Year old - Sad day... accident kills 4 including a D-Cast member

I'm not sure if you realize this story is a year old (dated 1/9/08). This is the big pileup that happened last year due to smoke across the highway.

This is horrible no matter how you slice it, but it looks to have happened last year.

There was another cast member killed last year. Heather Hurd worked at MK. She was killed on Route 27 in the Disney area on her way to her wedding planner.

Her family has worked in her honor to get bills passed banning talking on cell phones while driving. Part of Route 27 is get renamed for her.

Her family also set up several scholarships. Out of something terrible they are creating good things.

How sad. We have those laws here in Jersey. I think the fine is $100 for talking on the cell phone without a hands free device. I still must see at least 2 people a day ignoring the law, it's a shame.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter