Yes, we’re going AGAIN- the trip that wasn’t supposed to happen…A December 2012 Pre-T

Erica!! You look fantastic!!! :cheer2: :dance3::cheer2:

Way to go, girl!! Now that you've hit a plateau what do you think you will do now? Are you on an exercise plan of some sort?

Love the plans, they sound solid to me.
You don't really have to cram too many things in if you're DVC owner's, you always have another trip to come back and do what you missed last time. :goodvibes
Hope to be able to do that too some day. :)

Love the pics of your pups.

And thank you for showing the pictures. :thumbsup2

Erica!! You look fantastic!!! :cheer2: :dance3::cheer2:

Way to go, girl!! Now that you've hit a plateau what do you think you will do now? Are you on an exercise plan of some sort?

Love the plans, they sound solid to me.
You don't really have to cram too many things in if you're DVC owner's, you always have another trip to come back and do what you missed last time. :goodvibes
Hope to be able to do that too some day. :)

Love the pics of your pups.

And thank you for showing the pictures. :thumbsup2

I was taking a Zumba class for a while, but the instructor doesn't teach it anymore so I got Zumba for our Wii and I'll see how that goes. I don't really care for the treadmill so I'm going to try to change things up a bit and see how successful I am with adding in other things.
We also have a Wii fit that I'm going to try. When we first got it I was too heavy for the balance board but now I'm fine....LOL

Hi Erica!

WOW you look fantastic! Good for you. :)

Love your furbaby photos. DH and I also have a furbaby - a Scottish Terrier. He is an absolute joy and I am so glad we have him. Dogs are just great, aren't they? Us dog-people just 'get it'.

DH and I, along with my parents, are going to WDW in December also, but we will just miss your dates as we are from the 11th to the 18th. I totally agree about not doing the dining plan. It's too much planning for me - plus we are staying BWI Club Level and they serve a fair amount of food throughout the day already anyway.

OMG you will LOVE Keys to the Kingdom!! It is very cool, and I believe you get a little something special at the end, and I actually almost liked this better than Backstage Magic (which my family did the following trip) because you don't get to see as much of the utilidors in that one, and I've always found them fascinating.

You will also LOVE MVMCP!!! Go for the second viewing of the parade if you want a less crowded experience. And if you want snow, watch it from Main Street.

I like your plans! I tried Garden View Tea at GF a few trips ago and fell in love, so I always suggest it as something fun to do, especially for couples. If you find yourself wanting a break from the parks, visit the various resorts to see the Christmas decorations. All the deluxe level resorts (maybe the others too) go all out. It is really quite the sight.

Also, if you get a chance, go to California Grill to catch Wishes. DH and I discovered on our honeymoon that you don't have to have a dinner ressie to get up there. If fact, if you want food. Order from the bar. Seriously - chairs are more comfy, food is cheaper, and tables are perfect for two. When Wishes is almost ready, you have to go out on the balcony to experience it the best way. Go to the BACK balcony. Everyone scrambles for the 'front' balcony but the few is the same and the crowd is non-existent.

:) - Carey

FOLLOW MY 'DISNEYLAND HALF MARATHON' & 'DISNEYWORLD MAYBE-BABY CHRISTMAS' PRE-TRIP REPORTS!

Hi Carey!

Welcome! :hug:

I'm really excited about Keys to The Kingdom. I love MK- it's my favorite park and I think I'll love seeing all of the "behind the scenes" stuff.
We thought about doing the Backstage Magic tour and we were on the fence but when I called to book the tour I asked the CM on the phone to help me break down the differences, pros/ cons, etc.
She said that she though that KTTK was a perfect "starter" tour and that backstage magic really wasn't as thorough on the history, etc. because that tour touched on all of the parks.

I'm sure we'll do Backstage Magic one day, but I think that KTTK is the perfect way to go for now. The one downside to KTTK is that it includes lunch at Columbia Harbor House and my DH HATES that place :rotfl:
I told him we'd get him something else to tide him over....

Hi Erica!

WOW you look fantastic! Good for you. :)

Love your furbaby photos. DH and I also have a furbaby - a Scottish Terrier. He is an absolute joy and I am so glad we have him. Dogs are just great, aren't they? Us dog-people just 'get it'.

DH and I, along with my parents, are going to WDW in December also, but we will just miss your dates as we are from the 11th to the 18th. I totally agree about not doing the dining plan. It's too much planning for me - plus we are staying BWI Club Level and they serve a fair amount of food throughout the day already anyway.

OMG you will LOVE Keys to the Kingdom!! It is very cool, and I believe you get a little something special at the end, and I actually almost liked this better than Backstage Magic (which my family did the following trip) because you don't get to see as much of the utilidors in that one, and I've always found them fascinating.

You will also LOVE MVMCP!!! Go for the second viewing of the parade if you want a less crowded experience. And if you want snow, watch it from Main Street.

I like your plans! I tried Garden View Tea at GF a few trips ago and fell in love, so I always suggest it as something fun to do, especially for couples. If you find yourself wanting a break from the parks, visit the various resorts to see the Christmas decorations. All the deluxe level resorts (maybe the others too) go all out. It is really quite the sight.

Also, if you get a chance, go to California Grill to catch Wishes. DH and I discovered on our honeymoon that you don't have to have a dinner ressie to get up there. If fact, if you want food. Order from the bar. Seriously - chairs are more comfy, food is cheaper, and tables are perfect for two. When Wishes is almost ready, you have to go out on the balcony to experience it the best way. Go to the BACK balcony. Everyone scrambles for the 'front' balcony but the few is the same and the crowd is non-existent.

:) - Carey

FOLLOW MY 'DISNEYLAND HALF MARATHON' & 'DISNEYWORLD MAYBE-BABY CHRISTMAS' PRE-TRIP REPORTS!

Such great tips Carey! Where is California Grill? I dont see it in the Magic Kingdom!

California grill is in the contemporary... That is a great tip, we my have to try watching wishes from there this year.

I have the kinect (similar idea to wii fit) and I love using it to work out. It helped me lose 30lbs in less than 3 months.

I would love to do KTTK but I have a 3 and 4 year old and last time I checked min age was 8 or 12 I can't remember.

California grill is in the contemporary... That is a great tip, we my have to try watching wishes from there this year.

I have the kinect (similar idea to wii fit) and I love using it to work out. It helped me lose 30lbs in less than 3 months.

I would love to do KTTK but I have a 3 and 4 year old and last time I checked min age was 8 or 12 I can't remember.

KTTK you have to be 16, but they have a "Family Magic Tour" that is all ages from what the website says -
Family Magic Tour: A fun-filled scavenger hunt at the Magic Kingdom that the entire family can enjoy. You’ll follow clues in pursuit of a Disney villain to thwart his evil plan. Lots of fun surprises and character interaction are in store as your detective skills save the park from dastardly deeds.

Not sure if that's something you'd be interested in but it sounds like it could be fun too?

REALLY! I guess I am going to have to really start doing the Zumba! lol

JenGC said:
REALLY! I guess I am going to have to really start doing the Zumba! lol

I also use a fitbit... I love it! Really helped me watch my caloric intake. I need to lose another 30 or 40 (or 50) pounds before our trip in December

I also use a fitbit... I love it! Really helped me watch my caloric intake. I need to lose another 30 or 40 (or 50) pounds before our trip in December

I've heard about the Fit Bit! What all does it do? I supposed I could Google the info, but I prefer to hear about it from someone that has one..LOL

It is a super charged pedometer...it keeps track of steps, flights of stairs climbed, calories burned, and miles walked. It also keeps tracks of sleep patterns overnight. Then there is an app that I add in my exercise, food, water intake, and weight. It tells me how much I can eat and still lose the weight... I love it!

It is a super charged pedometer...it keeps track of steps, flights of stairs climbed, calories burned, and miles walked. It also keeps tracks of sleep patterns overnight. Then there is an app that I add in my exercise, food, water intake, and weight. It tells me how much I can eat and still lose the weight... I love it!

I think I'm going to have to look into one of these!! Sounds like it could be a real help for me trying to lose this last 30 pounds!

So, I'm sitting here watching some Walt Disney World specials on the Destination channel and it got my "planning" mood going again....
I'm thinking about doing something special for DH while we are there- he does put up with my Disney addiction after all.

I don't want it to be something super expensive, but I've read about doing a private dining event at GF.....what are your thoughts on doing this one evening?
Have any of you ever done this? Is it super expensive?

I'm also thinking about making him an appointment for a haircut at the barber shop on Main Street.

I'm also itching to change our resort but DH told me to leave it alone- SSR is new for us and we'll have plenty of other trips to check out the other resorts.

Of course, there still isn't anything available at any of the resorts I want to stay at so I guess he wins this one :rotfl2:

Now, here are a few questions for you..

What are some of the special things that you do at Walt Disney World that I may not know about?

What are some of the things you do to help pay for your Disney trips?

Subbing!

The special thing we did for our honeymoon was La Nouba - it was really amazing!

We used our tax refund to pay for Disney. :goodvibes

So, I'm sitting here watching some Walt Disney World specials on the Destination channel and it got my "planning" mood going again....

I'm thinking about doing something special for DH while we are there- he does put up with my Disney addiction after all.

What are some of the special things that you do at Walt Disney World that I may not know about?

What are some of the things you do to help pay for your Disney trips?

Hi Erica!

My parents mentioned watching a Disney special last night on Discovery - surely it was the same show! :)

So special things for DH:

1) Years ago I accompanied a friend to the barber-shop to get his hair cut, and I felt it was kind of a weird experience. It felt like emphasis was more for "baby's first hair cut" and that adult haircuts were almost out of place. Plus he had glitter put in his hair when it was done for "pixie dust". It was cute.. but kinda silly. On the upside, while I waited the parade started and right next to the barbershop proved to be an EXCELLENT place to see everything up close RIGHT as they leave from backstage, and for some reason NO ONE thought to stand there.

2) My mom and I are also contemplating special things for DH and my dad
on this upcoming trip.
*Disclaimer: everything I am about to mention is expensive.*

So, we have decided on:
- Chef's Table at V&A (which we are actually wait-listed for)
- Either the Indy, Petty or Exotic Driving Experience.

3) Stuff we have already done that I recommend!
- In January of 2012 my parents went to WDW and did the Wild Africa Trek, and loved it so much they bought DH and I tickets for our honeymoon in February. We LOVED it.
- My folks also did the Around the World Segway Tour at EPCOT and enjoyed it so much that we are all going to do the Off Road Segway Tour at Fort Wilderness in December.
- In the past we have also done the Illuminations Cruise on the 'Breathless', which was great fun and I highly recommend it.
- My parents have seen La Nouba and rave about it.
- Parents and I have also done the Disney Trains/Railroads tour and that was VERY cool.
- Bistro De Paris is a very romantic place to have dinner. DH and I celebrated our honeymoon there.
- We've done the Backstage Safari, which being animal lovers was a favorite and I would recommend it.

3) Things we have not yet done but that look fun:
- The SPA at Saratoga Springs
- A horse drawn carriage at Fort Wilderness
- The hot air balloon ride at DTD
- Dolphins tour
- Wishes fireworks cruise

Eesh... that's probably WAY too much information. Anyway, I am sure you will find something special for him!

:goodvibes

- Carey

I've never looked into the private dining at the GF, but I have considered one of the tours as a surprise before. Maybe Behind the Seeds (which is less than $20 each, I think!)?

On our past two trips, DF has "surprised" me with the Cinderella's white chocolate slipper dessert. (Surprised is in quotation marks because I always leave him a subtle note with our ADR numbers and the phone numbers to call! :rotfl:) They have the slipper, and a mini tiered cake, which are always a nice little treat. You can order them through the bakeries at the Contemporary, the Grand Floridian, and at CRT.

Just saved me $24.00!

DH made fun of me for calling but I told him that the fare change credit will pay one check bag fee with a little left over.... :rotfl2:

We are driving this trip but when we fly I stalk sw site to get better prices... Last year I saved $140 a ticket by checking everyday! And I have 5 to buy tickets for.

We are driving this trip but when we fly I stalk sw site to get better prices... Last year I saved $140 a ticket by checking everyday! And I have 5 to buy tickets for.

I'm telling ya, I love the Disboards. There is no other place I know of where someone would actually admit that it's good to stalk the airline after booking tickets.
DH kept saying, "Don't worry about it- the tickets are booked"

But I just couldn't leave it alone.

In fact, I'm getting antsy - I need something else to do for this trip besides sit and wait :rotfl:

You know it's bad when you haven't even made your upcoming trip and you're already planning another week long trip for next year!

My sister and I have been talking over the last week or so and we decided yesterday to plan a week long trip for next year!

October 12-20 - hopefully staying in a 2 bedroom at Bay Lake Tower.

This will celebrate my nephews 13th birthday and her new baby's first Halloween!

New baby is due in January 2013 - so while she (my sister is hoping for a girl and my nephew wants a little sister so we're calling the baby "she" for luck) will be super young what better place to have her first Halloween than Disney World!

No big changes on our December trip - still just a waiting game.
This is the worst part for me- so why not start planning another trip!

With this trip being planned and some other life things happening hubby and I have decided to put our vow renewal on the back burner for a few years.
If we're serious about moving to the Orlando area the money spent on the vow renewal would be better spent helping pay for a move and other things.

We'll still do a vow renewal - just maybe not as soon as we'd like.

In other news, hubby's work is sending him to New York for 4 weeks - not close enough that he can drive home on the weekends so the fur babies and I will be all alone for a month! After the NY assignment he'll come back for a couple of weeks and then it looks like he'll be headed to Miami for 5 weeks - I'm not a happy camper about this, but as he pointed out, it's more money for the mouse...LOL

Leave it to him to put a "positive" spin on things....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter