YES! We are going again! Spring Break 2016 PTR! Complete: TR Link

Awwww, I've never seen this show, and was hoping to one day. Staffing cuts? That is sad, considering there are people waiting to get in at RD every single day.

This is one of my absolute favorite things at Disney. I'm really hoping that I get to catch it while there!

Mmmmm, this one is really tempting me....

I'm determined to actually keep this ADR this time. I have had it lined up in the past but then we always end up cancelling it for one reason or another. It looks like such a cute place and seems to have a good selection of food. :)

I hope she is excited as I am about this. :)

View attachment 155398

Yay! Long day, but lots of time to take things at your own pace.

Long Day, Yes! I'm a bit worried about that!

Oh, I am so teared up over your Sister/Sister time!! How amazing to get to spend such special time together, just the two of you at the most magical place of all :) LOVE the sound of that!!

My sister has been through a lot over the past few years and there were times we though we would lose her completely. She is amazing, and I can't wait to surprise her with this Sister Dinner at a place that has always been a special place to us!

PS No such thing as starting to pack too early for Disney!!! There are just SO many things you need. In fact, I already have a little bag in my closet started for December because it's easier to toss things in as I think of them, especially if I won't need them until them (ahem, Mickey ears and lightbulb necklaces!) :)

I'm actually starting to approach the official "panic" mode! We leave in 2 1/2 weeks!!!! How crazy is that??? My goal this weekend is to get the kids outfits all together and packed. If I can do that I feel like I accomplished something!

Awwww sister dinner!!! That's going to be the best of the trip!

Sorry you had issues with all your FP. The system is a PITA! thankfully they will allow you to make the new FP on the app now! YAY!

We are planning on getting a DAC for my son.

BTW-- what is that???

Awwww sister dinner!!! That's going to be the best of the trip!

Sorry you had issues with all your FP. The system is a PITA! thankfully they will allow you to make the new FP on the app now! YAY

I'm so happy they have done this!

BTW-- what is that???

DAC = Disability Assistance Card. Joey really has come a long way since his last trip in 2014. He wasn't even talking then and only using sign language. There was a time he was showing signs of autism so we got him in early intervention therapies and it did wonders for him! Though he was not diagnosed with autism he is prone to having outbursts/intense meltdowns when he is in a new place when he gets overwhelmed/over simulated. During our last trip the DAC allowed us to take his stroller through the line and that helped him immensely! They give you a sticker to put on his stroller so the CM's at the ride entrance know he can remain in the stroller. He is in his own space and doesn't feel too enclosed or overwhelmed by the people in line. Another option of the DAC is that you can bring a card up to the CM at the entrance of the ride and instead of standing in the actual line they give you a time to return and go through the FP line. For example, if the wait is 45 minutes, they right down the return time (45 minutes later) on the card, then when you come back you present the card to the CM and they have you go through the FP line. You are still waiting the same amount of time as if you were in the standby line, you are just waiting outside of the actual queue which allows you to walk around if need be and come back. Also, you can only have one return time at a time. So, if we were told to come back in 45 minutes for Pooh, we couldn't walk over to Peter Pan have them give us a return time for that ride until our return time was past for Pooh (hope that makes sense). We actually never used the return time feature of the DAC last time for him, just allowing him to remain in his stroller through the line was helpful. Back in 2014 I don't think Joey could handle just standing in a line that was more than 20 minutes long. However, now do to his progress I think he could handle a longer wait and be ok. I know this design for the DAC does not work for all individuals that need assistance, but I'm grateful it works for our little guy. (Well, I hope you are not sorry you asked now). :)

Non-planning update! :)

Well, I reached my goal this past weekend and I started the packing process. I started exactly 2 weeks before we leave. This weekend my daughter has a dance competition on Saturday that will occupy our entire day. Then my son is singing at church with the rest of his class, and my Mom will be coming in for the day so I knew I would not be able to get any packing done on those days. Then we leave the following weekend!!! I tackled the kids packing first, I will pack mine and Keith's a few days before we go. I have found the whole ziploc bag for each day works out great for the kiddos. I can tell Emma to go get hers and her brother's MK bags and start getting dressed. No hunting and complaining she can't find it! ;) Not to mention all the extra bags come in handy!! I still need to pack pajamas, underwear and socks for them, but will do that closer to the trip.

https://flic.kr/p/F9fbJQ
I also put together the kids Easter Baskets. I went over to the Dollar Tree and get everything from there, except for the No Mess Coloring book for my son (I got that from Walmart). I also bought each of them a lapdesk to use in the car. I got Emma one with Paris all over it, and found one for Joey that we can strap to his car seat that has a lip/ledge around it so things don't fall off. The baskets will be in the car when they get in and we hit the road. I'm hoping between these, phones, snacks, kindle and tablet they will be kept amused for our ride down to Jacksonville on Sunday.
https://flic.kr/p/F9fbJQ

Another reason Mom is coming into town is to pick up her magic bands. I was just going to bring them with me, but figured it would be best for her to have them so if they get to Pop before we are able to make it back from MK she will have them with her to get into their room. I realized I had not posted this beautiful picture yet...
https://flic.kr/p/ESmWxo

Aren't they pretty?? Of course the purple one was announced after mine were mailed!!!! Oh well! We ended up having to take the gray strip off of Emma's band too because it wouldn't fit right with it.

I can't believe we will be on the road in 12 days. I just need to get through this week and next at work and I will be one happy girl!

OMG! it's going to be here before you know it!!! Love all the goodies so FUN!!! Awesome job packing!!! I really need to do that. Life would be so much simpler. Yet again.. lately i pretty much pack the day before or the day of the trip... :sad2:

Well time is just going to zoom by, and before you know it you will be on your way!

This Friday we will be in the single digits! I see a DIS dance party in our future!!!

That ziploc method looks very intriguing; I might even consider that for myself just to have some extra bags along.

This worked out great for our 2014 trip, so I'm hoping for the same results this trip. I'm the type you likes to unpack everything and keep our room in as much order as possible. Not so easy with 2 kiddos and 2 adults, but I usually make it manage somehow. :)

Good luck to Emma at the dance competition!

Thanks so much!! She has come so far since the very first time I saw her "dance". She was about 3 years old and she literally just stood there frozen on the stage. Now she is out there competing in a solo and 4 other group dances!! Ok, Mom bragging time is over! :)

OMG! it's going to be here before you know it!!!

I know!!! It's crazy we will be leaving next weekend!!!!!

Love all the goodies so FUN!!!

Thanks! I'm just happy I scored so many goodies at Dollar Tree. Walked away only spending about $25 on both basket together! :) Granted I'm fully expecting them to be bored with them after 1 hour in the car!

Awesome job packing!!! I really need to do that. Life would be so much simpler. Yet again.. lately i pretty much pack the day before or the day of the trip... :sad2:

I really should give more credit to Emma as well. She really wanted to help me get everything together for her and her brother so if she had not pestered (er, I mean encouraged me sweetly) to get started on it I probably would have procrastinated.

I love how you have them all packed in Ziplocs like that! What a great idea and such an easy way to make your mornings more manageable.

Your Easter baskets turned out so cute!! My son, Jimmy (6) loves the Dollar Tree!! He's always asking to go there and spend his dollars :) They actually have some pretty awesome deals!

I love that the Magicbands have that strip you can tear off for the kids to wear them more comfortably! I can almost wear mine without one but it's pretty close on that last hole and I'm afraid I'd lose it!

Can't believe your big trip is almost here! With such a busy weekend coming up, time should fly!

Thanks! I'm just happy I scored so many goodies at Dollar Tree. Walked away only spending about $25 on both basket together! :) Granted I'm fully expecting them to be bored with them after 1 hour in the car!

That's ALWAYS the case!

Love the ziplock bag idea for clothing each day! We are going to start packing this weekend.....wooo hooo.... can't wait! We usually pack pretty much the entire day prior and I'm like a mad woman doing laundry, ironing, etc. This time, I just want to get it done in advance -- it's still fair here in New York, so DS won't need his shorts anyways on these last days leading up to the trip.

Hope we run into each other while we are there :thumbsup2

I love how you have them all packed in Ziplocs like that! What a great idea and such an easy way to make your mornings more manageable.

It really does! I just plopped them in a drawer once we get there, and their unpacking is done! I tell Emma to grab her bag and Joey's bag for that morning and get ready and she knows exactly which one to grab! :)

Your Easter baskets turned out so cute!! My son, Jimmy (6) loves the Dollar Tree!! He's always asking to go there and spend his dollars :) They actually have some pretty awesome deals!

I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. I know they won't keep busy with them the entire trip, and will turn to the phone/kindle/tablets before I know it but it's something different and special for the trip!

I love that the Magicbands have that strip you can tear off for the kids to wear them more comfortably! I can almost wear mine without one but it's pretty close on that last hole and I'm afraid I'd lose it!

I'm worried about Joey losing his! I think Emma will be just fine, but I can just see Joey taking his off without me realizing it and it be gone! I have actually tickets for both of them because we didn't do a package, I did a room only reservation and then bought tickets separately. We will have the actual tickets with us while there so I guess if the band gets lost it will help to the have the tickets when we buy a replacement, but hopefully it won't come to that.

Can't believe your big trip is almost here! With such a busy weekend coming up, time should fly!

I'm officially in freak out mode!!! I get a bit overwhelmed when I think of all the things that I need to get done between now and when we leave on Sunday!!!!

Love the ziplock bag idea for clothing each day! We are going to start packing this weekend.....wooo hooo.... can't wait! We usually pack pretty much the entire day prior and I'm like a mad woman doing laundry, ironing, etc. This time, I just want to get it done in advance -- it's still fair here in New York, so DS won't need his shorts anyways on these last days leading up to the trip.

Hope we run into each other while we are there :thumbsup2

I always wait to pack mine and Keith's stuff the day before, I try to get the kids stuff done ahead of time. I will be running around like a mad woman until we pull out of the driveway. Then I will begin to worry that I forgot something! :(

What are the dates of your trip? Where are you staying? I'm nosey....I know. :)

So, I got a bit more stuff done over the weekend for the trip. We had a super busy weekend with Emma's Dance Competition and then Joey singing in church on Sunday (they both did great!). Mom came into town for the day on Sunday and after church she and I ran out to Sam's to pick up some snacks for the trip. Of course we probably completely overdid it, but oh well everyone will be fed and will not die of thirst on the trip. :) That's all I did trip-wise this past weekend. Currently, I'm just trying to make it through the work week and get everything lined up there so there is not much for my co-workers to handle while I'm out. Thankfully, my boss told me I could log off (I work from home) at noon on Friday!! As long as I have everything all set, I will be doing just that. That extra time will definitely come in handy so I can get a jump on things that I was planning on trying to take care of before picking up the car on Saturday.

Ok, onto the plans:

March 31, 2016: Hollywood Studios/Epcot

Sadly, Mom and Sister will be heading home on this day. I hate their trip is so short, but I am grateful they will be joining us for part of this trip. The plan is to sleep in a bit on this morning. Sleeping in for me is 7:30am…LOL. However, we will not be rushing off to RD or anything this morning, so hoping for a slower paced morning.

Once we do get on our way we will be heading to Hollywood Studios. To be honest I’m not too happy how these FP’s fell, but oh well we will be at Disney!!

10:00-11:00am: Fast Pass for Star Tours. Still not sure how Joey will react to the 3D feature on this one, but I guess we will find out. J

11:45-12:45pm: Fast Pass for Tower of Terror. Keith and Emma will probably end up going on this while Joey and I sit out. Normally one ride a trip on this is enough for me!

12:25pm: ADR at Sci-Fi. We had given the choice to Emma to eat here or somewhere in Epcot and she chose Sci-Fi. Keith and I were secretly hoping she would choose somewhere in Epcot, but oh well! It is her trip this go around!

Our next FP is not until 5:05-6:05pm/5:10-6:10pm for Toy Story. To be honest I don’t know if we will stick around this late. I’ve tried changing the time, but no luck yet.

Once we are through with HS, we will either head back to Pop for a rest or head straight over to Epcot. It all depends on how the kids are feeling. I personally would like to opt for a rest because I would love to stay at Epcot for Illuminations. I just love Epcot at night!!

Once at Epcot I would love to take ride a ride on Test Track because I think the kids would enjoy it. Of course we will take a ride on my beloved Spaceship Earth. Also, Figment, Nemo and Living with the Land.

After that I would like to take the kids around the World Showcase. I was thinking about letting them do the Kidcot activity at each Country. Thinking we could grab some dinner at The Liberty Inn since it seems like it will address all my picky eaters.

After dinner we see the rest of the WS and then camp out for a spot for Illuminations. I would love to score a spot at La Cantina de San Angel. Grab some yummy nachos and sit back and wait for the show. However, I know this is a very popular place to watch the show and we can’t camp out super early because the kids will not put up with that. So, we will just see how it goes! I’m not even sure if the kids will even make it to Illuminations.

I think the key for this day is to just be as low key and relaxed as possible. Kinda just roll with the flow on this day, and not try to pack as much in and just relax a bit.

5 days until we leave, 6 days until we are on Disney Property!!!!

I always wait to pack mine and Keith's stuff the day before, I try to get the kids stuff done ahead of time. I will be running around like a mad woman until we pull out of the driveway. Then I will begin to worry that I forgot something! :(

What are the dates of your trip? Where are you staying? I'm nosey....I know. :)

We are going to be at the AoA from 3/28-4/2 .... we'll be resort neighbors :) Can't wait! So exciting these last few days of anticipation and counting down are always my favorite!

We are going to be at the AoA from 3/28-4/2 .... we'll be resort neighbors :) Can't wait! So exciting these last few days of anticipation and counting down are always my favorite!

YAY!! Same days! AOA is great...we stayed there in 2012 with the kiddos! I'm hoping we get a chance to walk over the bridge to AoA at some point during the trip.

I go from complete excitement to complete freak out!!!

Squeal! I'm happy because I only have 1 shift left! We will spend Easter weekend at home and cook up a storm, and hopefully relax and clean the house before we go.

I can't believe it's almost here! What days will you be there...would love to have a Dismeet if our days overlap :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter