Yellowstone Reservations System Glitch?

ScooterL

DIS Veteran
Since I think there's someone on here who works for Xanterra, and several others who visit (or are planning to visit) Yellowstone, I thought I would see if this has happened to anyone else...

This morning in my email I had 6 Reservation Confirmation emails from "TravelYellowstone.com" - the only problem was that none of them were actually mine, and they included the *real* person's email address, reservation number, address, etc. Later in my email I received a forwarded message from someone who had received an email about one of the reservations that I am currently holding. I've tried calling several times today but all I get is a busy signal - I want to make sure that the 6 reservations I hold for later this year are still in place!

Has this happened to anyone else? Or does our resident Yellowstone expert know what's going on?

Thanks for any info.

Finally got through on the phone and found out that yes, it was a computer glitch, but that my reservations are still ok. Of course that doesn't mean that some mean-spirited person who got my email by mistake still couldn't call and cancel later...

So glad that it gotten straightened out - hopefully the recipient of your reservation information is not mean.

Candace

Ouch! That must have been some shock. Have to think some techie is on a job search about now.

So today I received an email message from TravelYellowstone.com telling me that one of my reservations (for Old Faithful Inn) had been *canceled*. I immediately called, and found out that they had received a FAX, supposedly signed by me, requesting that they cancel the reservation with that confirmation number - and they "helpfully" also canceled the other reservation I had for those dates (we're traveling with another couple so have two rooms for each night). Fortunately they were able to rebook both of them. But it looks like some unscrupulous person did get one of my reservation numbers and then pulled a really nasty April Fool's joke. :-(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter