Yes we are leaving at 5 AM!

dlavender

DIS Veteran
This was a last second trip, as the main purpose of this trip was to visit family in the Orlando area, so of course we had to make a "stop" at the Magic Kingdom! We "allowed" my sister and my 1 year old niece to join us on the trip down (3 adults and 4 kids in the van, how fun!). Our Disney party ended up having 12 people as we also "allowed" my Mom, 3 nieces, and my brother to join us. We went "old school" - got there early, stayed till close. Below is our journey,

First, gotta get through the mountains:

dis 1.jpg

Then stop for dinner at everyone's favorite fast food destination:
dis chix.jpg

DW decides to take the wheel and get us there the next morning:

dis next morning.jpg

Made it to FL!

dis florida.jpg

Uh, oh! We are definitely in FL!

dis snakes.jpg

We arrived in Orlando around 2 PM, and visited with family and friends. At 11 PM, I received a last second plea from my sister to not leave at 5 AM, she didn't see the advantages. I said, Yes we are leaving at 5, and if you don't like it, dont go! ( I wasn't that harsh, but I got my point across)

We almost got out of the door on time...

514.jpg

And we made it by 630!

disney sign.jpg

To the Magic Kingdom!

magic kingdom.jpg

Getting ready to walk in

walking in.jpg

Babies are ready:
babies ready.jpg

Last edited:
Sister arrived, now time to wait for the monorail to open

waiting on monorail.jpg

Riding over

riding over.jpg

Rope drop (as you can see, we aren't the only RDers!)

rd.jpg

rope drop 2.jpg

The castle

CASTLE.jpg

Racing to Frontier land! (not really necessary, everyone else is going to Fantasy Land!)

RACING.jpg

Quick pose with the littlest

FAMILY.jpg

The fruits of our RD labors (this is why we left at 5!)

FRUITS OF ROPE DROP.jpg

FRUITS OF RD 2.jpg

8 AM, first ride BTMRR - Rode 3 times!

BTMRR.jpg

Then to Splash

SPLASH.jpg

SPLASH 2.jpg

SPLASH 3.jpg

Its only 830, but we must press on to POTC

POTC.jpg
POTC 2.jpg

From here, we went JK, HM, and IASW.

It is now 10 AM, so we head to our first FP of the day, Dumbo:

DUMBO.jpg

DUMBO2.jpg

DUMBO3.jpg

If keeping score at home, that's 7 rides in the first 2 hours, including two headliners! Enough can not be said for the advantages of RD!

Waiting in line for the Speedway, someone is a little tired...

SLEEPY SPEEDWAY.jpg

But still ready to ride!

SPEEDWAY.jpg

SPEEDWAY 2.jpg

Then on to Space, for our second FP, me and the littlest doing some child swap waiting

SPACE.jpg

Sleepy time....

SLEEPY TIME.jpg

The older kids went on Stitch (their loss), and the laugh floor while we let the kids rest.

Then it was time to ride the People Mover, which became our 3 year old's favorite (we ended up riding it 3 times by the time the day had ended)

PEOPLE MOVER.jpg

Then we went on Buzz, and then onto the parade.

CASTLE 3.jpg

FOF.jpg

From here, we did CoP (despite some objections), Tea cups, Winnie the Pooh, Little Mermaid and then Belle:

BELLE.jpg

We then did the Carousel, ate dinner at the Star light Cafe, and let my family talk us into watching the 9PM MSEP vs the 11PM one that I had planned (my plan was better, but who doesn't love huge crowds?) I can honestly say that I haven't seen a large crowd like that in a long time. From the front of the castle all the way to the train station was packed. We got an ok spot, to the left of the castle, and enjoyed the parade, projection show, and wishes. We then thought that we could race towards 7DMT and walk on. Wrong. Posted 45 min wait, and we could see the line almost to the entrance, so we said forget that. We then went back to Space (little ones did People Mover again), which had a 30 minute wait (actual was 20) and then went back to 7DMT, around 1120PM, which still had a 45 minute wait, with about the same size line. We went to Peter Pan instead (posted 30 minute wait), actual was 35. Kids all stayed awake and enjoyed it. The new waiting area is better than the ride!! I still couldn't fathom waiting 95 mins for that 90 sec ride. That's crazy. We then walked back to the entrance/exit as all rides were closed. We made it! Open to close. My feet are still trying to find room for forgiveness. My family, even my sister, told me that it was the best day at Disney that they have ever had, and thanked me for my plan (brilliance).

Wow. I feel like I should salute you?

Thanks for the report! I think you proved that busy days can be tamed...

Also really liked the picture format you used.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter