• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yay for ADR's! Anyone know about custom cakes?

KatieBride

Earning My Ears
Yay!! I just did our ADR's today... GOSH :goofy: it was hard to get the exact dates and times we wanted, but we got all of the restaurants we wanted! We're going to Sci-Fi for lunch one day (where I've ALWAYS wanted to go since I was a little girl), Coral Reef for dinner, the Castle for dinner (I made sure to mention that it was our honeymoon), and Jiko for dinner. I didn't make a lot of lunch ones because I figure we'll eat at the fast places and from carts for that mostly.

My question... they mentioned that I could get a special custom cake to surprise FH. Is this worth it for the two of us? How much is it usually? What kinds of cakes are there? If anyone has pictures, I'd love to see!! We love cake!! But, if it's too much I might just add on the pre-made one when we get there.

HI

Sounds great all your res... Sci fi is delicious and lotts of fun... the ambience is amazing... CInderella castle and Jiko's food so soooo DELICIOUS... About the custom cake. My sister and I celebrated my parents 25th anniversary at california grill at the Contemporary.... We got a 2 tiered cake... They were so surprised. They announced to the whole restaurant about being together for 25 years.... I got the direct line to California Grill and they wrote down what I wanted and they went above and beyond... Here is a pic...

Folertoorganize193.jpg

Another quick note... They have all different flavors and fillings... This cake was $150.00

and fed up to 16 guests... Luckily it was only 8 of us so we got seconds and plus more... Ask them about flavors I know that they do the fondant for wedding cakes..

Here is a pic of a custom disney cake... We celebrated my mom's b-day at O'hana's and they made this B-day cake for us

Folertoorganize194.jpg

Folertoorganize195.jpg

katiebride, personally i would get one of the other desserts ie a mini wedding cake from the gf or the slipper dessert at crt, the cakes are good but huge.

we got my parents a small anniversary cake at their polynesian dinner, it was like $32 & was more than enough for the 4 of us, they brought the other 1/2 back to their room.

below is our personalized chocolate on chocolate rehearsal dinner cake that we had at whispering canyon for our rd. it was $40 & feed all 15 of us with 3 slices leftover.
61565rd_cake-thumb.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter