 3 hour wait. T Rex was 3 hours, and I said, "I hate to do this, but I'm a Landrys member". He said, "how about 15 minutes"?

I was not able to get it. I was trying on our first night there. Would have been able to if I tried later in the week. Decided to give Jiko a try.

Looking at Yak & Yeti for dinner ADR. Does it book up fast?
Always check week off. A quick check just now for dinner tonight party of 6 Y&Y was available at 4:45. People last minute drop all the time. Lots of things available. Be our Guest, Akershaus, 50s Prime time, etc

That's supposed to read, check week OF

Last edited:
Get the Landry's card as suggested by other posters. We've had one for years and have always been able to get in quickly with no reservation. We've also used the card at Rainforest. Priority seating is available for up to 6 - I don't have experience with trying to use it for more than 6.

Can you call and make a reservation with your Landry’s card? I hate to count on walk up being available.

Can you call and make a reservation with your Landry’s card? I hate to count on walk up being available.
Yes, you can call the restaurant directly. They'll only take reservations from Landry's members 60 days (or less) out. The number: 407-824-9384. We've found it best to call late morning (10:30AM-11:00AM), or mid-afternoon, to avoid their busiest times, since you're calling the actual restaurant. Although, to be honest, once their day starts, they're pretty busy all day! If you know when you want to dine there, you might consider a 60-day Disney ADR first. If that's not going to work for your planning, then call and see what they have available for you! Love this restaurant - worth the effort!!

From my experience, walk-up is always available if you have a Landry's card. We have never been turned away and, at worst, have had to wait maybe 20 minutes for a table. Usually it's more like a 5- or 10-minute wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter