• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yak & Yeti opinions needed

RADOPT

DIS Veteran
We will be at WDW next month. We don’t have an adr at AK because I was planning to get the Landry card and eat here. Now I am second guessing. Is the food good or are there better QS? Thanks.

I've been here 4 times and have always enjoyed it. Have had the burger, seafood curry, and Tikka Masala (twice) and enjoyed them all. Also really liked the Dragon Roll appetizer, and the wonton dessert. I'd eat here again anytime.

It's a good, solid choice. While not earth shattering or unique in its various offerings, everything we've had has been tasty and the portions generous. We've eaten there 6 or 7 times, and are Landry card holders.

We really enjoy the food and go about every other trip.
Its gets moved back for us as we really like Satu'Li for lunch and Tiffins for dinner, so it must replace one of those.
Love the Dim Sum appetizer for 2, a great selection of their appetizers.

We ate there twice 2 weeks ago. We really like it. I love the garlic noodles and fire cracker shimp. My husband likes the burger and the steak. My DS17 got the ribs and he absolutely loved them. We also shared the dim sum basket and it's delicious. Yak n Yeti is a must do for us.
We didn't have an ADR for the 2nd time we went and the Landrys card got us in within 15 minutes.

We too love Yak and Yeti. Had two meals there when we were staying at CSR last August. It is already on our list now for next year. Food, atmosphere and service great. It is now one of our favourites.

Guess I am in the minority here but was there 3 weeks ago and HATED IT, hostess was as friendly as a heart attack, rude and the waiting room was so hot that it was steamy, literally in there, ugh... Service was good but the food was typical Laundrys cafeteria food, subpar, lukewarm and not that good, the noodle dish my wife ordered was cold, tasteless, the burger was a mess, like a backyard BBQ experiment gone bad and was a soggy messs, could not pick it up without destroying the bun it was that soggy and tasted as bad as it looked, the paper thin fries were ice cold when they arrived at the table and were rock hard. The appetizer was no better, Dim Sum Basket were rubbery, tasteless and just gross, my advise is to STAY AWAY Flametree BBQ was so much better ........

We will be at WDW next month. We don’t have an adr at AK because I was planning to get the Landry card and eat here. Now I am second guessing. Is the food good or are there better QS? Thanks.
We like Yak and Yeti a lot. And we dislike all the other Landry’s restaurants (including Rainforest Cafe at AK). At Yak and Yeti, we really liked the potstickers, firecracker shrimp, seafood curry, and, of course, fried wontons.

We love the yak and yeti! One of favorite ‘must do’ places to eat. We are Landry members but always make a reservation anyway and they seat us immediately. We usually order a whole bunch of appetizers and then share an entree or 2. Request to sit upstairs by the windows!:)

Guess I am in the minority here
Thanks, I have read a few bad reviews plus I was watching a YouTube by dreams and this made the worse list. I know there are lots that like it and some who don’t. I guess we will have to decide soon. Don’t want to get the Landry card if we are not going. There are so many good restaurants plus I really hate bad food.

Request to sit upstairs by the windows
Thanks for the tip.

it is soooooo good, been there several times, had the skirt steak/shrimp, ribs are so tender, and the bisen burgers are delish and i always get the cream cheese wonton w/pineapple skewers, yum yum!!

We like it. Generally we rate the food, service and atmosphere around a 3.5-4 out of 5, but the Landry's card making it a walk-in with no reservation on a crowded day or night shoots it up to a 4-4.5+ for us.
Wherever you go, RADOPT, sure hope you have a great time!
:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter