YAY! I'm engaged... but!!

princess22

DIS Veteran
Yay! I'm finally engaged.:banana: :love:

I would love to have a wedding at Disney. It is where we met and holds a special place in our hearts, but I think it's out of the question. I recall reading a trip report about someone who had their wedding at the Shades of Green. Does anyone know of any threads were I can get more information about it? I can't get the search to work. THANKS!

Congratulations on your engagement!! :cool1:

Tink Kel and smhogar are current brides planning weddings at Shades of Green. Tink Kel has a planning journal on the planning board: http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=166

princessdisneybelle also had a beautiful wedding at Shades of Green, you can see her planning journal here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1292064

The only thing about Shades of Green is that you must have a military connection (there are eligibility guidelines HERE) for you to stay there, or have an event there. I'm not sure if you knew that or not.

If that is a problem for you, consider something at the Swan/Dolphin or any of the hotels at Downtown Disney, or maybe one of the other venues in the Orlando area.

As it turns out, you only need the military connection if you want to stay at Shades of Green - anyone can have an event there. I just learned this recently, and I think it's pretty cool that such an economical alternative is open to everyone! :thumbsup2

Or be employees of the Department of Defense. And the really cool part is that they charge for the room by your pay grade :thumbsup2

SOG gave me the choice between the gazebo and the veranda for my wedding. The price is based on the number of people at the wedding starting at $125 for 25 for less guests. I am using the veranda.

Here are some pics:

I know that there has recently been a deck added to the gazebo.

Gazebo31.jpg

Gazebo6.jpg

Veranda1.jpg

(How do you make pics smaller?)

I really should work on a planning report.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for the quick responses! I have the military part covered, so I can stay there also! I'm sure I will have a lot of questions! Does this mean I can make a pJ also!?

Thanks for the quick responses! I have the military part covered, so I can stay there also! I'm sure I will have a lot of questions! Does this mean I can make a pJ also!?

Of course it does! :goodvibes Go to it!

Of course it does! :goodvibes Go to it!

Trust me, you have no idea how excited I would be to be able to do a PJ. I have been a lurker on the wedding boards for over a year now. I've read tons of PJ and TR's and I've always wanted to do my own. Hopefully I will be able to have my wedding here.

To the Previous poster who had the price of $125 for less than 25:
1. Is that for the ceremony?
2. Do you happen to know about how much it goes up from there?
3. Do they have catering available for the reception, or do I book that elsewhere?

Thanks to the person who posted the links to the other PJ's. I'm getting super excited!

... the price of $125 for less than 25:
1. Is that for the ceremony?

It's just for the use of the gazebo during the ceremony - it doesn't include anything else.

2. Do you happen to know about how much it goes up from there?

Party size 26 to 75: $200
Party size 76 to 125: $250
Party size 126 to 150: $300

3. Do they have catering available for the reception, or do I book that elsewhere?

Shades of Green’s banquet menus are available for groups of 25 or more, with prices starting at $9.50 per person for continental breakfast and topping out at $36.95 per person for a buffet or $34 per person for a duo-plate sit-down meal. If you have a smaller party you can eat at the resort’s restaurant, Mangino’s, which offers groups family-style meals ranging from $25–$36 per person, or make an ADR at another nearby restaurant.

Thanks to everyone who responded! I went to look at Shades of Green over the weekend and completely fell in love with it! We have August 1st on hold and I plan on meeting with the person in charge on Wednesday to confirm it! I'm so excited! I can't wait to start a PJ! Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter