yea!

DansBride2009

Mouseketeer
i love this board! to not take up space on the threads i'll post a whole bunch of questions on this thread i'm starting lol.

first off, i love seeing everyone's support of all the brides on here! your valuable information has already helped me to make some important decisions. thank you!!!

my fiance loves seabreeze point better than everything we have in town! so yea!!! i finally get to start planning, i am beside myself with joy right now -- not to mention possibility of a really good job!! i am like a spinning top right now, i'm so thrilled lol.

questions:

1) pros and cons of having wedding at seabreeze point? all the weddings i have seen there look beautiful.

2) has anyone had the un invited wedding guests? i want some form of 'disney' entertainment at my reception, but couldn't find any postings on this board.

3) for wedding favors we're paying for everyone's park tickets for 2 days and hotel rooms for 2 nights (very small wedding) plus buying their drink mugs for the hotel. yea for coronado springs resort! my favorite! any suggestions for helping my guests feel comfortable about traveling long distances?

4) disney cruise or a nice, relaxing week at coronado springs? any ideas for honeymoon ??

i am so excited to have found this board! whenever we want to plan mom and i get on this board and before we know it our whole weekend morning was spent on the phone looking at everyone's beautiful weddings!

thanks again everyone! i really look forward to replies and information.

Firstly let me say Welcome to the boards :goodvibes & Congrats about your up & coming wedding:thumbsup2 .

We all look very much forward to hearing all of your plans & ideas for your big day

We firstly had wanted WP for our ceremony, i had been adament on that point for way over a year & had even booked my photographer & videographer using wp as our location.

Then last week i had a complete U Turn change of heart, after watching many vids showing SBP & seeing many gorgeous pics we had another discusion about location. After a lot of writing lists to see pros & cons re each location we decided that SBP was the one for us:woohoo: . It suits us totally, is extremely intimate:lovestruc , i love that its outside by the lake. The gazebo looks stunning especially when the sun shines down on the location. I could nt think of a more romantic location for us to use:love:

You ve gotta make sure that the location you picks suits you as a couple, wp for us was just way too big for such a small wedding as we re having. Im still having my pics tyaken at GF's beach which to be honest was the only real reason i wanted WP in the first place.

People have said that background noise puts them off but in all the vids i ve seen i ve barely heard any. The only noise i ve heard is from the passing boats which i in all honesty really liked. Im sure people will pass by & have a peek from a distance but i would nt imagine people would actually be so rude as to come up close. Besides i think the planner waits by the entrance to SBP so would probably ask people to move a long.

Your wedding/honeymoon is a very personal thing so just make sure you tailor it to suit you & your partners dreams, no one elses. Only you can make the final decision

awesome! i didn't think i'd get a reply so soon lol! wow, so noise might be an issue at sea breeze point then? hmmm ... i'm glad you said that in the videos it didn't turn up much so my mom and i are going to have to take video in june when we go ... well, june 2009 that is lol ... i'm so glad you said that.

i know what you mean about wedding pavilion! that's where i first wanted my wedding because you just, you know, had weddings there, that's what you do at disney; i worked there and saw them all the time ... but it is just too formal for us. we want formal, intimate and out doors and sea breeze point is perfect.

i'm glad you got the location you want! i'm excited to hear that you can get pictures taken on the beach at wp. thanks for posting! i enjoyed hearing from you.

awesome! i didn't think i'd get a reply so soon lol! wow, so noise might be an issue at sea breeze point then? hmmm ... i'm glad you said that in the videos it didn't turn up much so my mom and i are going to have to take video in june when we go ... well, june 2009 that is lol ... i'm so glad you said that.

i know what you mean about wedding pavilion! that's where i first wanted my wedding because you just, you know, had weddings there, that's what you do at disney; i worked there and saw them all the time ... but it is just too formal for us. we want formal, intimate and out doors and sea breeze point is perfect.

i'm glad you got the location you want! i'm excited to hear that you can get pictures taken on the beach at wp. thanks for posting! i enjoyed hearing from you.

Your very welcome am glad i could be of some help to you.;)

Thats exactly our view, the WP was a tad too formal. Its a beautiful venue but i think it reminds my df of a church too much. Hes an atheist so baring that in mind it really would nt of been fair for me to choose that as our location. Since we ve changed location he seems a lot happier in all honesty, he seems to really like the view you get from SBP.

Just to have him more involved & excited about planning has made me realise we ve made the right choice for us.

Where do you plan on having your reception? We re gonna have ours at SBP right after the ceremony, i ve seen pics of people doing their cake cutting & having first dance right by the lake which to me was a lovely site. Extremely romantic:love:

The only put off point for us was the weather, i ve however spoken to many people who have reassured me that for the time of year we want & time of our ceremony we should (fingers crossed) be fine. December Bride was my Fairygod Mother at offering me advice for that :cutie:

I really would nt be concerned re the noise aspect though, apart from the occasional boat horn & breeze thats all i ve really heard.

We re also gonna be using YCs beach for pics too, we re finishing our time with Randy at GF using both its beach & inside the resort.

Feline Figaro - your plans sound so nice! Your fiance sounds like mine; he doesn't want anything formal or stuffy and said no to almost everything I showed him but Sea Breeze Point. It's just the perfect place, in my opinion. And what you said about him being excited about the location is about how it is now with my fiance. He's starting to look forward to it finally!!

I won't worry about the noise then and just enjoy the day.

We are going to have our reception at The Attic; a brunch. I must have the Mickey waffles lol!!

Not to mention, from the pictures everyone has provided, that you don't have to do much decorating at The Attic. Would anyone recommend using white table cloths, or is The Attic pretty enough as it is without using the table cloths? The Attic is so pretty.

And also we are doing a dessert party at Epcot for Illuminations. All of the posts have my family excited about it lol.

It's a year and a half away; in September 2009, oh I can't wait!

And everyone must forgive me; I got in the poor habit of writing everything online in lower case letters, and now I am going into the Administrative Assistant and HR field and am having to get used to writing formally. It might take some getting used to lol. My Liberal Arts degree from OU must have done me no good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter