Yehaa Bob coming to Geneseo, NY for a GKTW benefit performance

How did the show go Dave? I was really tempted to take a half day and make the 6 hour drive...

Hi Everyone, I've been running around like crazy for Bob's show yesterday, and I just dropped him off at the airport so he could head back to Orlando. His show last night at the college was a HUGE hit!!!

We had about 70-80 people in the audience and raised over $400 ($456 to be exact). Which I don't think is that bad at all for a Monday evening with only a $5 cover charge (my students didn't think college students would come if we charged more). We had a mix of college students and families/community members. Some people drove 90 min - 2 hours to get to the show, and came from Buffalo, Niagara Falls, Corning, and Auburn, NY. I had a group of women from Auburn, NY that showed up at 4:30pm for the 7:00pm show.

Bob donated CD's that he autographed and we gave away (I'm going to auction off another two as well). My students talked about the history of GKTW and their experience volunteering. And I put in a plug for the Power of 10 fundraiser, and showed the number to text in donations.

It was a lot of fun, and I really enjoyed getting to spend so much time with Bob. I felt like I made another good friend, and learned a lot more about a really interesting guy.

The reason I was hoping you could mention it on the show is because I thought it might give others an idea for a fundraiser they could do in their area. Maybe they have a band (or know of a performer) and could do a benefit concert or something of their own.

How come I haven't heard about this anywhere on campus? Well I guess it's because you're running it from off campus but I basically live IN sturges I can't believe I haven't heard about this. I've had probably half of my college classes in Sturges Aud. Guess I'm going to have a long day Monday, but I can look foreward to this after practicum and class!
Lora, it was great to meet you last night. You left before I could say good bye though! Thanks so much for coming.

What a great time! Bob sure knows how to put on a show. Thanks again, Dave, for bringing him here.

Mary Anne and John
Mary Anne and John, it was great to meet both of you too, and thank you so much for your generous contribution to GKTW.

Laura, it was great to meet you last night. You left before I could say good bye though! Thanks so much for coming.

Sorry, I had to dash after the show...I had to be at rehearsal at 9:30 or I would have hung around longer. The show was really great, I had a lot of fun even though I am definitely not the interactive type typically when it comes to shows like this. I think I need a nap today to make up for all the craziness and excitement of yesterday and I can't believe you actually work at Geneseo. Outside of the Disney sphere in Florida I've only ever met one Dis-er. After listening to all of your interviews it's like meeting a celebrity.

Well I'm going to see if I can get photobucket to work...no promises...

~Lora

Sorry, I had to dash after the show...I had to be at rehearsal at 9:30 or I would have hung around longer. The show was really great, I had a lot of fun even though I am definitely not the interactive type typically when it comes to shows like this. I think I need a nap today to make up for all the craziness and excitement of yesterday and I can't believe you actually work at Geneseo. Outside of the Disney sphere in Florida I've only ever met one Dis-er. After listening to all of your interviews it's like meeting a celebrity.

Well I'm going to see if I can get photobucket to work...no promises...

~Lora

Actually, there are more of us here in WNY. I'm sorry I missed this, as I'm only about an hour or so away in Amherst. Bad me, I need to check out the boards more often, rather than when I'm planning the next trip(rumor of entire extended 27-member family invading OKW in November).
Dave, please call Pete and tell him the college is in Geneseo, NOT Genesco.

Mark Orlowski

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter