Yes, We're Satisfied With Our Care! October 2015 TR **NEW 8/21 Final Thoughts

Just wanted to stop in and post a link to my newest TR from our February 2016 trip! DH got on a roll editing pictures while we were spending a long weekend at a beach house with my family last weekend, so I started typing ahead as much as possible. I'm really ready to get this one started! Hopefully you'll follow along!

Laissez Le Bon Temps Rouler: Mardi Gras with the Mouse! February 2016 TR

I know I'm woefully behind on reading & commenting, but I'm hoping I can play catchup this weekend.

In case you missed it, see the above post for a link to my February 2016 TR that I started this weekend!

Day 7 Continued: Friday October 23rd

When I left off, we had hopped over to Epcot from AK unexpectedly and had a good time at the Visa Meet & Greet and riding Spaceship Earth.

After that is where our night went downhill. We split up exiting SE so that I could go get the stroller and stop at the camera shop to pick up our free 5x7 from the Visa meet. DH and DS decided to go back to Innoventions because DS wanted to play in there some more. This was the night he started his obsession with Habit Heroes that ended up being the very first thing we did at Epcot at rope drop on our Thanksgiving trip!

The problem came when I was finished getting the photo and was ready to meet up with them. I realized I had left my phone with DH! So I had no way of contacting them to see where they were. This led to about 30 minutes of me wandering around trying to figure out where they were as I visited both sides on Innoventions multiple times looking, then would go back to the camera shop, then wandered up to the exit to see if they were waiting there. Earlier in the week, I had twisted my foot while walking up Main Street because it fell into the tracks the wrong way. So walking around for 30 minutes while it was still tender and painful was totally NOT ideal. I was practically in tears by the time I decided to go back inside the camera store and see if they had a phone I could use. The CM there directed me across the way to Guest Services, and as I was walking over there, I finally spotted them coming towards me. They had been looking for me, so who knows how many times we had just missed each other. I can't say I was too nice to DH for a little while after that. I was pretty peeved they weren't where they had said they were going to be, and also partly annoyed with myself for not remembering to take my phone with me.

For about 2 weeks after that, I actually couldn’t even wear my tennis shoes because it hurt my Achilles tendon so badly to wear them. I ended up in sandals for the rest of the trip, which made the rest of my feet hurt, but not as badly as my Achilles in tennis shoes!

Oct 07-221
by disneymom1024, on Flickr

It was 7:45 pm by then, and we decided to call it a night and go back to Bonnet Creek. DH and I got the kids ready for bed, and then he headed out again that night to watch HalloWishes from the TTC once more.

I was happy to get to bed early because we had our earliest Disney morning yet coming up the next day. It was DS’s birthday! And our tradition was continuing of having a pre-opening breakfast planned at Crystal Palace. So I set my alarm on my phone, and noticed I was due for a software upgrade. It said it could install the update overnight while it was plugged in, so I thought that was great and set it to do just that. Why do I mention this? I’ll just leave you with…DUN DUN DUN.

UP NEXT: Will We Make It??

Last edited:
Ouch! I'm sorry you hurt your foot. That is no good, especially with all the walking at Disney. It's so rough when you're separated like that with no phone. It happened to us finding seats at Fantasmic and it's so stressful!

Habit Heroes is closed now, right? That seems like something the boys would have loved!

Do you know if they pipe in the Hallowishes music at the TTC? That would be great to catch an extra show there in October! Where specifically did he watch from?

Uh oh, that doesn't sound like a good start to the day...

The fireworks pictures are breathtaking. I really need to play with the settings on my camera. Great job!

Ouch! I'm sorry you hurt your foot. That is no good, especially with all the walking at Disney. It's so rough when you're separated like that with no phone. It happened to us finding seats at Fantasmic and it's so stressful!

Habit Heroes is closed now, right? That seems like something the boys would have loved!

Do you know if they pipe in the Hallowishes music at the TTC? That would be great to catch an extra show there in October! Where specifically did he watch from?

Uh oh, that doesn't sound like a good start to the day...

It was miserable walking on that foot already but wandering around aimlessly for nearly 30 minutes didn't make it much better. :/ It is a wonder we ever survived without cell phones because I feel lost without mine now!!

Yep, it's closed. They probably would have loved it as much as DS did. He was seriously SO sad when I told him it was closed for good!

Yes, they do pipe in the music!! Not sure if you have been to the TTC before, but there is a loading area with a few benches just before you go out onto the dock to get on the ferry. He was standing against the railing of that loading area where you would have a straight-on view of the Castle.

The fireworks pictures are breathtaking. I really need to play with the settings on my camera. Great job!

Thanks! DH loves shooting fireworks!

Those tracks in the MK are deadly! I don't know what's worse, tripping over them with your feet or getting a stroller wheel caught in the gap...I'm sorry you couldn't wear your shoes the rest of the week, though! Disney without supportive shoes is tough. I'm a natural Floridian and live in my flip flops, but even at Disney I have to throw on shoes every other day.

Beautiful shots of the fireworks from the TTC!

Oh jeez, those software updates. I'm already afraid to see how your morning started. This really was a rollercoaster of a trip for you guys. Now, I'm really glad you got to go back over Thanksgiving and in February. (And Memorial Day Weekend!)

What a frustrating end to the night! It's amazing/scary how much we rely on our cell phones, what did we even do before them?! I'm sorry about your foot too :(

More great pics by DH of the fireworks!

Oh no, a software update...that is not sounding good....

This photographer pulled DS off to the side for a couple closeups of him that came out super cute!

Very nice photos! Love it when they do that with the kids.

And one of DD.

Awwww....

26201130770_43c95375bd_c.jpg
Haha, that's cute!

I stopped in Starbucks to get a big cup of ice water, which turned out to be the best decision! The plastic cups are so much sturdier there than the paper ones you get at the quick service places.
Great tip!

The problem came when I was finished getting the photo and was ready to meet up with them. I realized I had left my phone with DH! So I had no way of contacting them to see where they were.
:eek: I know this feeling!

I can't say I was too nice to DH for a little while after that. I was pretty peeved they weren't where they had said they were going to be, and also partly annoyed with myself for not remembering to take my phone with me.
Ugh, I've been there. :headache: Sorry you had to deal with all that - it's the worst to waste Disney time like that. :sad2:

It said it could install the update overnight while it was plugged in, so I thought that was great and set it to do just that. Why do I mention this? I’ll just leave you with…DUN DUN DUN.
:scared: Well, I hope things don't go too badly.

Those tracks in the MK are deadly! I don't know what's worse, tripping over them with your feet or getting a stroller wheel caught in the gap...I'm sorry you couldn't wear your shoes the rest of the week, though! Disney without supportive shoes is tough. I'm a natural Floridian and live in my flip flops, but even at Disney I have to throw on shoes every other day.

Beautiful shots of the fireworks from the TTC!

Oh jeez, those software updates. I'm already afraid to see how your morning started. This really was a rollercoaster of a trip for you guys. Now, I'm really glad you got to go back over Thanksgiving and in February. (And Memorial Day Weekend!)

Those tracks have gotten me more than once over these last few trips when I have DD in the carrier and can't see my feet! But this trip was definitely the worst. The stroller wheels getting stuck is such a pain too!! I'm usually okay to wear sandals most of the time, but usually have to rotate in the tennis shoes at least in the evenings and a day here and there. But after this night wandering around and really aggravating it more, squeezing into tennis shoes wasn't an option.

Thanks!

Haha When you put it that way, we certainly got a lot of make ups!!! :rotfl2: I'm REALLY going to miss these APs when they expire.

What a frustrating end to the night! It's amazing/scary how much we rely on our cell phones, what did we even do before them?! I'm sorry about your foot too :(

More great pics by DH of the fireworks!

Oh no, a software update...that is not sounding good....

I don't know how I ever survived anything before my phone!! I felt totally lost!!

Yeah, it wasn't the greatest timing...

Very nice photos! Love it when they do that with the kids.

Awwww....

Haha, that's cute!

Great tip!

:eek: I know this feeling!

Ugh, I've been there. :headache: Sorry you had to deal with all that - it's the worst to waste Disney time like that. :sad2:

:scared: Well, I hope things don't go too badly.

I loved when the photographers would take some solo pictures of DS. Those usually came out the best!

Terk REALLY loved DD! It was so sweet!

Starbucks was definitely the best option for the free water. Better cup and more water than the QS places!

It sucked to end our night on that note. I hated that feeling of now knowing how in the world I was going to find DH.

Day 8: Saturday October 24th

Today was the day…DS’s 5th birthday!! I had my alarm set to go off VERY early to give me enough time to get DD fed and ready to leave to get to MK by 7:30 am at the latest. However, I ended up waking on my own and rolled over to check my phone for the time…and saw it was 6:20!! MUCH later than the 5:15 am I had set it for!! Apparently when I set the phone to install the update overnight, it deleted my alarm. Of course, this happened the one and only day I was worried about actually being somewhere for a very specific time!

So we went into overdrive. I got DD fed and ready in record time while DH worked on getting himself and DS ready. There was no way in heck I was missing out on our pre-park opening time!! I bet if anyone would have been recording us, we would have looked like that scene in Home Alone when they realize they slept in and are running like crazy people through the house to get to the airport.

Untitled
Singing Happy Birthday to DS!

Untitled
Somehow, someway, we were in the car by 7:05 to drive to the TTC.

Oct 08-001

Oct 08-002
We chose to take the resort monorail as our mode of transportation to MK that morning.

Oct 08-003

Oct 08-004
We made it to the MK gates just as they were letting in the guests with early reservations! Looking back, I’m STILL not sure how we managed that considering how long it took us to get ready and out of the door every other morning on that trip!!

Oct 08-007

Sleeping Beauty was living up to her name.

Oct 08-008

Time to go into the park!

We took advantage of the early park entry and found a couple of different Photopass photographers to take our pictures in front of Cinderella Castle. We did some as a family, but made sure to get some of just the Birthday Boy!

We moved up a little closer for some more pictures. Many gratuitous Cinderella Castle photos incoming!

Then we were ready to head over to Crystal Palace to check in for our breakfast. DH couldn’t resist more pictures while we waited for our family to be called.

Oct 08-032

Oct 08-034

Oct 08-035
Yep…still asleep!!
Continued in next post...

Last edited:
Day 8 Continued: Saturday October 24th

Soon enough, we were welcomed inside and sat beside the window next to the spot where you check in outside. They did let me bring the stroller inside since DD was asleep, just in case anyone traveling with little ones was wondering. Immediately, Eeyore came to the table before any of us had a chance to hit the buffet.

Once Eeyore left, we had a chance to settle in at our table and check out the Mickey confetti they had sprinkled around for DS’s birthday! Luckily, I had remembered to call the night before and add our celebration to the ADR. I had almost forgotten about it entirely!

Oct 08-045
I went up to the buffet to get a few things for DS so he could start eating. When I got back to the table, I saw @leshunlenese 's son peering in at us through the window while she was checking them in! We had known we’d have overlapping ADRs here, so it was fun to be able to wave hello to them through the window! But they must have been seated on the other side of the restaurant because I didn’t see them after that.

Oct 08-046
DS getting to work on his Mickey waffle & strawberry yogurt

I went back up to the buffet to get something for myself, and while I was gone, I missed Winnie the Pooh coming around to our table. Things move so quick at a character meal! I like having one in the park so we can get in before it opens, but I have to say I enjoy the ‘Ohana breakfast meal more just because they bring the food out to the table. Never have to worry about missing one of the characters while up at the buffet!

Oct 08-047

Oct 08-049

Oct 08-051
Up next was Tigger!

I missed Piglet when I made a quick trip to the bathroom. These pictures didn’t come out the best because DD had also woken up in the meantime, so DH was trying to juggle her and the camera.

Oct 08-062

Oct 08-063

Oct 08-065
Playing peek-a-boo with DD!

We finished up breakfast earlier than we had thought we would, so it occurred to us that we should try to hurry over to Mine Train before the park opened to everyone else at 9 am. But by the time we paid the bill and looked out the window, people were pouring in to the park and it was still only 10 till, so we had lost our jump on the crowds. We still went over there just to check, but the line was already 45 minutes long. Instead, we went on the Carousel. I was told I could ride holding DD, we just had to sit on one of the stationary seats, which was fine with me.

Oct 08-066

Oct 08-067

Oct 08-068

Oct 08-071
A ride on the Carousel isn’t complete without a try at the Sword in the Stone right after.

Oct 08-072
When the two handed technique failed, DS gave it a try with just one.

Oct 08-073

Last edited:

While we had been on the Carousel, I had scoped out a pretty short wait at Princess Fairytale Hall for Cinderella and Rapunzel. DS was not thrilled about the idea, but didn’t put up any argument, so we went to get in line.

Oct 08-074

Oct 08-075
Had to get Sleeping Beauty with her portrait!

Oct 08-076

We waited less than 15 minutes before we were brought in to see my FAVORITE princess, Rapunzel!!

Oct 08-077

Oct 08-078

She saw my shirt and said, “Oh, wow, I love your tunic!” lol

Oct 08-079

Oct 08-080

And when DS told her it was his birthday, she got really excited and said, “I LOVE BIRTHDAYS!!” It was so cute, and so Rapunzel. Photopass got a few pictures for us as well. When it was time to pose she told us to smile, no smolders!

Then it was time to go meet Cinderella.

Oct 08-081
Snow White is not my favorite princess, but I love that they still have this nod to Snow White’s Scary Adventures in here.

Oct 08-082

Oct 08-083

Oct 08-084

DD started crying during the meet for some reason, and Cinderella was just so sweet with her. And I told her how DD has a bad habit of losing her socks just like Cinderella lost her slipper, and she showed me how she had the Fairy Godmother add straps to her shoes so she wouldn’t lose them again. She told me I should look for the FGM and ask her for a solution to DD’s sock problem as well. Lol

Now some Photopass versions

After a great meet with two beautiful princesses, it was time for my little princess to eat, so off we went to baby care. While we were gone, DH and DS decided to head to Tomorrowland.

UP NEXT: Tomorrowland Fun!

Last edited:
We made it to the MK gates just as they were letting in the guests with early reservations! Looking back, I’m STILL not sure how we managed that considering how long it took us to get ready and out of the door every other morning on that trip!!
Wow, great job! :worship: Glad you made it!

:rotfl2: Cute!

Many gratuitous Cinderella Castle photos incoming!
Love them! Beautiful!

I like having one in the park so we can get in before it opens, but I have to say I enjoy the ‘Ohana breakfast meal more just because they bring the food out to the table. Never have to worry about missing one of the characters while up at the buffet!
Agreed - the family style meals are so nice and less stressful.

She told me I should look for the FGM and ask her for a solution to DD’s sock problem as well. Lol
:rotfl:

Oh no! I'm sorry that happened :(

Haha funny I was just watching Home Alone this morning as I got ready for work! I can imagine your room looked a little chaotic as you guys scrambled to get ready!

WOW I am very impressed that you made it on time! You were determined!

LOVE all the castle pictures and PP pictures!

So many great character pics at Crystal Palace! I agree that character buffets can be a little hectic with juggling getting food and not missing the characters!

Cute pics on the carousel, especially the ones of you and DD!

I'm glad DS didn't put up a fuss about meeting some princesses! It sounds like great interaction, especially with Cinderella!

Wow, great job! :worship: Glad you made it!

:rotfl2: Cute!

Love them! Beautiful!

Agreed - the family style meals are so nice and less stressful.

:rotfl:

I couldn't believe we actually made it. Had anything gone wrong with transportation at the TTC, we would have been screwed!!

That was one of my favorite poses the Photopass photographers had us do. DS played his part so well! It will be even funnier one day when DD can get in on the fun. lol

Family style character meals are infinitely better than having to perfectly time trips to the buffet! I hate missing out.

Oh no! I'm sorry that happened :(

Haha funny I was just watching Home Alone this morning as I got ready for work! I can imagine your room looked a little chaotic as you guys scrambled to get ready!

WOW I am very impressed that you made it on time! You were determined!

LOVE all the castle pictures and PP pictures!

So many great character pics at Crystal Palace! I agree that character buffets can be a little hectic with juggling getting food and not missing the characters!

Cute pics on the carousel, especially the ones of you and DD!

I'm glad DS didn't put up a fuss about meeting some princesses! It sounds like great interaction, especially with Cinderella!

It was like instant panic mode when I saw what time it was and realized what had happened!! I still look back and can't believe we made it in enough time to get into the park before our ADR.

Thank you!

It's definitely tough to juggle it all, especially since DH and I usually end up making several trips to get food for ourselves and for DS.

He can be a real turd when it comes to character meets he doesn't want to do, particularly princesses at this age, but he was great that morning which was nice for me! I was going to meet them regardless, but it was nice not to have as much resistance from him as I usually get. And it ended up being a great meet!

I remember seeing you in the window! we had a 8am reservation but was late because my nephews ticket was messed up and we had to wait a guest relations. UGH! We sat on the other side and I walked over to say hello and you guys were well gone by then.
I dragged Devyn to meet Cinderella and Rapunzel this May and he was not happy but said he would go since it was my birthday that time but on his birthday he didn't want to meet any girls! LOL

This picture is too funny! Your daughter looks adorable in her Aurora outfit!!

It was one of my favorite poses that Photopass had us do! lol

Aw, thank you!

I remember seeing you in the window! we had a 8am reservation but was late because my nephews ticket was messed up and we had to wait a guest relations. UGH! We sat on the other side and I walked over to say hello and you guys were well gone by then.
I dragged Devyn to meet Cinderella and Rapunzel this May and he was not happy but said he would go since it was my birthday that time but on his birthday he didn't want to meet any girls! LOL

It was too funny. I remember looking up and seeing Devyn looking in the window, and I started to wave at him but then realized he wouldn't have any clue who this lady was waving at him. :rotfl:

DS still normally puts up a fight about princess meets, but I'm trying to keep him used to it since princess stuff will soon be a big part of our trips once DD gets a little older! At least he appeased you for your birthday. :)

When I left off, DD and I were making our way to Baby Care while DH and DS were heading to see what kind of fun they could find in Tomorrowland. The Tremaines were out and about as they made their way there.

They were going on something new to DS (in Disney World), Astro Orbiter! They had ridden it together in Disneyland last year, but this was the first time at WDW.

Oct 08-094

Oct 08-095

Oct 08-096

DS was ready to take flight!

After Astro Orbiter, they decided to go on People Mover. I was bummed when DH texted me and told me they were going on this without me. Never thought I’d see the day that the People Mover would be so high on my list of favorites!!

DS decided to surf down the ramp after the ride. Lol

They headed back to Fantasyland for a spin on the teacups. That was one I was NOT bummed to miss out on!

Once DD and I had finished up at baby care, it was about time to use our Peter Pan FP+, so we met out front of there to ride together. I absolutely love this ride! But it’s just so short! It’s nearly impossible to do without a FP.

Oct 08-119

Oct 08-120

Oct 08-121

Oct 08-122

Oct 08-124
“We were only trying to drown her!”

Oct 08-125

Next we had a FP for Small World, but when we came off of Peter Pan, the wait there was pretty short. So I got on MDE and changed it to Barnstormer for later, and we went to ride Small World next.

Oct 08-135

Oct 08-136

Oct 08-137

Oct 08-138

Oct 08-139

Oct 08-140

Oct 08-141

Oct 08-142

Oct 08-143

Oct 08-144

Oct 08-145

Oct 08-146
A picture of Drunk Hippo is a must

Oct 08-147

Oct 08-148

Oct 08-149

Oct 08-150

Oct 08-151

Oct 08-152

Oct 08-153

Oct 08-154

Oct 08-155

Oct 08-156

Oct 08-157

Oct 08-158

Time check as we reached the unloading point!

Oct 08-159

It was about time to use our next FP+ for Enchanted Tales With Belle, buuuuuuuuttttt…we were right there by the Rapunzel Restrooms and I asked DH to take some pictures for me while I picked up our stroller. I just absolutely LOVE this area of the park. I wish it was more than just potties!!

Oct 08-160

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter