*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

At the moment I am really heartbroken. We are/were planning to go end of may. Now I saw the travel restriction for EU, and we live in Germany. I know that health is more important than WDW, and I understand that everyone is trying to stopp that virus, but :sad: and I also begin to think that I am not supposed to stay at the Beach Club, because we had to cancel our last trip to WDW and our first stay at BC for hurrican dorian last summer. :sad2: To everyone who still can go, have magical days and stay healthy.

At the moment I am really heartbroken. We are/were planning to go end of may. Now I saw the travel restriction for EU, and we live in Germany. I know that health is more important than WDW, and I understand that everyone is trying to stopp that virus, but :sad: and I also begin to think that I am not supposed to stay at the Beach Club, because we had to cancel our last trip to WDW and our first stay at BC for hurrican dorian last summer. :sad2: To everyone who still can go, have magical days and stay healthy.
Right now, the travel ban is only for the next 30 days, so unless they decide to extend it, you should still be able to go at the end of May. Don't give up hope just yet. 🙂

Right now, the travel ban is only for the next 30 days, so unless they decide to extend it, you should still be able to go at the end of May. Don't give up hope just yet. 🙂

I was going to say this. Things are changing so rapidly with this virus that it's hard to know what's going to happen tomorrow, let alone two months from now. I admit I was pretty shaken by all the news coming out yesterday. I have no idea what's going to happen before our trip and it's making me nervous but I'm not changing anything yet.

I second SMRT-1. Don't give up yet. you have 2 and a half months before end of may and the travel restriction is only 1 month. Wait and see what happens in next 30 days before completely giving up on the idea of coming. I'm hopeful that we'll have a new vaccine or at least drug that can help people recover from the illness making it not so dangerous.

I was going to say this. Things are changing so rapidly with this virus that it's hard to know what's going to happen tomorrow, let alone two months from now. I admit I was pretty shaken by all the news coming out yesterday. I have no idea what's going to happen before our trip and it's making me nervous but I'm not changing anything yet.

I am too. This is a such a rapidly changing situation and admittedly in my attempts to mitigate my anxiety I don’t think I’ve taken this seriously enough. Today in NYC was a shock to the system. We are seeking the guidance of gf’s doctors but I’ve already prepared myself for the question of when we reschedule, not if. Even if we end up fine, an extended quarantine for her out of her home country would be terrible.

I am keeping my solo July reservation for now, but we will have to have a long talk tonight that I’m dreading. I’m heartbroken and devastated, we’ve had this trip booked since last July and it’s been my light at the end of a very stressful and depressed tunnel, but it just isn’t worth the risk. I would be far more devastated if I lost the love of my life from being reckless, or put others in danger.

Now this actually is making me a little nervous. :scared:
Yep, I was thinking about this last night as sporting events started canceling. I had a concert tonight that I was planning on going to that was cancelled less than 5 hours before it started. Everything is getting crazy. I hope it can be contained in 2-4 weeks, but it seems unlikely at this time.

I’m getting worried now. We rented DVC points so may be out a lot of $. I’m hoping things will be operating normally by the end of May.

Tomorrow morning is the day of my FastPass+ reservations. Let me just say that picking out FastPass+ ride selections has never been so depressing. It’s very sad making plans for a trip when you don’t even know if the trip is going to happen anymore :(

Tomorrow morning is the day of my FastPass+ reservations. Let me just say that picking out FastPass+ ride selections has never been so depressing. It’s very sad making plans for a trip when you don’t even know if the trip is going to happen anymore :(
I hear ya. My FP day is Tuesday. Definitely a lot going on and not a lot of good news yet.

I am too. This is a such a rapidly changing situation and admittedly in my attempts to mitigate my anxiety I don’t think I’ve taken this seriously enough. Today in NYC was a shock to the system. We are seeking the guidance of gf’s doctors but I’ve already prepared myself for the question of when we reschedule, not if. Even if we end up fine, an extended quarantine for her out of her home country would be terrible.

I am keeping my solo July reservation for now, but we will have to have a long talk tonight that I’m dreading. I’m heartbroken and devastated, we’ve had this trip booked since last July and it’s been my light at the end of a very stressful and depressed tunnel, but it just isn’t worth the risk. I would be far more devastated if I lost the love of my life from being reckless, or put others in danger.

I saw your post in one of the corona threads and I feel for you ... and really, for everyone who might be affected by this in the coming weeks and months. We were supposed to be high fiving on the beaches at the Polynesian, not canceling trips!

Here's my current thinking, which can change daily (or hourly). Given that DLR shut down, I think Disney should just go all in and close WDW. I know, there aren't any cases in Orlando yet, but it's only a matter of time. If we're really doing the "social distancing" thing, you might as well do it now when the rest of the country is shutting down.

But hope isn't lost yet, at least as I see it. The major sports leagues shutting down, Broadway closing, the travel ban, DLR ... I think they intend for this to only go for three or four weeks. Hopefully the virus will have slowed if we're all basically keeping to ourselves for the next month. Obviously we have no idea what will happen yet and WDW hasn't even closed so it might not matter, but my hope is that if they do it now, they could be back up and running before we have to leave.

We rented DVC points for this trip and I think we'd be screwed on getting that money back, which is devastating, but it's also a sunk cost now. I can probably move the tickets and airfare to another trip. But I'd rather have my hand be forced by Disney instead of having to decide to punch out so I'm holding out hope for a while longer. I might book a fall trip as an emergency back up - I've been kicking that around a bit today.

Here's my current thinking, which can change daily (or hourly). Given that DLR shut down, I think Disney should just go all in and close WDW. I know, there aren't any cases in Orlando yet, but it's only a matter of time. If we're really doing the "social distancing" thing, you might as well do it now when the rest of the country is shutting down.

But hope isn't lost yet, at least as I see it. The major sports leagues shutting down, Broadway closing, the travel ban, DLR ... I think they intend for this to only go for three or four weeks. Hopefully the virus will have slowed if we're all basically keeping to ourselves for the next month. Obviously we have no idea what will happen yet and WDW hasn't even closed so it might not matter, but my hope is that if they do it now, they could be back up and running before we have to leave.

We rented DVC points for this trip and I think we'd be screwed on getting that money back, which is devastating, but it's also a sunk cost now. I can probably move the tickets and airfare to another trip. But I'd rather have my hand be forced by Disney instead of having to decide to punch out so I'm holding out hope for a while longer. I might book a fall trip as an emergency back up - I've been kicking that around a bit today.
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/03/12/...onavirus/index.html?__twitter_impression=true
it’s happening.

Some what new to the fourm and booking fp tomorrow as well. I have been planning for a year or so, fingers crossed!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter