Yeehaw Let's Go to Disneyland Trip Report Updated 6/23/2014 Pg 3

We headed over to DCA to hit the EMH there. We avoided anything to do with RSR at all costs because Oliver isn't big enough to ride yet and it just gets so crazy. We hung around Bug's Land for a while trying to stay cool.

I was a little shocked that not much in DCA is open during EMH, so not much for little kids to do. We did happen to run into Mater so we took full advantage of that since Oliver loves Cars.

And we went and checked out the backside of Carsland where RSR runs.

Oh, and as you can see Oliver got a new set of ears :)

After that we went and got our voucher for the Disney Visa Meet N Greet and opted to wait 30 minutes to meet Minnie since Stitch scares him. We grabbed some hot dogs for lunch and then it was our turn to go see Minnie Mouse.

She was so very sweet with him.

She commented on his shirt, that he was wearing a picture of her boyfriend :)

Oh and she loved my nails lol

I love that they have this and we got to spend a few extra minutes with her that we normally would not have gotten. It was nice and private which was even better for Oliver. The only downside was the heat.

After this we went and checked out Disney Jr Live which I think Oliver really liked even though he didn't participate much. This is how he's used to seeing the characters and he got to see Jake and the Neverland Pirates too. It was a nice break from the heat, but after that we headed back to the hotel for a few hours for a much needed break.

Oliver is such a cutie and you will love the pictures from his first trip. I am sorry it was so hot. Looking forward to reading the rest.

Oliver is such a cutie and you will love the pictures from his first trip. I am sorry it was so hot. Looking forward to reading the rest.
Thanks lucysmom! Besides the heat we had a wonderful trip and are looking forward to the next one, most likely in February so we only have to worry about rain lol

Ps I'm glad someone finally replied. I was starting to think I was talking to myself in here haha

After our break at the hotel we ventured back out to Disneyland. It was still hot and crowded but we had a reservation at Cafe Orleans for an early dinner. I was excited to try the gumbo and palm frittes, and while the food was good, the service was horrible. Perhaps it was the heat, perhaps I should have kept our reservation at Blue Bayou, but I was not impressed with this place or the CM's working there and I won't make it a point to go back.

That being said....we hoped onto the Mark Twain after dinner.

We then headed over to Innovations to walk through something with a/c. It was too hot for Oliver to ride Autopia. Oliver really enjoyed walking around the different rooms and especially loved the little boys bedroom where we got to hear Peter Pan for story time!

We then took a walk over to the castle and spent some time at the wishing well. We didn't see anyone special but it was nice for Oliver to watch the fountain fish.

After that we headed into Fantasyland and rode Peter Pan, the teacups and the carousel. I think Oliver liked both, but the wait for PP was awful. It moved fast, but man do they need to make those line ques bigger.

That might have been one of his favorite rides lol

We headed over to Main Street after that and got caught in the middle of the parade, but we were able to duck into the ice cream shop to avoid the crowds. I had gotten this big mint chocolate chip thing and got Oliver a rainbow sherbert. I bet you can guess who ended up with what....

That's ok, the sherbert was very refreshing, and we shared a table with a very nice lady and her daughter who were locals. So sweet of them to let us sit with them too :)

I think we headed back to the hotel after the crowds dispersed and called it a night. My mind is getting a bit fuzzy on this one :)

Tuesday is where things start getting fuzzy because at this time it had already been in the high 90s for the past two days and the heat was getting to us.

I can't remember if we got early morning into DCA and rode nothing or if we ventured over to Disneyland for rope drop and got in line to meet the princesses. I do know we met the princesses that morning.

Such a cute little area of the park.

I love Oliver in this picture

Snow White was so sweet to him, but he was oh so very shy. I bet I would be too.

Then we met Cinderella.....who asked us where we were from and thought Texas was such a long pumpkin ride from where we were now.

Afterwards we had a much needed cold drink of the boysenberry apple freeze....oh man was that yummy! I could have had another one and I think at some point we did lol

We jumped over to see Winnie the Pooh. Oliver was not happy about having to wait in line to get to Pooh Bear and this picture proves it.

It was Rabbit next and Oliver was over it at this point. Rabbit tried to play hide-n-go seek with him, but he was not having it.

I think Oliver was starting to get over it at this point, so we decided to go back to the hotel and rest. We had to stop to get this picture though and I really wish they had a PP Photographer at this spot in the morning because I hate how this turned out.

I had to get this shot out in the espilande because I have one of me at Oliver's age.

We went back over to rest at the Grand in the lobby so Oliver could watch cartoons.

And we did the same thing at PPH while we waited on my dad.

We might have gone back afterwards or called it a night at that point I can't really remember :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter