Yak & yeti is it really that good?

We went on our last trip in November 2022. DW and I had been before and remembered it fondly even though we had gone back to Disney World multiple times and not returned to Yak & Yeti. There was just always something new to try and we rarely have dinner in AK, and typically save table service meals for dinnertime.

On our trip last year it was just...fine, as some others have put it. It wasn't bad, but it didn't strike us as being anything special or worth changing our normal plans for. I am sure that during some future trip, if we happen to be planning to be in AK at dinner time, we will try it again but we are in no rush at all.

I haven’t been to Yak & Yeti in many many years. I always hear great things about it. Last trip I ordered ribs from the to go part and I wasn’t impressed. I made an ADR for our upcoming trip should I keep it?

Yak and Yeti quick service was the worst food we've had at Animal Kingdom. We gave it a second chance this year with other dishes because they never have a crazy line, and it was again awful. They have no line for a reason.

Y&Y TS was good years ago. As of the past 5-6 years or about it changed a lot for the worse. Gave it 2 chances last was in the time frame as above Before that we went most trips . I will say if stay in the lower menu it is ok but really nothing different then any chain place that has the same. There just are not a lot of air conditioned places at AK so maybe why this place gets such great reviews I would much rather eat at flame tree and never found it hot in the covered areas still great but last year they started using smaller chickens 😂 and smaller ribs but still plenty for one person In the past was hard to finish for us.

We have been multiple times. Our last experience, the food was still good, but not at the level of previous trips. Not sure if it was a one off or if that is their new normal. For us, still a good place to dine.

My younger daughter asked for it this coming trip. It’s nothing special but we have food allergies and last time the chef was able to make sweet potato fries as a side. My kids are allergic to potatoes but sweet potatoes are a different food family and are fine (We usually have to pick green beans or another green as a side sub). Those sweet potato fries were the highlight of her trip.

It's one we do every trip. Its not going to be the most amazing meal you've ever had, but we enjoy it. Saying that, I love the duck there. Out of 4 weeks food in Orlando last year, it was in my top 5 meals. Plus getting $25 off with the laundry birthday points it makes it a reasonable meal for us.

We loved it! I had the Korean beef from the Wok and it was great.....I forget what my Wife had but she she loved it. We will be going back.

In the last six months we've eaten at Yak & Yeti, Tiffins, Flame Tree, Tusker House, and Satuli Canteen. Of all of those, Y&Y was our least favorite despite trying to land an ADR there for so long. The restaurant was chaotic and our server made poor choices (I'm sure other servers were great.) The chicken tikka masala was so-so compared to what we get at home but the firecracker shrimp was outstanding if you go. Tiffins and Flame Tree are our go-to favorites but we were very surprised at the Tusker House character buffet. The food was actually quite good, the service was on par with Tiffins, and the restaurant was cheerful and energetic without descending into chaos. Luckily, Animal Kingdom has the best roster of restaurants at WDW. I think you can have a good time at any of those locations.

I’m allergic to fish, so my answer rules that out.
Our local PF Changes is similar or better for other entrees.
I like Nomad lounge much much better, and I love the dishes at Tusker House as well.

It's one of our family's favorites. We love "Chinese" food or American/Asian- whatever is correct/non-offensive.
We love that you can share multiple apps/entrees. Great location, great décor. Service and food quality have always been fine to excellent.

I haven’t been to Yak & Yeti in many many years. I always hear great things about it. Last trip I ordered ribs from the to go part and I wasn’t impressed. I made an ADR for our upcoming trip should I keep it?
I, like you, was not impressed. Heavy theming, yes, but it felt very commercialized like a TGIF or something not like a Disney restaurant.

Every restaurant at Disney has its lovers, haters, and those in between. Y&Y is one that's often brought up with love or hate. For us, it's been a must-do on Disney trips for many, many years. We've been excited by some new things on the menu in recent years - and love the options. The service, most trips, is top-notch. The only place we might seek out more than Y&Y for a mid-day meal is the Nomad Lounge at Tiffins. But we will always recommend Y&Y. And judging from how difficult it can be to get an ADR most trips, it's a very popular place. We usually need to take advantage of our Landry's membership to get a table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter