*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

Just an FYI (even though I've abandoned the Mayfolk for the Decemberites) - my 5/2 FP+ have disappeared from my MDE account.

They'll all go soon - once my ticket cancellation is processed - but it was still sad to see the first day of my perfectly scheduled FPs officially vanish into the ether.
Yeah, those FP's that signal you're so close is hard to see disappear. part of the reason I haven't cancelled my reservation yet, lol.

Anyone else pulling up first person ride vids on youtube? Thinking about doing that soon, just to get a partial experience.

Hope everyone is still safe and healthy and staying home as much as possible.

Yes......to watching the ride videos. We started a few days back and watch one a day for the fun of it. Since I am sure our May trip isn't happening((but will let Disney cancel it) I feel the need to watch our favorite rides until we go in September for our backup. I even enjoy watching the rides from the other parks. Even watched a couple of Tom’s top 10 rides videos from the news site.

Yes......to watching the ride videos. We started a few days back and watch one a day for the fun of it. Since I am sure our May trip isn't happening((but will let Disney cancel it) I feel the need to watch our favorite rides until we go in September for our backup. I even enjoy watching the rides from the other parks. Even watched a couple of Tom’s top 10 rides videos from the news site.

I too am using VR to watch the rides! My kids sent me VR goggles for Easter. It is amazing!

Good Morning to all my May trip planners. I pulled up the park hours and they are still there from May 3 onward. Hey hope is hope.

My only concern now is am in Louisiana and the quarantine in FL .... Hopefully, everything will be much better in a few weeks and there will not be a travel ban. I am in northeast LA and have been "sheltering in place" for almost two weeks. We do have some cases in our parish- I think 30 something. We are a rural area. Most of the cases are in the New Orleans area (Mardi Gras in Feb.)

Our 5/15 Disney Dream cruise was canceled today, so my daughter and I have decided to postpone our land/cruise trip to a later date yet to be determined:(

We are out for May. We switched from staying at CBR to actually moving to Universal but still doing one day at MK and then our big trip will still be Sept (hopefully). With Universal cancelling our dates we just decided to forgo it all (Especially since I can't imagine flying out of Detroit in only about 6 weeks too)

Gave up on Memorial Day. Universal announcement pushed me over - took advantage of the free dining, we'll just save the 2 day tickets to apply to AP renewals later, going in August!

Supposed to have went in April, changed it to May. Now I’m pretty sure mid-May is going to be cancelled. Not going anyways now, too worried about health. Haven’t pulled the plug yet. Have APs that expire in Sept. bought specifically to use a couple times and it’s looking like we will lose money as we might not go this year. We used in Sept and December. I might be starting a new job before July, so was wanting to use my vacation days at my old job as I’m sure I won’t be able to use any at new job for a while as I slowly earn them. So I’m just stuck not knowing what to do. Want to go before July but also scared to go.

Universal announcement pushed me over too. Last time we went was April 2010 which I had booked because Harry Potter was supposed to open in 2009 and it wasn't open when we went. Even if Disney was open mid-May, the fact that yet again we couldn't see Harry Potter at Universal was the breaking point. Cancelled everything yesterday but had already booked for May 2021 since I knew it was likely we were gonna push it out a year...here's hoping third times a charm to see Harry Potter (and everything new in DIsney since 2010). If anyone else switches to May 2021, see you over on that thread!

Good Morning to all my May trip planners. I pulled up the park hours and they are still there from May 3 onward. Hey hope is hope.

My only concern now is am in Louisiana and the quarantine in FL .... Hopefully, everything will be much better in a few weeks and there will not be a travel ban. I am in northeast LA and have been "sheltering in place" for almost two weeks. We do have some cases in our parish- I think 30 something. We are a rural area. Most of the cases are in the New Orleans area (Mardi Gras in Feb.)
/QUOTE]

We are in the same boat as you (Northwest Louisiana residents)...have booked for end of May but at this moment there are travel restrictions from Louisiana into Florida....hoping all of this is lifted soon but who knows....our March trip was canceled...so rebooked for May....fingers crossed this trip actually happens :)

We are in the same boat as you (Northwest Louisiana residents)...have booked for end of May but at this moment there are travel restrictions from Louisiana into Florida....hoping all of this is lifted soon but who knows....our March trip was canceled...so rebooked for May....fingers crossed this trip actually happens :)

Are you driving or flying? We are flying. MLU-IAH-MCO no direct flights here.

any May 2020 folks here with me still clinging to hope for your trip? I check park hours every day to see if they are still up and not canceled.

Just checked and park hours for May 3 onward

any May 2020 folks here with me still clinging to hope for your trip? I check park hours every day to see if they are still up and not canceled.

Just checked and park hours for May 3 onward

Sort of... I’ve accepted that it’s not happening, but I’m not ready to cancel my trip either.

Sort of... I’ve accepted that it’s not happening, but I’m not ready to cancel my trip either.

Keep the hope alive. I am trying to stay positive. I know the chances are slim for May and I have trips booked in SEptember and December, but many do not have other trips planned and so any hope is good.

I am not going to cancel my trip. Disney will have to cancel it. I know that last week they canceled trips booked through them until May 2. Park hours are present for May 3 onward. I have not heard that anyone was canceled BY DISNEY with vacation dates starting May 3 or after. I know some peope have posted they were canceled, but they or the TA canceled them not DISNEY.

I hope to see you in WDW soon. Stay safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter