Yankee Candles

Miss Stitch

4271 miles (6873 km) from the Magic
I heard the guys (and gal) talking about candles on last weeks podcast and Pete said that Yankee Candles were the best. I live in the UK and love candles but have never seen anywhere here selling these. Yesterday I was in a small local town and I saw a Yankee Candle Store! I went inside and there was hundreds of different aromas, I was overwhelmed and didnt know which ones to choose:confused3.

What are your favourite Yankee Candle aromas? I will be going back next week to purchase a few and would like some advice on the best ones. There is nothing I dislike really but tend to lean towards fruity aromas.

Thanks in advance.

I had a yankee candle given to me as a gift from my secret santa and it is a gorgous red christmas eve 1.
I was meant to have picked up a few more when i was in the states over christmas.
I to would also be intrested to find out what aromas others like.

I LOVE Yankee Candles, and living in Massachusetts, I'm lucky enough to have them available at will. My favorites are:

Buttercream (smells like a vanilla cake..I always want to eat the candle)
Cherry Lemonade (I love this one in the summer)
Christmas Cookie (I love this one for Christmas..smells like cookies being baked in the oven)
Ocean Water (smells like the ocean)
Vanilla Cupcake (similar to buttercream)

I'm addicted to Yankee Candle!!! You're right - there are just too many scents, and it can be overwhelming! I tend to lean toward the fresh scents and right now my favorites are Cottage Breeze, Splash of Rain and Willow Breeze.

I started out getting myself a tart warmer so that I could try out a bunch of different scents before getting my favorites in the jars. I actually bought a package of something like 50 assorted tarts off of ebay - it was a great way to try them out.

Definitely Ocean Water. They also have a new one out Island Spa (it's a bit of a citrus scent). If you sign up at the website they send you a $10 coupon.

Thanks for your suggestions. I will write them all down before my shopping trip next week and sniff them all out!

I want to throw in my vote for buttercream, it smells so good it makes me hungry. My last pregnancy I use to light it and then send my husband to Publix to buy a pound if buttercream frosting!:rotfl:

There are so many great scents. When I am in MA I make a beeline for the Yankee Candle factory store.

I LOVE Yankee Candles, and living in Massachusetts, I'm lucky enough to have them available at will. My favorites are:

Buttercream (smells like a vanilla cake..I always want to eat the candle)
Cherry Lemonade (I love this one in the summer)
Christmas Cookie (I love this one for Christmas..smells like cookies being baked in the oven)
Ocean Water (smells like the ocean)
Vanilla Cupcake (similar to buttercream)

we must have the same taste because these are all my favorites too... and pumpkin pie!

Vanilla Lime! By far the best scented Yankee Candle ever. I couldn't really burn it during the holidays, too tropical-ish, but on your regular days, it smells clean, fresh with just a hint of sweetness. This is a 100% hit for Yankee.

If you like the smell of clean laundry or need to fool your husband into thinking you might be doing laundry, get Clean Cotton and burn it in your laundry/utility room.

During the holidays, Sparkling Pine was awesome!

My favorite is red apple wreath. It smells like the Christmas store in Downtown Disney.

Sage & Citrus is my all time favorite!! It's not sickly sweet like some of the candles can be but is calming and fresh smelling.

("This blend of earthy sage, luxurious talc, and lemon-lime creates a natural harmony.")
spacer.gif

I love Vanilla Caramel. I have gotten my compliments on the smell!

I'm addicted to Yankee Candle!!! You're right - there are just too many scents, and it can be overwhelming! I tend to lean toward the fresh scents and right now my favorites are Cottage Breeze, Splash of Rain and Willow Breeze.

I started out getting myself a tart warmer so that I could try out a bunch of different scents before getting my favorites in the jars. I actually bought a package of something like 50 assorted tarts off of ebay - it was a great way to try them out.

Ive checked on Ebay UK and there are lots of these available here too. I think I may try this first and have a little test of a few different ones before I take the plunge. I like the sound of the mackintosh apple one though mmmm

Ive checked on Ebay UK and there are lots of these available here too. I think I may try this first and have a little test of a few different ones before I take the plunge. I like the sound of the mackintosh apple one though mmmm

Tarts or even votives are a great way to test the scents out. Sometimes they sell variety packs of votives so maybe you can find one of those somewhere.

I love Hazelnut Coffee. I hate actual coffee, but it makes the house smell like something yummy is baking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter