Year Round Trees

luvflorida

DIS Veteran
Anyone else love Christmas trees so much that they hate to take them down? As I sit here looking at the little Christmas tree in my den/tv room, with the multi-colored lights lit, I know I will miss it when everything comes down on New Year's Day. There's just something about the tree and lights that gives me a good feeling! It really makes me smile! :)

I'm thinking of doing a beach-themed tree, just a small one, to leave up year-round. Perhaps a 3-foot white tree with white or blue lights and decorated with shell garlands and other beach items. It would be a beach tree, not a Christmas tree.:beach:

Does anyone else have something similar that stays up year round?

I had this great plan years ago. I bought an artificial tree with clear lights. I put it in the dining room and intended to make it a "holiday tree". After Christmas, I was going to make it a Valentine's Day tree, a St. Patrick's Day tree and so on. After the first few holidays, it just became another chore I got behind on. It was a great plan in theory. I just sucked at my follow through.

I will also add that after a while it sort of faded into the background for me. I love the excitement of getting the tree out at Christmas and that excitement wasn't there when it was out all year.

My tree has been up year round since 2012. My DM has dementia & she loves the Xmas tree lights so if she wants it, she gets it.

I kinda enjoy redecorating for all the holidays. My DGD, her GDGD, helps so it is a blast. Do you know what a tree decorated by a 7yo & a 90yo looks like. :rotfl2::rotfl2::thumbsup2:thumbsup2

My aunt leaves up her Christmas tree all year. It is like a big 7ft tree. It stays in a guestroom.

I have like a 4ft tree and it is still up. I think it is cute, I am going for a Frozen theme with it. I just need more Frozen ornaments, seems like all the after Christmas sales are picked over and I can't really find anything. :) I don't want to take it down, but I guess I will in early January.

I have a 18 inch artificial tree that is my "holiday" tree that stays on an end table year round. It has little miniature ornaments for all the different holidays. No lights.

I had this great plan years ago. I bought an artificial tree with clear lights. I put it in the dining room and intended to make it a "holiday tree". After Christmas, I was going to make it a Valentine's Day tree, a St. Patrick's Day tree and so on. After the first few holidays, it just became another chore I got behind on. It was a great plan in theory. I just sucked at my follow through.

I will also add that after a while it sort of faded into the background for me. I love the excitement of getting the tree out at Christmas and that excitement wasn't there when it was out all year.

Now that does sound like a lot of work! I'm contemplating one small tree that keeps the same decorations on year round!

My tree has been up year round since 2012. My DM has dementia & she loves the Xmas tree lights so if she wants it, she gets it.

I kinda enjoy redecorating for all the holidays. My DGD, her GDGD, helps so it is a blast. Do you know what a tree decorated by a 7yo & a 90yo looks like. :rotfl2::rotfl2::thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Aw, how nice that you do that for your mom! I think I would like the looks of a tree that was decorated by a youngster and an elderly family member!

My aunt leaves up her Christmas tree all year. It is like a big 7ft tree. It stays in a guestroom.

I have like a 4ft tree and it is still up. I think it is cute, I am going for a Frozen theme with it. I just need more Frozen ornaments, seems like all the after Christmas sales are picked over and I can't really find anything. :) I don't want to take it down, but I guess I will in early January.

You might want to check Bed Bath and Beyond. I was in there a few days ago and they had quite a few Frozen Christmas items. Not sure how many were ornaments, though.

I have a 18 inch artificial tree that is my "holiday" tree that stays on an end table year round. It has little miniature ornaments for all the different holidays. No lights.

Sounds like a cute tree!

Years ago I had a small 4 foot tall tree on an end table that stayed up year round. The Christmas decorations came off, but the lights stayed on. A few other holiday decorations, like Valentines, Easter, Halloween, etc. went on it, but mostly it stayed bare. I lit it up maybe twice a week.

That is a lovely thing you do for your mom.
If year round trees make you happy, do it!

Anyone else love Christmas trees so much that they hate to take them down? As I sit here looking at the little Christmas tree in my den/tv room, with the multi-colored lights lit, I know I will miss it when everything comes down on New Year's Day. There's just something about the tree and lights that gives me a good feeling! It really makes me smile! :)

I'm thinking of doing a beach-themed tree, just a small one, to leave up year-round. Perhaps a 3-foot white tree with white or blue lights and decorated with shell garlands and other beach items. It would be a beach tree, not a Christmas tree.:beach:

Does anyone else have something similar that stays up year round?

Life is short. Go for it and if anyone asks why you tell them that life is short.

Yup, you'll think I'm crazy, but I used to keep my 3 foot bathroom tree up year-round. I had this wonderful bathroom with a garden/jetted tub with horrible pink/cream marble and pink tiles. So I made myself a "girly" tree with pearls, crystals, lace, pink and burgundy ornaments. Loved relaxing in the tub with the Christmas lights on. Also had a traditional tree and kitchen themed tree that came down each year.

Do what makes you happy!

I love my Christmas tree, and it always depresses me to take it down...however, to me, it is a Christmas Tree...for Christmas. To me, it would lose some of it's significance if I kept it all year long

I had that same great plan this year with a wreath. I was going to create a themed wreath for my door every month. I bought the wreath back in October and there it sits, naked, no decorations, no theme, no nothing. It sounded like such a good idea at the time, but the thought of creating something new every single month just sounds like a lot of work now!

I do feel extremely sad when it's finally time to take our Christmas tree down, as I do love it. Always excited to put it up the weekend following Thanksgiving and think to myself, "Ah, it will be up for 6 whole weeks..." but that time just flies by with all their is to do in preparation for the holiday and before I know it the new year has started and I have to start thinking about taking the tree down. :( All the rest of our decorations/lights don't bother me to put away, but the tree does for some reason. I do leave it up longer than most, and turn the lights on every night until we take it down. If people driving by see the lights and think the tree should be down, that's their problem. :) I do plan to take it down the weekend following New Year's so another 10 days or so to enjoy it. I don't think I would like having it up all year 'round though, and changing the decorations for different seasons/holidays. Maybe if it was a small tree, but it's pretty big and full and takes up a lot of space.

DW came home with a 6 foot tall very slim "pencil" tree a few days before Christmas. She said it was the display model at Target for 50% off. It's in the foyer and she says it's going to stay up all year, just lights, after the decorations are taken off. Who am I to argue?

I have seasonal wreaths. Plural because I have two front doors and one patio door that a lot of guests use. I have a set for spring/summer, autumn and Christmas. I put decorations that aren't wreaths on our doors for our annual July 4th party. I need to finish my Halloween wreath though. It's supposed to look like a bloody, disembodied hand that has bloody bandages trailing from it is clutching a traditional, blood splattered, wreath.

I have one in my sunroom that stays up year round because I like it. I sometimes decorate it with seasonal lights. Currently I have red heart lights on it - left over from Valentine's Day, lol - but they work. I didn't have time to put the orange pumpkin lights on this year for Halloween. It doesn't really matter, to me, they all look good.

I don't know what kind of tree you'd call it. It's about five feet tall or more. Thin. Evergreen type. I got it at Christmas Tree Shops years ago and that's where I get the seasonal lights, too. At one time we laminated a bunch of Disney Cruise Line luggage tags and hung them on it as a fun reminder of our trips, but those went away when we moved the tree to the sunroom after we built it. I like it just with lights now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter