Yak & yeti is it really that good?

BeachMouse1

DIS Veteran
I haven’t been to Yak & Yeti in many many years. I always hear great things about it. Last trip I ordered ribs from the to go part and I wasn’t impressed. I made an ADR for our upcoming trip should I keep it?

I haven’t been to Yak & Yeti in many many years. I always hear great things about it. Last trip I ordered ribs from the to go part and I wasn’t impressed. I made an ADR for our upcoming trip should I keep it?
I was also not impressed. I like their walk up QS near the restaurant because it’s QS so I’m not expecting an amazing meal (but it’s unique so I like it). The sit down restaurant, I would not return to

It's fine if you keep it simple. I would not order ribs there. We get burgers, honey chicken, and the stir fry noodle dish, along with something like egg rolls for an appetizer. It's decent. It's not going to blow you away, but it's a nice break in some AC.

I think it's....fine?

It has a pretty large menu, so your experience may vary greatly depending upon what you order.

Ate there with my family last summer, and while I was not overly impressed, two others in my party thought it was really good. That said, it didn't make the list of places we wanted to repeat when we were planning for this year's trip.

It's one of favorites at AK. Everyone has something they like and it is a great break in the summer heat.

Their garlic noodles are really good and my DH loves the seared tuna salad. They also have some fun drinks.

Finding a place that 5 people like is challenging for us, so maybe that's why 😂

It's one of my family's favorites. The Ahi Tuna Nachos are so good we get them every time. The Bhaktapur (sp?) Duck is a big hit with my son, and the rest of us have had everything from spring rolls to burgers and always enjoyed them.

We're also Landry's Select Club members (costs $25 or so to sign up, but you get a welcome credit in the same amount to use the first time you go to a Landry's restaurant, so it cancels out), and appreciate the "priority seating" that comes with it. Knowing we can get a walk-up table at Yak & Yeti (or Rainforest Cafe if we wanted, which is also Landry's-owned) with minimal wait, adds tons of flexibility to our Animal Kingdom days.

Nice atmosphere, good drink options. Yesterday we enjoyed the Tuna nachos but our entrees were very poor (Chicken Tikka Masala and Honey Chicken). It reminded me of Skipper Canteen but I really love the Chicken dish there. We won't rush back for >$100 after tip.

The QS has nothing to do in terms of food with the restaurant.

Three words: ahi tuna nachos. Also love the fried green beans and don’t get me started on the fried wonton dessert!

Only a couple must do restaurants at Disney for me… gotten fairly jaded over the years. Yak and Yeti is a must do.

But be warned: every restaurant that is a must do for some is “dog food”, a waste of money, unimpressive, etc. to others. You know your families tastes. Give it a try and decide for yourself.

I will add, I have it from an unimpeachable source that it is also a must do for Neil Patrick Harris’ and family when he does CP. Just sayin’ lol

I wasn’t impressed at all. IMHO it’s worth taking a bus to AKL and going to Boma instea!

Three words: ahi tuna nachos. Also love the fried green beans and don’t get me started on the fried wonton dessert!

Only a couple must do restaurants at Disney for me… gotten fairly jaded over the years. Yak and Yeti is a must do.

But be warned: every restaurant that is a must do for some is “dog food”, a waste of money, unimpressive, etc. to others. You know your families tastes. Give it a try and decide for yourself.

I will add, I have it from an unimpeachable source that it is also a must do for Neil Patrick Harris’ and family when he does CP. Just sayin’ lol
Ahi Tuna Nachos!!! I've ordered those the last 2 visits.

I live in an excellent food city, and it's not somewhere I would go if it weren't in a theme park. It's better than most of the Disney food, which is a low bar.

I actually think the Skipper Canteen menu is more adventurous and executed better.

But we have split the giant, decent noodle dish to get some AC.

We've eaten here several times and then we had dinner at Tiffin's during our most recent trip and we definitely prefer Yak & Yeti. We thought Tiffin's was fine but overpriced whereas we've always had a great meal at Y&Y. If you order chicken then maybe you'll be disappointed but if you like Asian-themed food then I believe you'll enjoy it. Most negative reviews appear to be from folks that have 'fear of food' (anything exotic or different than what they're used to) so I would approach it with an open mind, or just go to a QS restaurant if you're more comfortable with chicken nuggets and fries.

Thanks quick question I want to go for the Ahi Tuna nachos! I heard such good things about them. However my wife can’t eat them, allergies. I see it’s meant for 2 people. Would it be a nice meal for just me or too much

Thanks quick question I want to go for the Ahi Tuna nachos! I heard such good things about them. However my wife can’t eat them, allergies. I see it’s meant for 2 people. Would it be a nice meal for just me or too much
I think it makes a perfect entree for one and that is how I order it… with a nice relaxing beverage lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter