year of your first visit to Walt Disney World

1986. I was little. I lost one of my flip flops in one of the waterways in MK somehow and a CM gave me a new pair for free. This was also the one and only time I ever stayed off property in 35+ visits and the only time I visited sea world.

EPCOT was being built. You could see the egg starting to come together. No idea what year.

My first trip was in 1976. It was my Senior Class trip. We were the 5th class to go & it continued thru to 2019. Sadly due to Covid-19 the last 2 Senior Classes have had their trips cancelled.
Only Magic Kingdom was there & we did the dinner show at the Polynesian one night. We spent an afternoon/evening at SeaWorld and visited Cypress Gardens the morning before catching our flight back home.
We stayed at a hotel off property most likely on or near International Drive. I know there was a 7/11 next door because some people snuck over to buy beer. It was during the Vietnam era & due to the draft many States had lowered the drinking age to 18.Good thing Epcot wasn't there 🍺.

Forgot to mention I have been to Disneyland twice. In 1975 we ( Dad, Mom ,Sis & I) drove to Arizona to visit our Grandparents. We drove to Anaheim from Yuma, AZ one day to see DL. Long day but it was wonderful.
Almost Forty years later DH & I spent an afternoon in DL during a trip to Huntington Beach.

1990......DD was in Junior Olympics in St. Petersburg, so we stayed longer and went. (we are west coast DL people).
We now own DVC on both coasts and have been often

My first trip to DL was in 1957

I know it was early 1972, but not sure of the exact month. I think March or April. My most vivid memory of those early trips was sitting on a bench deciding what to use those precious tickets for. Supposedly I cried all the day back to the car at the end of that first trip, saying I didn’t want to leave because I would never get to come back. Little did I know . . . :earboy2:

1978. My older sister was living in Florida and my parents and younger sister drove from the West Coast in a camper for her wedding. Turned it into a big vacation and going to Walt Disney World was a highlight of the whole trip.

1979. I was 5 years old.

I don't remember anything other than losing my blue mickey balloon in the parking lot. I was devastated watching it fly away.

1976. I was 16 and went with my girlfriend's family. It was at Fort Wilderness. They had a pop up camper. My girlfriend had a sister and her boyfriend went also. He and I stayed in a pup tent for the week. I don't remember what month we went but it wasn't a hardship weather wise as I recall. So much has changed since then. Magic Kingdom was the only park open. We went to River Country. Wasn't much else to do.
It was a long stretch until our next trip. 1989 with my family. We stayed at the Tree House Villas.

1986. I have pictures of the 15th Birthday parade. I had just turned 11. I remember feeling so amazed by everything. The clearest memory however was of Space Mountain. I remember me, DSIS and DM running in the morning to get in line. I can remember how scared I was and my mom commenting as we were walking off about how white I looked lol.

For DH and my 2 kids, their first trip was 2011. The first character they met was Donald Duck (and first time I ever had my picture with him - growing up he's been my fave!) We started that trip with Tusker House. I wasn't sure how DH would like but he was hooked and we've been back at least once a year since!

1977! It’s been fun watching it change over the years but I am sometimes nostalgic for things like river country and discovery island — and my parents not going into debt to take us there!
Lsyves, it was l977 for our family too, :)
It was me, DH, son 7 and daughter 5.
I remember the cleanliness of the parks and the much slower pace to touring. We could wander around and ride what we wanted.
I can't remember which parks were open then? I know MK was, but not sure about Epcot, HS or AK.
It was a special time I will always remember, disney as it was:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter