• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Year of a Million Dreams Weddings

TheLastPrincess

It's OK. I'm obsessed too.
I don't know if any of you brides had thought of this, or even would consider it, but did you know that the lighthearted, catchy song in the Year of a Million Dreams commercials and promotional material can be found on the live-action 2003 version of Peter Pan? That's right - it is a couple of recycled songs called "Flying" and "I Do Believe in Fairies." In any case, I am inspired to use one of those as our "wedding party entrance" song. What better way to herald in the new bride and groom, the Prince and Princess of the Year of a Million Dreams?!:cloud9:

Maybe I am just obsessed. But that is what Disboards is for, right? :thumbsup2

Hi TheLastPrincess...like you I thought it would be wonderful to use the same piece of music. I was on the wdw website last night and the music they use for Cinderella's Castle Suite is so amazing, even regal!! I had actually thought about using it for my own entrance.

I did a search on google and found the music from Peter Pan. "Flying" is such a beautiful song and I see where Disney took elements from that piece of music. What I was curious about is where to get the current version that Disney is using on their web-site and commercials??? Does anyone have any ideas where to find it?

Thanks!!!:grouphug:

I did a search on google and found the music from Peter Pan. "Flying" is such a beautiful song and I see where Disney took elements from that piece of music. What I was curious about is where to get the current version that Disney is using on their web-site and commercials??? Does anyone have any ideas where to find it?

Thanks!!!:grouphug:

The closest one to that is actually the song called "I Do Believe in Fairies" also on the CD. "Flying" is more hodge-podge. That's all I know right now. They probably took elements from both and "made" their own song. I'm not sure if you could find an MP3 of that somewhere, but keep me posted if you do!

TheLastPrincess- First I think it would be great to use those songs esp this year!

Second, and this is completely unrelated, I love the caption about Magic Kingdom being IN Disney. Thats one of my biggest pet peeves when I here guests say that! ;)

TheLastPrincess- First I think it would be great to use those songs esp this year!

Second, and this is completely unrelated, I love the caption about Magic Kingdom being IN Disney. Thats one of my biggest pet peeves when I here guests say that! ;)

Oh yeah. On the buses, especially, I hear that all the time. It's SO HARD not to correct them! We're a bunch of NERDS!!!:teacher:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter