• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yatch Club for reception?

jmmastra

Mouseketeer
Is anyone having or already had their reception at the Yatch Club? Any thoughts?
Thanks!

jmmastra said:
Is anyone having or already had their reception at the Yatch Club? Any thoughts?
Thanks!
How many are you having? Have you thought about using the convention services? they are great.
Disney Meetings link

Have a wonderful wedding and honeymoon

Ariel's is another option, located between the Yacht and Beach Clubs. It can accomodate up to 75 guests, I believe. It's really nice! I am having my reception there, so I am a little biased. I did not want a ballroom location for my reception, and this was a great alternative. One thing though, you have to have your meal served buffet style at Ariel's. I do not know if that matters to you. Good luck :)

Do you by any chance have any pictures? And now I am being very nosy but was the buffet cost friendly and did you get to choose?

Thanks!

Another poster posted this link http://www.tazfoto.com/webhtml/ariels.htm
This is a part of a photographer's site, so I hope it is OK to post the link. The pictures are great!

As for buffet prices, I am not sure yet b/c we are still pretty far away from our wedding. I know for receptions beginning before 2 pm, you must pay a minimum of $75 per guest for food and beverage costs. For receptions beginning after 2 pm, the minimum is $100 per guest. This is a Disney rule for all locations. I know we will get to choose what is on our buffet. We will see Yacht Club menus, and can adjust them from there. Have you gone to disneyweddings.com and played w/ wishbook? That may help you out :)

I think you should go for Ariels!...that's where i'm having mine!.lol. But it really is lovely!.
I was wondering at Ariels you don't have to have a dj do you?...cos i just wanted it for a reception...and not dancing.lol

Thanks for the link I really like Ariel's! I am getting married a month before you so I have already signed my contract and wondering how difficult it might be to change my reception location. Disney emailed me a bunch of Yatch Club menus so I have a general idea of what I want and the cost. I was just wondering if there was a different menu.

Are you also having your cocktail hour there? Is there a place to go outside? Sorry for all the questions. Disney doesn't always giving you all the answers.

Thanks again for the help!

Where do you have your reception booked currently? Is there a particular reason why you are changing?

I dont think it is too much of an issue to change, provided the space is still available etc. I was originally going to have mine at the Yacht Club and have now relocated to the Boardwalk as there is a big convention at the Yacht Club that week.

I am currently booked at the Yatch Club Asbury Hall. I am thinking about changing because I do not want the room to feel huge when there are only 44 people in it. Six of which are children. I was thinking about changing to a smaller location so we did not have that "tiny fish, big ocean" feeling

I felt the same so i switched to the Marvin Gardens rooms - actually a convention forced me out of the Asbury room but i worked out for the best.

The Marvin Gardens room is similar to the asbury in that the room can be split into 4 different rooms or different sizes etc. But it has lovelyy big windows, and is a warmer colour. It also has its own private patio area and rotunda area which gives you a bit more privacy!

we had our reception at ariels in march with 50 guests & our cocktail/prereception at marthas vineyard next store. its a beautiful location & we were very happy with everything there.

Well Ariels is out...DF is dead sent agains a buffet...men!
Has anyone looked at Boardwalk Inn, St. James Room and Patio?

we had a plated dinner at ariels.

unless im mistaken i believe marvin gardens is a ballroom at the boardwalk.

best of luck with your plans.

Hmmmm, my wedding coordinator said buffet only. Maybey they changed the menu recently?

I think both Marvin gardens and St. James are at the Boardwalk. St. James is 45 max and with my luck I will have 4 people I am not expecting be able to come making my count 48!!! That is why I am wondering about Marvin Gardens too.

Sorry......I will figure this out someday : )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter